Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's the info from?

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
      I dont think we should have more on the Ancients, they already had a prominant role in both SG-1 and Atlantis. I want this series to be different
      Exactly. I must admit that I first thought the Ancients were pretty awesome when you just heard tiny bits about them. But now that we've heard so much about them and the Ori in the last couple seasons of SG-1 and Atlantis too, I dunno... For some reason, they're not as impressive to me anymore. I guess the cool-part lay in the fact that they were so mysterious.

Some new, really powerful alien race or the Furlings (finally ) would be cool.

The hard part would be thinking of a bad guy. SG1 and SGA have pretty much covered every kind of bad guy you could think of. Parasites(Goa'uld), religious fanatics(Ori), half ascended beings (Anubis), life sucking self healing ugly beings (wraith), self replicating machines (replicators), less advanced jerks (genii), etc. I mean, I just don't know what new kind of bad guy there could be?

Anyway, you've raised a very good point there... The only thing I can come up with at the top of my head right now are perhaps dimensional-shifting aliens. Maybe something like the Re'Tu? I always found those guys pretty interesting, so it would be cool if perhaps SGU explores a new universe full of them.

Or maybe, some kind of big, intergalactical enemy that the Allience of the Four Races had to fight against in the past to keep them from invading our galaxy.

Comment

anything new on this exciting series?
        The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

4 things i'd like to see:

1. Daniel and Jack involved in the pilot episode again, just like SG-1 and Atlantis

2. The Ancients as the main technologically advanced race possibly the villain for the first 3-4 seasons (that way we can finally have our revenge for thier lack of interference... and other reasons)

3. SG-1 style story-arcs (like seasons 1-8)... i believe that is what has made the series so memorable, strong solid storylines with phenomenal finales...

4. make it a military series like SG-1... the civilian run stuff seems too star trek-ish, what with their gray and red and yellow uniforms and clothing that is very disconnected from 21st century earth... that's another thing that's made SG-1 so good is that it is a scifi series that is very much grounded in the real world, present tense (as much as it can be)... i mean is it too much to ask to see someone on Atlantis wearing a t-shirt and jeans?
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
            i mean is it too much to ask to see someone on Atlantis wearing a t-shirt and jeans?
            Lol Yeah!! it's bad enough that there's not an awful lot of interesting stuff to do on atlantis and they can't even wear they're own clothes, unless they are native to pegasus galaxy apparently.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JmzBrm90 View Post
              Your ideas are good but it wouldnt be stargate if Stargate Universe was based on a ship, It would be more like a Star Trek type program. I suppose they could have a ship with a Stargate on it, So the characters live on the ship but still use the Stargate to explore. I personally think that nine chevrons mean gaining access to gate networks all over the universe as eight chevrons gains us access to another galaxies gate network. What do you think?
              Main point of what I wrote was that they do not stay on ship. Writers said that SGU will not be on alternate universe, but will be more seperate from Stargate SG1 or Atlantis that Atlantis was from SG1. Main idea was that they are somewhere in the universe where they find another, maybe more advanced, network of stargates buit by some kind misteriuos race. Gates can be built not only by ancients, because to build a gate you only need to be advanced in physics(this would e like when periodic chemical elements table was discovered about same time by to seperate scientists) and stargate is one of the best ways to travel through universe.

Comment

I wouldn't want another series based out of an SGC type place. Atlantis and SG1 are so similar.

Having the show based on a ship would be similar to Star Trek, but that seems like the next logical storyline in my opinion. I don't really know what else they could do.

Remember in the Atlantis episode The Siege (part 2) where Sheppard is explaining how the Ancients lost Pegasus Galaxy to the Wraith. The Ancients had colonized the entire Pegasus Galaxy and how the Wraith had slowly moved on their colonies and taken over.

I wonder if they could do something like that in SGU. The group of Ancients didn't ascend moved another galaxy and have established a society in that galaxy. They find a new enemy and the show (or several seasons) is a Dominion War type storyline.

Comment

I like the nomadic idea. I'd like to see a large cast that are often on the run.

Comment

WTF!!! I started this thread not darren!!!!!!

Hmm has this been consolidated with another thread.......

Still this is my thread
                    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 17 June 2007, 01:51 PM.
                    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Nobody owns a thread. Deal with it.

Comment

personally I am bored of ancients, I saw ancients on Sg1, I saw them on Atlantis, and I do not want to see them on Universe, thei are not interesting anymore. I want something totaly new.

Comment

No alternate universes then. I don't really know much about astronomy so if this is a stupid question I apologize, but I was wondering if an alternate universe is the same thing as a parallel dimension?

Ok, so if we aren't gonna be dealing with alternate universes, maybe you guys are right and it will just take us across our universe to a whole new galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                            WTF!!! I started this thread not darren!!!!!!

Hmm has this been consolidated with another thread.......

Still this is my thread
                            are you serious??
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

alternate universes are similar in concept to parallel dimensions... though not entirely the same

as for the ancients

i would love to finally see them as the enemy race on a series... so we can get some payback against those elitist b!7ch3s
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                              Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                              Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by JDB View Post
                                No alternate universes then. I don't really know much about astronomy so if this is a stupid question I apologize, but I was wondering if an alternate universe is the same thing as a parallel dimension?

Ok, so if we aren't gonna be dealing with alternate universes, maybe you guys are right and it will just take us across our universe to a whole new galaxy.
                                Nope, totally different, in Stargate there are 11 parallel dimensions that exist in our reality, but there are infinite alternate realities. The parallel dimensions are like when SG-1 are out of phase, they're shifted to another dimension, but alternate realities are what Carter was sent to in 'The Road Not Taken' and like what Daniel was sent to in 'There But For The Grace Of God'.

Comment

Working...
                                X