Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy
    are you actually following people though
    Yes...but I get nothing
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      Yeah, I read that interview a little while ago. I did a double-take (sort of like Elyse) when I realized how the question was phrased. The whole "used to" cast strong females part. What an awful question to ask.
      Most definitely.

But also kind of understandable given how what was being said about this show a few months ago. Granted, to still be under that impression you'd have to be hiding under a rock given how much we're learnt both about the show and the characters since then, but it's still a little understandable.

Although, it's a pretty crappy way to phrase a question when talking to the show creators and cast. Especially considering that the guy had absolutely noway of knowing if the characters actually were or weren't "strong and intelligent".

Fans annoy me sometimes.

Levesque: I’m a huge True Blood fan. I just saw Anna Paquin and I shook her hand.

Huffman: You did?!

Levesque: I wanted to go up to them and I wanted to get them to sign — there were these swag bags with the True Blood first season DVD set in there — and I desperately wanted to go up to them and have them sign, and when I said that our publicist looked at me and said, “That’s lame.”

Huffman: Ming would have done it!
      That makes me love Ming-Na even more. I didn't think that would be possible.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
        Most definitely.

But also kind of understandable given how what was being said about this show a few months ago. Granted, to still be under that impression you'd have to be hiding under a rock given how much we're learnt both about the show and the characters since then, but it's still a little understandable.

Although, it's a pretty crappy way to phrase a question when talking to the show creators and cast. Especially considering that the guy had absolutely noway of knowing if the characters actually were or weren't "strong and intelligent".

Fans annoy me sometimes.
        Yeah. I mean, I'd be more forgiving of some questions to Brad and Rob, as they have been involved with the franchise for quite a long time. Still, that one definitely seemed to cross that line.

Lol, the whole Blast interview is really cool. I'm still finding great new SGU-related things from Comic Con today. Wraithfodder's LJ has links to a lot of things, which was really cool to see.

Just waiting on that panel video now
        Sig by Pandora's Box
        sigpic

Comment

Most definitely.

Fans annoy me sometimes.
          And yet fans are still doing that. I came across a Stagate 90210 comment earlier today. Anyway you think journalists care especially a magazine like care how to come across to the fanbase and actors. All they care about is getting the information regardless who they hurt. On the other side if SGU wants media attention the actors need to comply with the aggressive journalists.

I see to recall you being the one who steamheaded that Chloe, TJ, and Wray wouln't be strong females. Oh how the times have changed.
          But never forget I love her more
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah. I mean, I'd be more forgiving of some questions to Brad and Rob, as they have been involved with the franchise for quite a long time. Still, that one definitely seemed to cross that line.
            I think it was generally phrased poorly. If that guy had had any tact at all, he'd have asked it differently and still gotten the answer he'd wanted. But he wanted to be a jackass.

Lol, the whole Blast interview is really cool. I'm still finding great new SGU-related things from Comic Con today. Wraithfodder's LJ has links to a lot of things, which was really cool to see.
            Anything with Brian J.Smith or Louis Ferriera? For purely intellectual reasons, of course.

sigpic

Comment

Just waiting on that panel video now
              That will most likely not come out for US citizens until at least Monday maybe Tuesday. And then a day later the panels will find their way onto the less secure areas of the Internet
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I see to recall you being the one who steamheaded that Chloe, TJ, and Wray wouln't be strong females. Oh how the times have changed.
                Sure, but I never said they wouldn't be, I said that I hoped they would be strong but everything we'd heard so far (which at the time wasn't much) was leading me to believe that they may not be.

And I'm still not convinced either way. I have only the past precedent of the writers to go on and what happened to the female characters in SGA does not leave me hopeful or optimistic.

However, what I've heard to far (and seen to an extent) leads me to believe that the theory behind these female characters would have them be strong and intelligent.

I hope the writers do them justice.
                sigpic

Comment

Sure, but I never said they wouldn't be, I said that I hoped they would be strong but everything we'd heard so far (which at the time wasn't much) was leading me to believe that they may not be.

And I'm still not convinced either way. I have only the past precedent of the writers to go on and what happened to the female characters in SGA does not leave me hopeful or optimistic.

However, what I've heard to far (and seen to an extent) leads me to believe that the theory behind these female characters would have them be strong and intelligent.

I hope the writers do them justice.
                  Don't these paragraphs contradict each other?
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Don't these paragraphs contradict each other?
                    No, because it's one thing to create the basic archetype of a strong, intelligent woman and say that you're character will be like that, but it's another thing altogether to consistently write her as such.

I mean, take Weir and Teyla for example (and to an extent Keller). If all you'd heard about Weir was that she was the leader of the Atlantis Expedition, in charge of basically everything and that she's had a successful career as a...whatever she was doing prior...then you'd think, "Great!". Same goes for Teyla; leader of her people, strong warrior, calm personality able to keep the peace, reasonable voice amongst people prone to hysterics or gunfighting, and she sounded pretty fantastic as well.

But the execution? Wonky. At least after season one it was anyway.
                    sigpic

Comment

Looks like the peoples over at Getty Images got Alaina's name totally wrong, but anyhow, Alaina and Elyse (for those who can't be bothered to search through all those pics of various people)
                      and Ming-na
                      (Seems that SGU is very far from the focus of these pics as I counted 15 of Scarlett Johansson including one of just her shoes. seriously...)
                      I eventually found one of Robert Carlyle. Took a while because my brain isn't configured to see guys.
                      And just out of interest, Amanda Tapping and Morena Baccarin

Oh, in that Blast interview, Elyse says.
                      Like, words-you’re-saying-words, and they’re already on the Internet. People are finishing your thoughts for you somewhere online.
                      I think she has a really good point. I hope she sees the humour of saying that in an interview which is now already on the internet and now we're finishing her thoughts for her...
                      Last edited by Eternal Density; 26 July 2009, 03:29 PM.
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Good finds! And seriously...Irena Hoffman? I mean, man...At least it rhymes I guess
                        Sig by Pandora's Box
                        sigpic

Comment

But never forget I love her more
                          lol waiting for a "yeah? Well I love her more than both of you put together times 2 so THERE!" response.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            lol waiting for a "yeah? Well I love her more than both of you put together times 2 so THERE!" response.
                            That would have probably came from PG15 if you hadn't said anything
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

That would have probably came from PG15 if you hadn't said anything
                              Now he'll have to come up with something better,

Also...*faint*

Spoiler:
                              Sig by Pandora's Box
                              sigpic

Comment

Knowing PG15 I have no doubt that will happen

Curse you Conorach. I try to fight my Chloe/Elyse addiction and you just feed. I should just stop fighting Also Alaina doesn't look bad either.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X