Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although i can not say for sure i have done some digging to find out what it will be about and who "might" be in it. Michael Shanks name has popped up several times. From what i read a position was offered to him, but he has not replied. I believe i got it from http://www.wikipedia.com. Also the plot is going from universe to universe in case it hasent been said. I am hoping for open casting calls tho

Comment

I wouldn't believe anything you read on Wikipedia about the new series if I were you, the Daniel thing was just a rumour and nothing has been revealed about the plot other than it deals with the ninth chevron.

Comment

Since Universe seems to be separate, I would love it if Brad and Rob basically got themselves a whole new batch of writers instead of again producing 40 eps a year with the same batch, if Atlantis should continue.

Let Brad, Rob, and their team work on Universe, while Paul, Joe, and their team work on Atlantis. Best of both worlds, that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Khrise View Post
          Although i can not say for sure i have done some digging to find out what it will be about and who "might" be in it. Michael Shanks name has popped up several times. From what i read a position was offered to him, but he has not replied. I believe i got it from http://www.wikipedia.com. Also the plot is going from universe to universe in case it hasent been said. I am hoping for open casting calls tho
          i believe they actually confirmed in an interview that no one BIG from either series would be in it... though someone we have seen before will be... and it will NOT involve alternate universes... can't remember where i read it, but i'm pretty sure i am right and you are wrong
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

the ONLY thing i hope for with SGU is that O'Neill and Daniel are in the premier that way they're in all of the SG series

Comment

What I would quite like is the series to be about exploring, kinda like some travelers or a team going through the Stargate via the ninth chevron and being trapped somewhere - they then travel until they reach home again.

No ship, no Atlantis and no permanent residence - simply a team and the Universe
              sigpic
              Spoiler:
              President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
              President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
              Forum Charmer
              Forum Ambassador
              Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
              VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                What I would quite like is the series to be about exploring, kinda like some travelers or a team going through the Stargate via the ninth chevron and being trapped somewhere - they then travel until they reach home again.

No ship, no Atlantis and no permanent residence - simply a team and the Universe
                yes, yes, and we can call it stargate voyager!

Comment

Hmmm, maybe this is going to sound stupid or crazy, but does anyone else hope Cassandra is going to be involved with the main characters of the new series? I kinda enjoyed her as a character and it would be a nice way to tie SGU back to SG-1, y'know?

I believe she'd be in her early twenties by now and perhaps with Janet's death, she has an incentive to join the SGC herself.

Comment

..and again...Where the hell is the Ninth Chevron on the Gate?
                    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Well on the gate at the SGC, the eigth and ninth chevrons are hidden behind the ramp so you can't really see them.
                      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by chyron View Post
                        ..and again...Where the hell is the Ninth Chevron on the Gate?

Comment

I'm glad the ancient were mostly wiped out by a plaque and the Wraith, and I hope the Ori decimate them. That whole things be driving me nuts because when you look at the SGC gate, all of the chevrons are evenly spaced. The ancients were idiots... ::disapears in a poof of an energy as all of the ascendeds choose to prove that theres always an exception to the rule::
                          "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                            yes, yes, and we can call it stargate voyager!
                            Exactly because in Voyager they used the stargate to go to the other side of the universe and they left the ship to explore

1. - No ship, I made that clear
                            2. - I said they would explore without a ship or permanent residence which a ship is.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                            Forum Charmer
                            Forum Ambassador
                            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Exactly because in Voyager they used the stargate to go to the other side of the universe and they left the ship to explore

2. - I said they would explore without a ship or permanent residence which a ship is.
                              I'd be fine with that as long as Rick Berman and the other 'creatives' behind Voyager are publicly dropped into a vat of acid in front of the writers for the new show. The butchered the continuity, forgot key elements of the story and of all things - killed the Borg.

Comment

its the core concept of the series: a ban of explorers is stranded very far from home... trying to get back...

gate no gate doesn't matter
                                ship no ship, doesn't matter

same f'ing thing...

Comment

Working...
                                X