Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
    The only race that build gate netoworks are the ancients/ori
    Yes,NO other race apart from the Ancients/Alterans/Ori built Stargate with a network but other races have built other Stargate with their own designs.

Tolan+Gate+existing gate network= Super cool Stargate on Tolana.
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      The only race that build gate netoworks are the ancients/ori
      That we know of. For all we know, some other race saw the Ancients' gate network and went "Hey cool!" and made their own.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
        That we know of. For all we know, some other race saw the Ancients' gate network and went "Hey cool!" and made their own.
        or it is possible that an alien species just discovered how to make stargates independant of the ancients, they just happened to stumble upon the same facts of subspace and stuff. in which case those stargates could potentially be as different as ring transporters are from asgard beams
        Spoiler:
        Disclaimer:
        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
        Quotes!
        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
        sigpic

Comment

anyone hear any new information about the release dates or production dates?
          The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

I, for one, hated the title when it came out. I mean, Stargate: Universe? It sounds like a joke.

But now... not so much. Thinking about it now, as SG-1 in the US winds down (3 more to go) I think that "universe" might work.

What I'd like to see, especially with that name is something like... the whole universe really opens up. Like... I don't know how to explain it. It involves the 9th Chevron, we know that. So I'd like to see a complete exploration of the Stargate's actual capabilites, and perhaps some of the Ancient's past (but nothing set "way back when"). We all know it can go planet to planet, galaxy to galaxy, given the right conditions. Same with time travel and, apparently because of "Ripple Effect", alternate realities.

I'd like to see the Tollan again, and the Nox- characters and/or civilizations we've already been introduced to. Sure, some new ones would be fine, but bringing back some oldies would be nice too.

I don't like the idea of a ship-based show either. Like some one else said, it's StarGATE not StartSHIP, or any varation thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by xnitexmarex248 View Post
              I'd like to see the Tollan again, and the Nox- characters and/or civilizations we've already been introduced to. Sure, some new ones would be fine, but bringing back some oldies would be nice too.
              Yes I would love that too!!!
              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Remember at the beginning of Season 9 when Cam was interviewing people to join SG-1? There were two scientists talking about an android... you think there'll be an android character in SGU?

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice to have Data as part of an SG team? lol
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                    Wouldn't it be nice to have Data as part of an SG team? lol
                    That would be cool.. really..
                    Right now I was thinking and actually wrote in a fanfic of mine, a parallel universe General Teal'c in charge of Stargate Command.... we've never seen anything like that on tv I believe...
                    Last edited by scirev; 10 June 2007, 06:12 AM.
                    http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                    sigpic
                    My fics at my site
                    Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Grace aliens aswel.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                        Grace aliens aswel.
                        I almost forgot about them!
                        http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                        sigpic
                        My fics at my site
                        Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

I have a sneaking suspicion that the 9th chervon was designed to allow connections to other gate networks that weren't actually designed by the ancients.

It stands to reason that if the universe if actually as inifinte as the ancients believe then someone, or something out there besides the ancients must of built their own gate network. After all it is the seemly obvious choice for any civilization that has developed hyperspace travel.

In fact it is the next most logical step for any super advanced civilization.

And heres a thought, who said the ancients invented the original stargates, perhaps like the goauld they discovered them and copied the design. Now that would be interested, a civilization that is even older than the ancients.

I doubt the 9th chervon is linked to gateless travel since how would anyone on the other end travel back once they had stepped through onto a planet without a gate to dial back from.

And the idea of gatesliders is just GAY, I mean parallel realities, how boring is that. SGU encounters dinosaur civilization that ate the ancients when they arrived on Earth and stole their technology. Yeah thats a cool story line NOT.

-J

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279 View Post
                            And the idea of gatesliders is just GAY, I mean parallel realities, how boring is that. SGU encounters dinosaur civilization that ate the ancients when they arrived on Earth and stole their technology. Yeah thats a cool story line NOT.

-J
                            One man's meat is another's poison as they say.
                            Parallel reality stories can be done well in fiction eg the CrossTime Caper arc in the Excalibur Marvel comic books (that had a good amount of humour too but wasn't just a silly story).
                            An example from Stargate SG-1 was Ripple Effect. That was a good one too. My preference is for having character-based stories or themes as that can touch the viewer.
                            You've got an infinite amount of stories you can tell. But it works when there is an interconnection or overall destination which you eventually get to (not keep going on and on without getting there)... then eventually after some time on the main sg-earth (I call it earth-777 in my fics) you can have another arc.
                            Last edited by scirev; 11 June 2007, 02:16 AM.
                            sigpic
                            My fics at my site

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279 View Post

I doubt the 9th chervon is linked to gateless travel since how would anyone on the other end travel back once they had stepped through onto a planet without a gate to dial back from.

-J

Maybe the wormhole stays open long enough for them to complete their mission and then return back through it? Or maybe Stargate Command re-opens the wormhole at a pre-determined time?
                              Last edited by Liam Kincaid; 11 June 2007, 11:17 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

What do I want from the new series.......FURLINGS!
                                sigpic
                                Spoiler:
                                President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                                President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                                Forum Charmer
                                Forum Ambassador
                                Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Working...
                                X