Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppose some group decided to grade all the channels based on inclusion of disabled people, or albinos, or whatever? Would everyone cave to keep these groups happy?
    Oh, I'm way off topic. Sorry, don't answer that.
    [edit]What I really mean is that if those groups want to get coverage on TV they can do it themselves rather than bully everyone else into giving them free publicity.
    "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
    Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
    Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
    Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
    Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

This.

I need this to make it onto the SGU DVDs.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
        Suppose some group decided to grade all the channels based on inclusion of disabled people, or albinos, or whatever? Would everyone cave to keep these groups happy?
        Oh, I'm way off topic. Sorry, don't answer that.
        [edit]What I really mean is that if those groups want to get coverage on TV they can do it themselves rather than bully everyone else into giving them free publicity.
        I understand their perspective but I agree more with your point.
        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
          This.

YES!
          From what I could see on Youtube, Elyse does that with her hair quite a lot. She and Ming-Na leaned in front of Brian a few times too.
          And here, I can't help but think that's one of those Ancienty bracelets
          [edit again] hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
          [and again]I wonder what they're all looking at now?
          Is this a fishing story?
          Elyse again and again and nice smile and Rob's smiling too and I think she's daydreaming here.
          Last edited by Eternal Density; 28 July 2009, 04:33 PM. Reason: I keep finding more Elyse pics
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

This.

That guy has a serious Elyse fixation.

Jelgate, why didn't you tell us you were at Comic Con?!

Comment

This.

You are most likely to be disappointed. I only know of one Comic Con panel that has made it onto Stargate DVD and that was Ark of Truth
              YES!
              From what I could see on Youtube, Elyse does that with her hair quite a lot.
              That is because Elyse is awesome. Almost as awesome as Ming
              She and Ming-Na leaned in front of Brian a few times too.
              Do you have to say that? Have you any idea what you have unleashed?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

I didn't want Pan to know I got a autograph from Brian J. Smith. If I told her what is on the sizzle reel with Scott she would severly hunt me down
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  http://www.tvguide.com/News/Syfy-GLA...a-1008493.aspx

Syfy's Message to GLAAD: A More Diverse Future Is Coming
                  July 28 2009

EXCREPT:

A GLAAD rep told TVGuide.com that Syfy's grade was based on the fact that there were only two gay characters appearing on the network's programming during the timetable of the study — Eureka's Vincent and Battlestar Galactica's Gaeta — and the latter's sexual orientation was never directly addressed on the show. Instead, it was only referred to in a webisode.

Looking ahead, however, Syfy's Stern touts two new series and the diversity depicted within.

"On Stargate Universe, one of the main female characters, we discover, is a lesbian and has a wife at home. It's a pretty important facet of who that character is," he says. ER alum Ming-Na plays intergalactic diplomat Camille Wray, while 24's Reiko Aylesworth recurs as her wife.

REST AT LINK ABOVE
                  Vincent is gay?
                  sigpic

Comment

Thankfully!

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    Do you have to say that? Have you any idea what you have unleashed?
                    Yes and yes.
                    I didn't want Pan to know I got a autograph from Brian J. Smith. If I told her what is on the sizzle reel with Scott she would severly hunt me down
                    Speaking of unleashing, it looks like I'm not the only one

Comment

Speaking of unleashing, it looks like I'm not the only one
                      The difference is I have a lot more experence when dealing with her.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

The difference is I have a lot more experence when dealing with her.
                        I never said I would help deal !

Comment

Well, second day back at work and no work completed. On the script front that is. Production has, however, started on Faith (Episode 13) and we have watched two of the three episodes that make up my Triuvirate of Terrificness, my Top 3 favorite episodes of the season. So far.

Yesterday, we watched the director’s cut of Divided (Episode #12). It’s tight! First-time Stargate Director Felix Alcala hits a home run, directing a riveting and incredibly compelling episode scripted by my fellow producer and writing partner Paul Mullie. Tense, thrilling, occasionally surprising, with some wonderful moments for all of our cast members.

Then today, we watched the Day 1 Mix of Life (Episode #8). Director Alex Chapple, another Stargate newbie, delivers big time with an episode that explores the hidden lives of our characters. Some incredibly warm and touching performances in this one. Of all the romances, potential and otherwise, the Camille-Sharon relationship is the one that resonates the strongest with me. Every time I watch this episode, I always get a little, uh, dust in my eye watching their scenes. Kudos to Carl Binder who wrote the brilliant script and kudos to Joel Goldsmith who continues his winning composedly ways with a truly beautiful score.

Oh, and if you’re wondering, the third episode in my personal Triumvirate of Terrificness is Time (Episode #9) – a Rob Cooper Joint. Freaky, fun, and very clever. More than any other episode (outside of our premiere of course), I anxiously await the fan reaction to this one.

Well, we’re past the halfway mark on season one and our cast continues to impress. Yes, yes, they’re supremely talented – I’ve said it on more than one occasion – and you’d think we’d get used to it by now but, every time we think they can’t get any better, they surprise us with a line interpretation, delivery, or scene that will have us (the producers) giddy with delight. And it’s not just two or three of them. This cast is solid straight through, from veteran Robert Carlyle to recurring actors like Peter Kelamis and Patrick Gilmore who have taken their characters from supportive roles to fully-fleshed out and engaging players.

I’d also like to make mention of one of our youngest actors, Elyse Levesque. The part of Chloe Armstrong was one of the last cast because, quite frankly, it’s a very tough role. This is a character with a significant emotional and intellectual depth beneath her privileged exterior and we needed to find someone who could pull it off with range and a certain amount of subtlety. And after watching the dailies of the two-part opener, Air I and Air II, I can honestly say I can’t imagine anyone better for the role.

Elyse consistently demonstrates the sort of talent that will make people take note – fans, critics, and producers alike. Her Chloe is smart, sympathetic and incredibly charming. Much like the actress herself.

As promised in yesterday’s comments section, I reveal to you the title to Episode #19. Those of you who guessed Subversion – guessed correctly.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...itle-revealed/
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

YES!
                            From what I could see on Youtube, Elyse does that with her hair quite a lot. She and Ming-Na leaned in front of Brian a few times too.
                            And here, I can't help but think that's one of those Ancienty bracelets
                            [edit again] hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
                            [and again]I wonder what they're all looking at now?
                            Is this a fishing story?
                            Elyse again and again and nice smile and Rob's smiling too and I think she's daydreaming here.

I was actually referring to Brian being silly not Elyse.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't know if this has been posted before but just in case...this is the song that featured in the trailer introduced at Comic Con - Gravity by Embassy

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                              K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Of course, how can Pan think about anything but Brian?. She did after all admit to being an impressional hormonial girl

Here is a nice one Pan. Brian and beautiful Ming and Elyse
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X