Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    You'll go blind if you stare too long.
    But... how did you know I erased the word 'stare' and replaced it with 'look'? I didn't even leave it in with strikethrough (which I would have if I'd remembered how to do strikethrough).

I shall attempt to determine the truth or falsity of your hypothesis. For science!
    [edit]I think 80% was a significant overestimate
    Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    No you won't. Just overpowered with gutter thoughts
    I'm too distracted by the picture to actually think any gutter thoughts.
    Last edited by Eternal Density; 20 August 2009, 06:26 PM. Reason: and I'd forgotten to click for higher res until a few minutes ago
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Ming-Na Talks Stargate Universe

http://tv.ign.com/articles/101/1016378p1.html

August 20, 2009 - The newest chapter in the long-running Stargate franchise, Stargate Universe, debuts this fall, with a very different feel from the previous series. The story follows a group of soldiers, scientists and civilians who become stranded after being forced through a Stargate. While they have a ship, called Destiny, it is locked into an unknown course and unable to return to Earth.

Ming-Na is one of the stars of Stargate Universe, playing Camile Wray – alongside an ensemble that also includes Robert Carlyle and Lou Diamond Phillips. Recently, after a bit of chitchat about the fun she had at one of the Robot Chicken skate parties last month, I spoke to the actress about her role on Stargate Universe and what it's like joining the Stargate juggernaut.

And yes, because I couldn't resist, I also asked about her role in the 1994 Street Fighter film – say what you will about the movie, but Ming-Na was a cool Chun-Li!
      INTERVIEW AT LINK ABOVE

Also, David Blue linked to a video of snippets of Ming-Na when she played Chun-Li in Street Fighter (1994).

Check it out!
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

I love her. Really, truly love her.

Camille Wray will be my favourite character. I can feel it in my elbow.

Also, this...
        IGN: How much room is there in the storyline for romance?

Ming-Na: Well, I think it's great with a show like this that anytime she is in a scene with a woman, you don't know… There's so many layers that can be played into it, whether she is just being a friend or whether she wants to get something more out of it. I think the audience sometimes can decide that more than I'll let on.
        ...applies to every scene between any characters at any time in every show. Slashers, I'm looking at you.

I'm just pointing that out now before someone jumps on it as another reason to complain about romance.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
          I'm just pointing that out now before someone jumps on it as another reason to complain about romance.
          Wait a minute! You mean there will be ambiguous scenes between characters that can be construed to mean several different things?!!1one

What the hell? This is NOT Stargate! Why are TPTB doing this? They've never done it before! This is going to be awful. "As the Gate Turns"...indeed...
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
            Wait a minute! You mean there will be ambiguous scenes between characters that can be construed to mean several different things?!!1one

What the hell? This is NOT Stargate! Why are TPTB doing this? They've never done it before! This is going to be awful. "As the Gate Turns"...indeed...

I hate you.

sigpic

Comment

I hate you.

I thought I'd give them a head-start
              Sig by Pandora's Box
              sigpic

Comment

Have you been listening to PG15 on snarkness because that was fantastic?

The slashers should be happy. SGU will have the first canon slash with Wray/ the Earth lesbien's name whose name escapes me.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

For shame! How can you even think that?
                  Next you'll be suggesting that we'll see characters kissing for the first time ever on a stargate show!
                  "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                  Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                  Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                  Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                  Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Have you been listening to PG15 on snarkness because that was fantastic?
                    Thank you. I just follow the example of the three who came before me

Glad to see it's working.
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you. I just follow the example of the three who came before me

Glad to see it's working.
                      Ah Snarky and Spazy, I knew them well.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                        For shame! How can you even think that?
                        Next you'll be suggesting that we'll see characters kissing for the first time ever on a stargate show!
                        THE HORROR!

OH THE HORROR!

What about the children? Will nobody think of the children????!!!!!1!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I love her. Really, truly love her.

Camille Wray will be my favourite character. I can feel it in my elbow.

Also, this...

IGN: How much room is there in the storyline for romance?

Ming-Na: Well, I think it's great with a show like this that anytime she is in a scene with a woman, you don't know… There's so many layers that can be played into it, whether she is just being a friend or whether she wants to get something more out of it. I think the audience sometimes can decide that more than I'll let on.
                          ...applies to every scene between any characters at any time in every show. Slashers, I'm looking at you.

So Wray will be a player? Heh, and all those people worried about the poor handicapped scientist using her body to have some fun
                          sigpic

Comment

I have thought about the children and concluded they will be an accpeatable casuality for the enjoyment that will be SGU
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Damn, guys...do you have to be so snarky?

I just...I don't think that's cool, you know? It's kind of...not cool.

Yes, yes, sometimes fans overreact and/or read too much into things but, live and let live, you know? Yeah. That's the deal. The fans are, like, free spirits, gliding among the clouds like how other clouds glide among clouds, or how gliders glide among clouds.

Woah, I just blew my own mind.

Hey, how about we sing a calming, peaceful song? I'll start.

Welcome to the juuuuuuungle. We've got fun and games!
                              We got everything you want; Honey we know the names!
                              Of Stargate episodes!

Yeah man, that's groovy.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                Damn, guys...do you have to be so snarky?

I just...I don't think that's cool, you know? It's kind of...not cool.

Yes, yes, sometimes fans overreact and/or read too much into things but, live and let live, you know? Yeah. That's the deal. The fans are, like, free spirits, gliding among the clouds like how other clouds glide among clouds, or how gliders glide among clouds.

Woah, I just blew my own mind.

Hey, how about we sing a calming, peaceful song? I'll start.

Welcome to the juuuuuuungle. We've got fun and games!
                                We got everything you want; Honey we know the names!
                                Of Stargate episodes!

Yeah man, that's groovy.
                                This was several levels of....something.
                                Sig by Pandora's Box
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X