Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    2. Speaking of the wife, I am almost certain now that she takes control of Tamara's body and then talks to/kisses Young. The scene of Tamara talking in the trailer seemed like she wasn't herself (which is kind of illogical since we don't yet know what "herself" is like but...well, gut feelings on my part).
    Spoiler:
    That was my first thought. It looks like she's in the same room as the scene with her and Young. Then again, it lookks like it could be from the same scene as Wray when she says "unless you were protecting someone"
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      What gave you that idea?
      Reality!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Great quality captures are up on GW of the trailer.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/thu....php?album=738
        sigpic

Comment

What gave you that idea?
          Well if your list is:

1. Chloe
          2. Wray
          3. Tamara

then that's backwards
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
            When was it portrayed like that? Oh, you mean in The Last Man?
            Yeah. Too bad they couldn't keep that goodness in S5. *goes to ranting corner*

Of course. And that's where things usually fall apart.
            Call me an optimist but I am hoping that SGU has learned mistakes. We all know Stargate has had serious problems with properly developing ships in the past. I'm optimistic that TPTB will know a ship is slow and gradual. Of couse you idea is probably more likely. Yours has more experence
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
              You know, I have just watched the Comic Con trailer a few more times and I still can't get over this show...That trailer continues to give me goosebumps, especially with that first score we hear when they beam down to the planet.
              Yeah that music was amazing!! Still I was defending frantic and phiosophical forever and was super psyched for SGU while no one else was. Now, Everyone else has goosebumps and is psyched by this trailer except me who was just like ... Cool. Total poop timing. Like my hype for SGU which lasted for 9 months fell away 2 days before the trailer. Poopy timing.
              sigpic

Comment

I completely agree with you, don't get me wrong. I too am sick of the "fated", Romeo and Juliet style stuff along with the will-they-or-won't-they dynamic that just resets from one episode to the next.

I'd love to see a realistic relationship, one that is actually development properly over many episodes/seasons with a clear beginning, middle, and eventually an end that makes sense, but also isn't happily ever after. 'Cause I'm hard pressed to imagine that anything can really be happily ever after when you're stranded in space light years from home with no way to get back and the chances of dying from one day to the next are astronomical.

And if that means portraying a relationship between two people who are clearly drawn towards each other and yet aren't completely certain about each other, I'd be willing to watch that.
                I think I agree.

With romances, I too like the development to be slow and steady; however, I have no qualms with two people jumping into bed right away because I separate lust from love. It's so easy to be sexual attracted to the hot girl (or guy, whatever your preference) nearby, but it's much harder to build up that strong bond that indicates love. It's kind of cliche, but having two people trying to figure out their feelings for each other while at the same time adding in a bit of corny fluff would be ideal for me. It'd be adorable seeing them make stupid statements around each other, or revealing their true feelings accidentally.

I guess I'm just a romantic at heart.

Oh, and Greer/Chloe.

Everything you said, sign me up for.

Spoiler:
                I can see myself really rooting for Young and I predict that the dynamic between him and Rush will be one that will seriously interest me once the premiere airs. Hell, I'm already interested and all I really know so far is that Rush is the one who stranded them out there and Young looks to be the one leading the effort to get back home.

Also, the line by Wray near the end of the second trailer intrigues me. She says, "A lot of people are behind this."

Behind what? Stranding them out there? Was it not an accident then? Was it planned? By whom?

Or am I just reading too much into that and she's referring to something else entirely?

In reference to Scott crying, I paused the trailer on that clip and he seems to be wearing a blue polo shirt in that scene. Maybe it's because of something that happened before he got sent out. Maybe someone died? His girlfriend, maybe?
                Spoiler:
                The Young and Rush thing will be doubly interesting to me, since I expect Young to be the person I admire, and Rush to be the person I already am, to a degree. The fact that I can't side with either side is just plain awesome.

"A lot of people are behind..." a mutiny? A plan they concocted to get home that is extremely dangerous? Hmmm...

I wonder if the Scott thing has anything to do with that Ancient Communications device, because when you use it, as the show presents it, you end up in the other person's clothing (i.e. Danny and Vala in Avalon/Origin).

Comment

Great quality captures are up on GW of the trailer.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/thu....php?album=738
                  I don't think we've ever seen a shot of a Gua'uld ship that close from that angle before have we?

Comment

Call me an optimist but I am hoping that SGU has learned mistakes. We all know Stargate has had serious problems with properly developing ships in the past. I'm optimistic that TPTB will know a ship is slow and gradual. Of couse you idea is probably more likely. Yours has more experence
                    I'm going to hope your optimism is not completely unfounded.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    With romances, I too like the development to be slow and steady; however, I have no qualms with two people jumping into bed right away because I separate lust from love. It's so easy to be sexual attracted to the hot girl (or guy, whatever your preference) nearby, but it's much harder to build up that strong bond that indicates love. It's kind of cliche, but having two people trying to figure out their feelings for each other while at the same time adding in a bit of corny fluff would be ideal for me. It'd be adorable seeing them make stupid statements around each other, or revealing their true feelings accidentally.
                    I completely agree and I don't think two people turning to each other for comfort and intimacy in such desperate and hard times is unheard of or even unexpected. Without sounding weird, I'll say that sex is life affirming in a way for people in such a situation. Or rather the intimacy is.

And then when all that has worn off, it'd be great to see how their feelings develop or even if they do develop to anything more. Sometimes sex is just sex.

I guess I'm just a romantic at heart.

Oh, and Greer/Chloe.
                    I think I win.

Spoiler:
                    The Young and Rush thing will be doubly interesting to me, since I expect Young to be the person I admire, and Rush to be the person I already am, to a degree. The fact that I can't side with either side is just plain awesome.

"A lot of people are behind..." a mutiny? A plan they concocted to get home that is extremely dangerous? Hmmm...

I wonder if the Scott thing has anything to do with that Ancient Communications device, because when you use it, as the show presents it, you end up in the other person's clothing (i.e. Danny and Vala in Avalon/Origin).
                    I'm definitely with you there.
                    Spoiler:

Rush is shaping up to be the guy that I can intellectually understand and sympathise with, and yet still be unable to completely root for. SO MUCH GREAT CRAZINESS!

Hmmm...a mutiny? That could be interesting. Against Rush? He has that much power? But who else would know how to operate the ship or the gate?

I'm already getting sick of the Ancient device. I had to say it. So much of what's happening is being explained with that thing. GAH!
                    sigpic

Comment

Update:

I wanted to work on the script – really, I did – but as fired up as I was yesterday, I was stone cold frozen today. The words just wouldn’t come and, after a half an hour of futile spinning, I decided redirect my attention elsewhere and pick things up tomorrow. I only have a few short scenes to write and I’ll have completed Act II – well on schedule. Of course, once we get into the third, that’s when the fun starts. And by fun, I mean heavy research. I have a stack of enormous tomes stacked up by my laptop, just waiting to be read.

To those of you asking SGU-related questions pertaining to technical issues or backstory elements (ie. Hey, if the ship was launched that long ago, how come it never ran out of power?), I can do one of two things: I can either publish the scripts or leave you to tune in and discover the answers along with everyone else.

I lean toward the latter.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...e-icarus-base/

Go to the above link for a few photos of the battlements of Icarus Base!

Comment

I completely agree and I don't think two people turning to each other for comfort and intimacy in such desperate and hard times is unheard of or even unexpected. Without sounding weird, I'll say that sex is life affirming in a way for people in such a situation. Or rather the intimacy is.
                        Absolutely. I completely agree.

Sex aside, I think I'll be happy with just two people sitting together. When you're on the other side of the Universe, I'd imagine human contact to be very important. Two people, sitting side by side, just so they can feel the presence of others of their kind...it would be one of those small details that I would love to see.

My God, I need to get a job at Bridge. Forget watching this series, writing it is where the fun will be!

I think I win.
                        Should've seen that coming.

I'm definitely with you there.
                        Spoiler:

Rush is shaping up to be the guy that I can intellectually understand and sympathise with, and yet still be unable to completely root for. SO MUCH GREAT CRAZINESS!

Hmmm...a mutiny? That could be interesting. Against Rush? He has that much power? But who else would know how to operate the ship or the gate?

I'm already getting sick of the Ancient device. I had to say it. So much of what's happening is being explained with that thing. GAH!
                        Spoiler:

GREAT CRAZINESS IS GREAT AND CRAZY.

Did you see who Wray was talking to? I couldn't make him out. That'd be a clue as to what's going on, I suspect.

I'm loving the Ancient device! It's providing so many possibilities for stuff. Hey, I could be wrong and that was a flashback to what Scotty was doing before the mission, who knows?

Comment

I'm going to hope your optimism is not completely unfounded.
                          Knowing you, you have cyncism that will crash and burn like previous Stargate ships

And then when all that has worn off, it'd be great to see how their feelings develop or even if they do develop to anything more. Sometimes sex is just sex.
                          I believe I said something simliar. It makes sense for two people in pain like this to come next. Be it just comfort or sexual.

If their is no feelings and just sex I wouldn't leave that going for too long. It would get boring after awhile

I think I win.
                          But did you really? A win without a prize is a hollow victory. And becuase I have been a little cruel to Lahela today, I present this pic courtesy of GW.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...hp?pos=-256321
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=738&pos=120
                            It's beautiful.
                            Not every day that you get to see an orangish space cloud thing.

Oh, is that supposed to be the Ancient equivalent of a park bench? Doesn't look so comfortable.
                            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

But did you really? A win without a prize is a hollow victory. And becuase I have been a little cruel to Lahela today, I present this pic courtesy of GW.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...hp?pos=-256321
                              And I present this 'shop courtesy of me:

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=738&pos=120
                              It's beautiful.
                              Not every day that you get to see an orangish space cloud thing.

Oh, is that supposed to be the Ancient equivalent of a park bench? Doesn't look so comfortable.
                              I think it's been confirmed as canon that the Ancients don't make any comfortable things. Ever.

Comment

Well, so long as we're gifting people with....gifts...

GIFTS!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X