Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No offense but you pretty much just took the plot of Star Trek: Voyager and put it in the Stargate universe.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
      No offense but you pretty much just took the plot of Star Trek: Voyager and put it in the Stargate universe.
      just like every other fan on this board... lol...

given how original Stargate SG-1 was........ i mean it was an entirely new approach to science fiction esp with the mythology....... i imagine that if SGU is going to be different from SG-1 and SGA, that it too will be very original... aka, its not going to be like SG1, SGA, ST, STTNG, STDS9, STV, STE, or the XFiles....

i have faith...
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I believe that, if you take into account that:

- The 7th Chevron allowed you to travel across our galaxy
        - The 8th Chevron allowed you to travel around in our local cluster of galaxies, then
        - It must mean that the 9th Chevron will take you around most of the universe.

I predict that the plot in SGU will involve using the 9th Chevron to go to the other side of the known universe. Atlantis will probably be used as the place that will make this happen. Of course, that will mean that there will be no way home (Unless there is something there that allows them to), and no contact with Earth (Or at least, not as easy as in SGA to contact Earth) - We'll have whole new stories, whole new mythologies, whole new races, enemies, and whole new.. Well, everything.

The possibility of having a variation of ST:Voyager as a possible plot for SGU? No thankyou. And there wouldn't be any need to call it "StarGate" if it was set on a ship lost somewhere.

A lot of people also seem to have forgotten about what was said regarding SGU:

"The working concept for the third Stargate television series includes the Stargate's ninth chevron, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told fans today. "

Comment

Originally posted by skydragon786 View Post
          I believe that, if you take into account that:

- The 7th Chevron allowed you to travel across our galaxy
          - The 8th Chevron allowed you to travel around in our local cluster of galaxies, then
          - It must mean that the 9th Chevron will take you around most of the universe.

I predict that the plot in SGU will involve using the 9th Chevron to go to the other side of the known universe. Atlantis will probably be used as the place that will make this happen. Of course, that will mean that there will be no way home (Unless there is something there that allows them to), and no contact with Earth (Or at least, not as easy as in SGA to contact Earth) - We'll have whole new stories, whole new mythologies, whole new races, enemies, and whole new.. Well, everything.

The possibility of having a variation of ST:Voyager as a possible plot for SGU? No thankyou. And there wouldn't be any need to call it "StarGate" if it was set on a ship lost somewhere.

A lot of people also seem to have forgotten about what was said regarding SGU:

"The working concept for the third Stargate television series includes the Stargate's ninth chevron, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told fans today. "
          no one's forgotten that... we've merely moved beyond it... try to catch up...

and doubtful they'll do the mythology thing again... it'd be like a remake of SG1, plus there are no mythologies left that are common enough to be impressive... i mean after egyptian (goa'uld), norse (asgard), grecco-roman (ancients), some asian and celtic (goa'uld), british (ancients vis a vie merlin et al)... there's nothing left...

teutonic
          mesopotamian
          sumerian
          babylonian
          etc...

are too rare/unknown to the mass public

besides, they did say it would be much more different from SG-1 than Atlantis was so i'm envisioning a completely new approach altogether
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I think it could be something like what skydragon786 said but instead of across the universe it could be outside our local group or the virgo supercluster.
            sigpic

Comment

well i think that sg1 was the myth series, sga hasnt really touched on any myths so i think we can assume that they wont be a part of universe at all.

Comment

I hope that TPTB will cast at least one SG1 cast member to SGU and that Stargate Universe won't turn into Stargate Sliders.
                sigpic
                "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by spacecowboy000 View Post
                  I hope that TPTB will cast at least one SG1 cast member to SGU and that Stargate Universe won't turn into Stargate Sliders.
                  It needs to have some connection to the other shows even if its just in the first episode.
                  Yeahsureyoubetcha

Comment

9th could mean time! :O

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                      9th could mean time! :O
                      Eek, I can see that getting messy. You know how people panicked about how Moebius screwed things up? That would happen every week!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

If the ninth chevron was time, don't you think that they Ancients would have used it to same themselves instead of building the time machine in "Window of Opportunity". Janus wouldn't have had to build the Time Jumper if the ninth chevron was time.
                        sigpic
                        "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Plus the Ancients weren't very fond of time travel in the first place, so I doubt they would implement something like that into the gate network.
                          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by spacecowboy000 View Post
                            Jonas Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by mindwarped View Post
                              Jonas Quinn
                              I really think that Corin Nemic has probably moved on, but anything is possible.
                              sigpic

Comment

Which galaxy you believe will go the new Stargate team? Andromeda?

Comment

Working...
                                X