Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knight_lyon View Post
    i kinda like this idea. time traveling has always confused me and stuff. Alternate universe i wouldn't like.

but, the 9th cheveron sendin' you even further could make sense. the only downside that i don't like is, man, those ancients sure did have a lot of time on their hands to drop off stargates around the universe.
    There's a different type of parallel universe which is just physically separated by a massive distance, I believe, from some old Scientific American article I read online once. Perhaps they are thinking of something along those lines.
    http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
    sigpic
    My fics at my site
    Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Cohen also indicated Stargate producers are incubating a third spin-off series, based on the “ninth chevron,” a symbol imbedded in the stargate. “It will take some Stargate group to an awesome, complex region of space that will allow for many great stories,” Cohen said.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=936

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Cohen also indicated Stargate producers are incubating a third spin-off series, based on the “ninth chevron,” a symbol imbedded in the stargate. “It will take some Stargate group to an awesome, complex region of space that will allow for many great stories,” Cohen said.

That seems to fit with my last speculation. I found the article I was talking about:
        http://holtz.org/Library/Philosophy/...ark%202003.htm
        The faraway region of space would be considered a level I parallel universe as per this definition...
        http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
        sigpic
        My fics at my site
        Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Of course it could all be an inner space show.
          Meanwhile I found another article on the different level types of universe.
          sigpic
          My fics at my site

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post

Sounds intresting cant wait
            sigpic
            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
            Metal gear fan

Comment

This Idea scares me mainly because it could end up being a done before theme. I voted on the poll most people voted for it to be based on a space station? Come on people thats been done before Star Trek Deep space nine? is there a stable worm hole to another galaxy?

If they do this I want it to be something new that we havent seen before based on the sg-1 basics. I am just getting tired of all the remakes of movies and I just dont want them to make a Stargate series that flops because it redos elements from other series.

Just my opinion I am just apprehensive about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreams View Post
                This Idea scares me mainly because it could end up being a done before theme. I voted on the poll most people voted for it to be based on a space station? Come on people thats been done before Star Trek Deep space nine? is there a stable worm hole to another galaxy?

If they do this I want it to be something new that we havent seen before based on the sg-1 basics. I am just getting tired of all the remakes of movies and I just dont want them to make a Stargate series that flops because it redos elements from other series.

Just my opinion I am just apprehensive about it.
                In a way all fiction is nothing new at all.. it's all redoing the classics...
                Personally I think developing the characters is the important part of a new series and hope they do it well...
                sigpic
                My fics at my site

Comment

Originally posted by scirev View Post
                  In a way all fiction is nothing new at all.. it's all redoing the classics...
                  Personally I think developing the characters is the important part of a new series and hope they do it well...

I understand that but some of the stuff these writers are coming up with are useless. I would love to see more substance. Just the fact that the continumum is a moebius redo basically is pathetic.

If they make a new series I want to see new stuff as well as touch bases with areas not yet explored such as the furlings, the asurans, the tollan people and what happened to them, the retu. there are so many untouched areas that they could bring fwd.

I guess I will just have to wait and see. I just hope they get some new writers with new ideas because the current keg is tapped dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreams View Post
                    I guess I will just have to wait and see. I just hope they get some new writers with new ideas because the current keg is tapped dry.
                    I agree with you on the stuff you'd like to see..
                    I hope they get some good new inspirations..
                    Look at the new Doctor Who.. they get some interesting twists on the old stuff, plus new stuff too.. as a result it's being watched not just by sci-fi fans, which is something interesting I think. It's an interesting approach..
                    sigpic
                    My fics at my site

Comment

Greatings Gaters, we of Stargate Brasil have put a Poll like GW has made in his Portal website, and we duscuss some possibilities and Teories from this new third Stargate Franchise séries.

We have happy to make part of this Family.
                      Fabiano Klug
                      O'neill say: I don't care.
                      Stargate Brasil

Comment

Well i've finally heard about thsi third series, and looked at the poll. And off those options i'd personally like to see the Space Station one, that maybe was used for space exploration or something along those lines, of going further researching ne gate addresses etc. As if it has a good script, good set of characters/actors i believe it will be a success whether it be based on Earth, on a ship, station, another planet, or whatever. AS long as the script is good, and gets people hooked, then it will be a success.

For instance Heroes, rather Sci Fi, yet loads of people watch it, and talk about it. If Stargate could do that get people watching etc, increased ratings, fanbase then it would expand what has already been built thus far.

But overall i'd like to see it based on a space station were it's exploring the gate addresses which go into 7/8/9 etc in number. My wonder is will we finally get to know who and what the furlings are?
                        sigpic

Comment

did any one else hear that it might be set in the ori home galaxy ))))
                          join up and play -- www.atlanteangatewars.com -- join up and play

Comment

Originally posted by squeaky View Post
                            Noooooo... so boring....
                            sigpic
                            My fics at my site

Comment

whre did you hear that?
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

It's a strange idea, but like others sayed, a good script can make a nice show, it's a new scene this idea, never thinked about it....

Nice point...
                                Fabiano Klug
                                O'neill say: I don't care.
                                Stargate Brasil

Comment

Working...
                                X