Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Since Ladon's coup.
    yeah, i was thinking that, but they still should not be trusted completely:

1. they have nuclear weapons (thanks to us, but still)
    2. and more importantly - their leadership is volatile (Kolya, the guy Colm Meany played) and changes often.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

So...what color should the chevrons be this time? I think pure white would be pretty nice.
      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
        So...what color should the chevrons be this time? I think pure white would be pretty nice.
        i was thinking something more... purply...

LIKE THIS TEXT

the real question is, though, if we have a new gate network, that functions differently than the MW and P, then how will it function? i think instead of hard-carved chevrons, or digital LEDs, use tiny LCD screens...

i wonder, now that i speak of the gates, can the pegasus gates be dialed manually like the MW ones? if not, that sucks, and is actually a downgrade on an upgraded system...

Comment

I think it would be awesome if the gates were pitch black (maybe some new variation of naquadah) with yellow chevrons. Of course, without the chevrons glowing, a space gate would be hard to make out... if there are space gates in SGU, who knows.

Club Mats likes you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotep Ka Heru'ur View Post
            I think it would be awesome if the gates were pitch black (maybe some new variation of naquadah) with yellow chevrons. Of course, without the chevrons glowing, a space gate would be hard to make out... if there are space gates in SGU, who knows.
            nah... too much like bumble bees

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet - I figured there would be a lot of speculation. Maybe I'm just not in the right thread?

Stargate Solutions posted a link to an article with a possible spoiler for the Universe series. Here's the link, and the relevant quote.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07172/795812-237.stm

Wright and Cooper are at work on another spinoff, with the working title "Stargate: Universe." It concerns the ninth "chevron" -- the symbols on the Stargate used to dial an address to another world.

In the new show, now in preliminary stages, "we figure out what the ninth chevron is for, and it sends us somewhere very interesting," Wright says.

Will it send us there with anyone we've seen before?

"It'll be by and large a new cast, but whether or not a familiar face is in there is to be decided."
              Who might that familiar face be?
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Who might that familiar face be?
                Wow, that's VERY interesting. Thanks for posting that!

My guess for the "familiar face", one of the Ancients like Oma or Morgan Le Fay.

Comment

I hope it's either Colonel Dixon or Sarah Gardner...

Comment

I'm personally gonna keep my fingers crossed for Anubis. I found him to be one of the best baddies in Stargate SG-1 and though his ending in 'Threads' was fitting, it still felt rather... 'Meh'. Might give us an opportunity to learn about the 'many planes of existence between life and ascension' (as Jim/Anubis mentioned), as they try to find a way to kill him for good.

Of course, if Anubis is around, that would mean that Oma is too.

Comment

what if the 9th chevron does not take us to an alternate universe, but to an alternate plane of existence? what if we come face to face with those ******* ancients who refused to stop the ori?

heh heh heeeehhhh... payback time b1tches

Comment

Killdeer, that's very interesting. I just hope it isn't someone we know a lot about, like Daniel or something. Not that I wouldn't want to see Daniel again sometime in the new show, maybe as a guest character, but not on the full time cast. I think having an Ancient as part of the regular cast would be interesting, though only if they weren't ascended because that would give our side too much of an advantage. The Oma/Anubis idea is very interesting, but I just hope they don't make Anubis the main bad guy. I want someone new and original.

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.

Comment

Here's my personal thoughts on the matter. I think it's most likely to be a minor/guest character who becomes a main character, like Rodney did from SG-1 to Atlantis. Maybe someone like Dr Lee. My vote would be with Jenks, for Colonel Dixon or Sarah Gardner, since I loved both those characters (and the actors are top notch in my opinion), but really the field is wide open.

It's possible it could be an SG-1 member, but I HIGHLY doubt it will be either Daniel or Teal'c (or Jack of course), just because my impression is that those guys are moving on from Stargate and are focused on other things now. Carter is going to Atlantis for S4, and I expect her to stay there as long as that show lasts (which I hope is for a season or two beyond 4, but who knows). It would probably be only Vala or Mitchell, and, as much as I love Vala, I have a hard time imagining that one. Mitchell......that's possible. I could see him maybe leading a team of his own on this new project, whatever it is. I still think it's more likely to be a minor character, but who knows.

I doubt it will be any of our old villains, but that's just my opinion. I think they will come up with something new.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                          sigpic

Comment

It'd be interesting if it was Lorne. In that one SG-1 episode where Sam goes to an alternate reality Lorne was the leader of SG-1, I think it'd be sorta cool if he was the leader of the team in the new series. Then again, I'd miss him being on Atlantis.

Comment

does anyone know what year this new series will come out
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Barnzy View Post
                                does anyone know what year this new series will come out
                                There were rumours of it being early 2008, but I can't see that happening to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                                X