Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
    Spoiler:
    M
    Spoiler:
    e t
    Spoiler:
    o
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    o.
    Spoiler tags are wonderful things.

Speaking of spoilers...it's gonna suck if/when the pilot gets leaked. I might have to spend a bit of time away from GW until the premiere if that happens.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
      Can anyone confirm or deny whether http://www.youtube.com/user/SyfyImagineGreater is official or fake?
      I can't say 100% but judging from the low view counts on all the videos, only 3 subscribers and the age (15) I'd say it's not.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
        Spoiler tags are wonderful things.

Speaking of spoilers...it's gonna suck if/when the pilot gets leaked. I might have to spend a bit of time away from GW until the premiere if that happens.
        You're not the only one. I've skipped about the last 4 pages worth of spoiler tagged posts. I feel the cosmic forces pulling me toward the "spoiler" buttons...
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
          I can't say 100% but judging from the low view counts on all the videos, only 3 subscribers and the age (15) I'd say it's not.
          The channel is fairly new and I would bet the age is the age of the SciFi channel which is somewhere in that neighbor hood.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

So some 15yo got 5mins of Air somehow?
            How old is Syfy (or SciFi) anyhow? [edit] yeah, I'm wondering if they are 15 like jel said.
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
              So some 15yo got 5mins of Air somehow?
              How old is Syfy (or SciFi) anyhow? [edit] yeah, I'm wondering if they are 15 like jel said.
              I looked it up. SyFy will have been on the air for 17 years in a week or two
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah...I don't really know what to think about that YouTube account anymore
                Sig by Pandora's Box
                sigpic

Comment

SyFy is 17 years old.

You're both most likely right that the account doesn't belong to a 15 year old but that age still doesn't make sense.

Another thing is I've never seen Craig Engler (SyFy twitter account) link to the channel. And speaking of twitter:

AirlockAlpha - I've seen the first 6 minutes of #Stargate Universe ... this show is going to rock #Syfy. Seriously.

Comment

About the age thing; you know, maybe the channel is legit and the age is, I don't know...FALSE?!

But no, because people always tell the truth on the Internets, right?

Comment

SyFy is 17 years old.

You're both most likely right that the account doesn't belong to a 15 year old but that age still doesn't make sense.

Another thing is I've never seen Craig Engler (SyFy twitter account) link to the channel. And speaking of twitter:
                      Wow. Whoever that AlphaAirlock person is...they are raving about the pilot of SGU. That's a cool sign, and they even made a comparison to the (hugely successful) Warehouse 13.

[Edit] Wanted to add that some of what he has to say could constitute minor spoilers.
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

Wow. Whoever that AlphaAirlock person is...they are raving about the pilot of SGU. That's a cool sign, and they even made a comparison to the (hugely successful) Warehouse 13.

[Edit] Wanted to add that some of what he has to say could constitute minor spoilers.
                        Probably the first press screener. And by the nature of what they the pilots have to be good. Its what comes after the pilot that makes or breaks a show
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Probably the first press screener. And by the nature of what they the pilots have to be good. Its what comes after the pilot that makes or breaks a show
                          I agree, though I'm not sure I'd say pilots have to be good. I'm sure there's been some pretty dreadful ones in the past

Also, 2000 posts!!!! Wooo, exciting!
                          Sig by Pandora's Box
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh my goodness, I am loving Michael Hinman (AirlockAlpha)'s tweets right now!!

Also, small update (and more good news for me!):

ian R. Rogerson writes: “[...] 2. will sgu still have lots of tecno babble”

Answer: [...] 2. We’ll be trying to avoid the techno babble but focus on the science and astronomy.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/

Comment

I agree, though I'm not sure I'd say pilots have to be good. I'm sure there's been some pretty dreadful ones in the past

Also, 2000 posts!!!! Wooo, exciting!
                              Oh definatly and those show usually don't last that long. Although I need a pretty big drink to stomach Children of the Gods

Go get your custom
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Oh, nice! I was worried that when they said "less technobabble" it would mean less focus on science. Glad to see this isn't the case, and if they can simplify the dialogue to be more accessible...more power to them!

Originally posted by jelgate
                                Go get your custom
                                Not an option yet. Probably soon tho.
                                Sig by Pandora's Box
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X