Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate in the very distant future (10000 years or more)
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      Stargate in the very distant future (10000 years or more)
      gave me an idea.
      how about a group of people from Earth gets stuck in a time dilation field or something for 10,000 years.
      they then go back and find out Earth is a barren lifeless world, so they move on and then meet a primitive race that tells them the tauri were once a legendary powerful race that has been extinct for 2000 years (kinda like the ancients in pegasus).
      they then find themselves chased by the enemy that destroyed Earth and they encounter all sorts of technology and stuff left behind by the tauri.

Comment

I'd get Monty Python to be the executive producer and redo Monty Python and the Holy Grail with adventures through the Stargate...

Or...

Maybe not...

I'd hire Rick Steves to go through the Stargate.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
          I'd get Monty Python to be the executive producer and redo Monty Python and the Holy Grail with adventures through the Stargate...
          you know monty python is not a real person right?

i'm thinking though, i would quite like to see a stargate series set outside of the gate network, possibly in a galaxy that the ancients never visited, it would give the opportunity for more diverse alien cultures not related at all the humans which we have seen many times. we already have ships that can go between galaxies in weeks. maybe if we build BC-305's that are massive, very fast, and powerfull, something like that would be able to go and explore without worrying about needing to be too close to home.
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Hello, I have read some of this thread and it is quite interesting. AS for SGU being seperate from the SG1 and Atlantis, while being same time on same reality, I have an idea. As for now nobody know what is black holes for real. There is a theory, that lack holes is a portal to wormholes which can transport you around whole universe or whatever, when you enter it. So in Stargate Universe it can be this way. A deadalus class ship with crew by accident are pulled into a black hole and then spit out trough white hole somewhere on the universe. There they find some cool technology, new races and new super powerful enemies. I hope I am right predicting this.

Comment

Originally posted by spritex View Post
              Hello, I have read some of this thread and it is quite interesting. AS for SGU being seperate from the SG1 and Atlantis, while being same time on same reality, I have an idea. As for now nobody know what is black holes for real. There is a theory, that lack holes is a portal to wormholes which can transport you around whole universe or whatever, when you enter it. So in Stargate Universe it can be this way. A deadalus class ship with crew by accident are pulled into a black hole and then spit out trough white hole somewhere on the universe. There they find some cool technology, new races and new super powerful enemies. I hope I am right predicting this.

There will have to be gate network where ever the show is based
              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                why would the ancients build the quantum mirror if the stargates could already go to alternate dimensions?
                and dont say why would they build the time travel puddle jumper if the gates could already send you through time, because everyone knows that they could never perfect the gates time travel abilities.
                and dont say that maybe they built the quantum mirror because the gates weren't very good with going to alternate dimensions because why would us humans use the gate when we still have the quantum mirror,

besides i dont see much use in going to alternate dimensions.

i think actually the 9th chevron allows the creation of "untethered" wormhole event horizons, so we could make a wormhole go anywhere in the entire 'universe' regardless of if there is a gate there or not. maybe there is some thing where the wormhole re opens with inverted matter flow x amount of hours, lets say 24 for arguments sake, after the original wormhole is opened. how does that sound

I think that you are right about the 9th Chevron allowing you to establish a wormhole anywhere, without there needing to be a Stargate on the other side. The title Stargate Universe would make sense then. With standard Gate travel you can only explore worlds that are already part of the Gate network, but with the 9th Chevron you can explore the entire universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                  There will have to be gate network where ever the show is based
                  So where do you see a problem here? There always can be some cool ancient race, which was destroyed and left all their technology behind.

Comment

and they spend the entire series trying to get home and making the ship faster etc? sounds a bit like voyager to me. but we have already seen countless blackholes in stargate, and that effect has never even been hinted on. black holes in the series do what they should, rip things to bits with gravitational tides before spaghettification, and causing time dilation too, see matter of time and new order pt1
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

SGU is going to be about a joint Soviet and N.I.D. program. Just kidding, hell if I know, I just can't wait to see it.

Comment

So where do you see a problem here? There always can be some cool ancient race, which was destroyed and left all their technology behind.
                        The only race that build gate netoworks are the ancients/ori
                        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Maybe a stupid idea, but the Stargate : Universe will be connected to the Asgard's legacy? If you look at the Asgard power core, the hologram room, you can see that the designers made a quite unique look. It is very different from the Ancient design in Atlantis, so I thought that this sets was made already for the third series. They made a similar thing with the Ancient chair and drone in The Lost City and they began the spin-off. So maybe the Asgard technologies are the third series's messengers.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Clinux View Post
                            SGU is going to be about a joint Soviet and N.I.D. program. Just kidding, hell if I know, I just can't wait to see it.
                            There are no Soviets left. Neither in our universe nor the Stargate Universe. In both realities the Russians are working with the US now.

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                              i know noone actually said it, but i always sort of felt that they may have built it, and if they didn't they probably could have built something similar if they wanted to. and i'm pretty sure that if the ancients did build something similar it would work in the same sort of way, and the way a stargate works bares no resemblance to the way the quantum mirror works. but to be fair the number of permutations of dialing 8 symbols on the stargate, without doubling chevrons and using the point of origin as the 9th symbol, numbers around 1,971,788,797,440 which i guess is enough to send you to a certain number of universes, but it is far from infinate. the analogue control of the quantum mirror was a much more effective way of going to an infinite number of universes.
                              IIRC, the ancient communication stones came from the same planet the quantum mirror came from, meaning that 1, the race who lived there collected all of this, or the Ancients built all of that.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Zed.P.M. View Post
                                Maybe the series will take place somewhere even farther out in the Universe; millions if not billions of light years away from the Milky Way and Pegasus.
                                That is a possibility...
                                If i remember that one episode with selmak where sg-1 go very very very far away from the milky way/earth.
                                sigpic
                                i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Working...
                                X