Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    Just use of of those light bulbs that can change color by itself! duh!
    Oh yeah...we just need to use lightblubs that change colors on their own.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
      This is a great idea. I hope they put those in to begin with
      If they don't I volunteer you to change the gate's lightbulbs!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
        Sure. I'd just rather not see them.

Why? Because it's easy to have smarty-pants Daniel come in and tell everyone what needs to be known for the premiere. It's easy to have Jack come in and be all wise-cracking and humourous, funny and kind of charming. It's easy to pull in viewers with familiar faces and familiar jokes and set ups.

It's not easy to create and rely on new characters that no one has any vested interest in to provide some of those same things in the new series. It's not easy to make people care or at least be intrigued with these new characters and new plots right off the bat. But doing it and doing it well is what will carry the series forward and allow it to be truly successful. Why? Because it'll have a strong foundation to stand on once it becomes impossible to rely on the familiar crutch of stunt-casting.
        Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
        "Why not" just doesn't seem a good enough reason to do something to me.

Why not have Teal'c make an appearance then? Why not McKay? He's just as much of a genius as Sam. Why not Landry? He's commander of the SGC after all.

Or there could be none of them and instead the show can focus on it's new cast. There's a revolutionary idea.
        Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Let me answer that question with a question. Why have them in the first place? Are they really nesscarry to the story or they just stunt casts?
        I'm sure that most of the show will focus on the new cast, but as part of the story seems to be their contact back with Earth via the communication device, and Earth's - particularly Col. Telford's - attempts to help them get back, it makes sense that certain characters would be involved in that, and they just happen to be major SG-1 characters.
        It wouldn't make sense to come up with new characters back on Earth to perform those roles - to new viewers it might not make much difference, but it would be inconsistent with the rest of the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
          I'm sure that most of the show will focus on the new cast, but as part of the story seems to be their contact back with Earth via the communication device, and Earth's - particularly Col. Telford's - attempts to help them get back, it makes sense that certain characters would be involved in that, and they just happen to be major SG-1 characters.
          It wouldn't make sense to come up with new characters back on Earth to perform those roles - to new viewers it might not make much difference, but it would be inconsistent with the rest of the franchise.
          Well said, thank you!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            Well said, thank you!
            Yes was very well said i Agree totally
            Made by the wonderful Lahela

Comment

You know something that is interesting. I just noticed that the same day Stargate Universe has their panel at Comic Con, there is going to be a panel for the MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic. Wow, there is gonna be A LOT of info coming out from Friday I am looking forward to.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion Antreas View Post
                You know something that is interesting. I just noticed that the same day Stargate Universe has their panel at Comic Con, there is going to be a panel for the MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic. Wow, there is gonna be A LOT of info coming out from Friday I am looking forward to.
                Hahaha good-luck procesesing it all

Comment

Looking at the cast and characters on the main MGM site and I gotta say, I do love Johansen's and Scott's jacket.

I would love to get one with the lieutenant rank but without the patches on it, interesting trousers.

Do we know if SGU is based a few years after the events of SGA or what?

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                    Looking at the cast and characters on the main MGM site and I gotta say, I do love Johansen's and Scott's jacket.

I would love to get one with the lieutenant rank but without the patches on it, interesting trousers.

Do we know if SGU is based a few years after the events of SGA or what?
                    Joe had a timeline on his blog. Off the top of my head, I think he said like...weeks after Enemy at the Gate? Not sure
                    Sig by Pandora's Box
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
                      Joe had a timeline on his blog. Off the top of my head, I think he said like...weeks after Enemy at the Gate? Not sure
                      Hmm so gald its not going to be like it started back half through SGA lol that would be annoying

Comment

^That would be extremely annoying if they did.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                          ^That would be extremely annoying.
                          Lol is that you agreeing with me ? or am i reading it wrong

Comment

yeah..imagine if Atlantis had some info on the destiny
                            WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
                            Germany Chiefed Poland.
                            England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
                            England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
                            France got Chiefed.
                            Japan decided to scout America.
                            America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
                            America cut Japan to 90 pop.
                            Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
                            USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
                            Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
                            Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
                            USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
                            Hitler deleted his account...
                            USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

wait wait wait...the destiny is light years from earth and Atlantis has the wormhole drive can't atlantis help the Destiny?
                              WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
                              Germany Chiefed Poland.
                              England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
                              England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
                              France got Chiefed.
                              Japan decided to scout America.
                              America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
                              America cut Japan to 90 pop.
                              Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
                              USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
                              Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
                              Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
                              USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
                              Hitler deleted his account...
                              USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

Originally posted by SGU Scotsman View Post
                                Lol is that you agreeing with me ? or am i reading it wrong
                                Oh I agree with ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X