Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    He's talking out of his arse.
    Suit yourself! We'll see who has the last laugh sooner or later
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Even if that were the real plot, how the hell would some random at Rainmaker know? Plots are out for over half of Atlantis season four, and they still haven't planned the finale yet. There's no way the first season of Universe is planned out, especially when Robert Cooper claims they haven't even started writing for it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        Suit yourself! We'll see who has the last laugh sooner or later
        I guess we'll know in due time..
        http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
        sigpic
        My fics at my site
        Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

No, I'm pretty sure I know now.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm going to start laughing.

Comment

Stargate Universe

It seems to me that, I will see the deleted episodes not include on the plot of the SG-1 seasons. Travels to different galaxies using the ninth chevron.
            Using another mithology to create new false gods goa'uld. There are mythologies not used at all, for ex. roman, tuscan, greek, incan, african, mayan, aztec, hitites, celts, gypsy, gothic.

But I have doubt about the members of the team. Will be the same?

Comment

Originally posted by labelladoncella View Post
              Stargate Universe

It seems to me that, I will see the deleted episodes not include on the plot of the SG-1 seasons. Travels to different galaxies using the ninth chevron.
              Using another mithology to create new false gods goa'uld. There are mythologies not used at all, for ex. roman, tuscan, greek, incan, african, mayan, aztec, hitites, celts, gypsy, gothic.

But I have doubt about the members of the team. Will be the same?
              Nice idea..
              Something about the ancient Maltese prehistoric temples would be really original.. a fat lady false god goa'uld or other alien race for instance..
              Members of the team can be the same or we can have more and the roster can rotate from time to time...
              http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
              sigpic
              My fics at my site
              Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

I'd like to see some elements of Sliders in the story- our heroes are lost, with limited access to any Gate addresses. Limited supplies and on the run. Not in any control of their surroundings. They make some friends and some enemies. Perhaps, as many have already said in this thread, an accident occurs while we attempt to use Asgard tech, stranding a group from the SGC in a distant part of the universe. And the motivation from episode to episode is merely to survive as they try to find a way home. I would also like to see great conflict among the main characters as the chain of command begins to break down.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BerrySciFi View Post
                  I'd like to see some elements of Sliders in the story- our heroes are lost, with limited access to any Gate addresses. Limited supplies and on the run. Not in any control of their surroundings. They make some friends and some enemies. Perhaps, as many have already said in this thread, an accident occurs while we attempt to use Asgard tech, stranding a group from the SGC in a distant part of the universe. And the motivation from episode to episode is merely to survive as they try to find a way home. I would also like to see great conflict among the main characters as the chain of command begins to break down.
                  Ah yes, the old Star Trek Voyager story... why didn't anyone else think of copying that?
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                  Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                  Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Haha yea but they could do the premise well- unlike Voyager. And without the ship. I like the whole "lost and trying to get home" idea. I also think it would be interesting to go low-tech (we run out of bullets, the zats run out of energy, etc.). I would like to see us do more than simply techo-babble our way out of difficult situations.
                    sigpic

Comment

Haha yea but they could do the premise well- unlike Voyager. And without the ship. I like the whole "lost and trying to get home" idea. I also think it would be interesting to go low-tech (we run out of bullets, the zats run out of energy, etc.). I would like to see us do more than simply techo-babble our way out of difficult situations.
                      so with all the technology we received from the Asgard, you want to see SGU revert to a tech-level of season 1 of SG1 and still do star trek voyager?

maybe they can do a spinoff of SGU and have their team discover a secret underground base of some ancient alien race in a different galaxy...

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                        so with all the technology we received from the Asgard, you want to see SGU revert to a tech-level of season 1 of SG1 and still do star trek voyager?
                        I want to see a ZPM factory
                        sigpic
                        My fics at my site

Comment

Obviously, Asgard tech will be featured in whatever medium SG-1 continues in. Probably Atlantis, as well. I think the Stargate franchise is covering the advanced tech angle very well. How much further can they push it? Trans-warp drive? Quantum torpedoes? If SGU uses Asgard tech, how will it be different and stand-alone from the rest of the franchise? But maybe RCC is blowing a little smoke. Maybe SGU will really be Stargate SG-1: The Next Generation.
                          sigpic

Comment

Obviously, Asgard tech will be featured in whatever medium SG-1 continues in. Probably Atlantis, as well. I think the Stargate franchise is covering the advanced tech angle very well. How much further can they push it? Trans-warp drive? Quantum torpedoes? If SGU uses Asgard tech, how will it be different and stand-alone from the rest of the franchise? But maybe RCC is blowing a little smoke. Maybe SGU will really be Stargate SG-1: The Next Generation.
                            If SGU really takes place on the other side of the universe, do you think they would have the ability to take any Asgard technology with them? We still don't really understand what they have given us. It's probably for Tau'ri-Asgard as it was with Asgard-Ancients. You remember, Thor said that they had extracted an repository of the Ancients and learned much but the majority of it was beyond their understanding. I believe that while will be able to copy what the Asgard did to the Odyssey, we are still far away from understanding the majority of their technology.
                            sigpic
                            "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Im glad that they're making a third series to keep the franchise going especially now that SG-1 is cancelled but the title "Stargate Universe" when you really think about it it's a really boring title.

Comment

Originally posted by spacecowboy000 View Post
                                If SGU really takes place on the other side of the universe, do you think they would have the ability to take any Asgard technology with them? We still don't really understand what they have given us. It's probably for Tau'ri-Asgard as it was with Asgard-Ancients. You remember, Thor said that they had extracted an repository of the Ancients and learned much but the majority of it was beyond their understanding. I believe that while will be able to copy what the Asgard did to the Odyssey, we are still far away from understanding the majority of their technology.
                                well... humans... i nearly all fantasy/scifi stories are known, somewhat stereotypically, to show incredible leaps in wisdom and understanding that surpass what is expected of us...

we could... magically... have one of those leaps with the asgard tech... or SGU could take place several years after SG1 and thus allow for further understanding and revelations of the asgard and ancient tech

Comment

Working...
                                X