Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to know about the Furlings properly - you don't just introduce something as important as the 4 great races and go into full detail about 2, have satisfactory detail about 1 but have a tiny bit and a joke version about the 4th.

My aim for SGU is the Furlings
    sigpic
    Spoiler:
    President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
    President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
    Forum Charmer
    Forum Ambassador
    Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
    VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

The Ancient's heard of the Furling's plight, the Furling's sought refuge after losing a war to their enemy from their home galaxy, so chose to hide them in a gate address only one gate could ever get to... a gate in it's own seperated network the Furlings could hide the last of their culture in?

something like that might work, but i don't know if they ever wanna do the Furlings period?
      The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

It's early morning and I'm half asleep, therefor, I don't have the patience or inclination to read through 22 pages. That being said, I'm just going to throw out an idea I've been speculating. It may have already been mentioned numerous times in this thread, but I have to state my own peice.

Perhaps the ninth chevron connects parallel universes? With a title like Stargate Universe, it could mean many things, but this could be plausible. After all, we know that a device was created to travel to other universes... so why not use the stargate to do so as well? Who knows? That'd be a bit too much like quantum leap for me, but whatever. It could get very interesting.

I also like the idea of the furlings playing a predominant role in the new series (obviously, or else I wouldn't have this screen name). I don't remember who said it in one of the dozen or so posts I perused in this thread, but I also like the idea of the Furlings being hidden by the ancients and only accessible through use of the ninth chevron, which requires some hidden element or a power source yet unknown to mankind (perhaps something even more powerful than a ZPM? Antimatter, perhaps? Sorry...been reading too much Dan Brown).

I can't wait until TPTB reveal more about the series' premise *hintFREAKINhint*. A little more than "Relies heavily on the stargate and will feature the ninth chevron" would be greatly appreciated. :-D

With that being said, I will once again return to lurk status (jeez, I seem to be delurking more and more lately...).
        "Furlings -- they sound cute, like Ewoks!" - Citizen Joe

Comment

Originally posted by FurlingsAreMyFriends View Post
          I also like the idea of the furlings playing a predominant role in the new series (obviously, or else I wouldn't have this screen name). I don't remember who said it in one of the dozen or so posts I perused in this thread, but I also like the idea of the Furlings being hidden by the ancients and only accessible through use of the ninth chevron, which requires some hidden element or a power source yet unknown to mankind (perhaps something even more powerful than a ZPM? Antimatter, perhaps? Sorry...been reading too much Dan Brown).
          That's ok, Angels and Demons was exponentially better than the other one (that shalt not be named) anyways.

I can't wait until TPTB reveal more about the series' premise *hintFREAKINhint*. A little more than "Relies heavily on the stargate and will feature the ninth chevron" would be greatly appreciated. :-D
          Yeah, it's kinda amusing that this 12 page thread was built on only those words.

With that being said, I will once again return to lurk status (jeez, I seem to be delurking more and more lately...).
          Come, Delurk, join in the fun. The more voices (datastream sources) the better!

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
          Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Me, I'd like to see Sarah Gardner (the former host of Osiris) and/or Jonas again, although I don't see a place for an Egyptologist in the new series, I mean after Earth having defeated the Goa'uld. Anyway, she is an interesting (and beautiful) character, so I wouldn't mind seeing her in the next series.

Jonas, however... I'm sure a lot of people talked about the Jonas-in-Universe concept in this topic so I won't go into it. And the Foothold aliens were a bit creepy, sure, bring them on!
            Last edited by Vespasianus; 02 May 2007, 07:21 AM. Reason: mispelling
            sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

I was thinking i know its too early to say but if there will be any sg1 cast in it
              sigpic
              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
              Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                I was thinking i know its too early to say but if there will be any sg1 cast in it
                Not unless it's a guest star. Universe is supposed to be a completely separate entity to Sg-1 etc.

Bring on the Furlings
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                Forum Charmer
                Forum Ambassador
                Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                  Damn I thought this was a serious thread. Good joke however, would have been great on April 1st.
                  Why should jokes be limited to only April Fools Day?
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    Ra or Apophis could have taken down Xerxes in a second. Xerxes was a primitive that just happened to be 8ft. tall, with a deep voice.
                    only in the movie/comic book (,dont give me your 'graphic novel' bull, not directly aimed at you but anyone who makes a big thing of it) in real life xerxes was probably a fairly normal dude, but a bit good at the fighting or/and strategy,

just to point out the inacuracies of 300, xerxes lost 2 brothers in that battle, that probably annoyed him a bit, but nothing was said. and leonides died way (well, a few hours anyway) before the 'last stand'. thats just what i remember from history, might be a few more at least.

not to say the film wasn't good, it was. just hope you dont watch it and think thats what actually happened
                    sigpic
                    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                    -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                      Why should jokes be limited to only April Fools Day?
                      They shouldn't. They're great any time of the year. Nice one too.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General View Post
                        An unlike Ra's host, at least Xerxes' "host" is more masculine and not androgynous. hahahaha
                        Masculine my ass. Not androgynous, yes. Masculine? No.

The director has, in an interview, confessed to "using homosexuality" (see: Xerxes, his close-to-transsexual queenism + all the promotional art of him fondling what's-his-name) to "scare young male viewers".

Comment

Xerxes likes to scissor.

Comment

Exactly the furlingser (?) it is the better

I hope we get something about the history of the nox too...like a sect of them that broke away or something like that cos I doubt that all of them are super enlightened passivists
                            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Most likely they were - but I don't like that storyline - we already have it with the Ancients and it will just be reusing old material.
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

I'd love to see more about the furlings. There's been so much speculation that it'd be nice to have some sort of closure...and then opening on that race/storyline.

Some people say it would ruin the whole mystery of the furlings to actually reveal them, but I believe that it's this whole unexplored world (metaphorically speaking) that could bring about great things, and a third amazing stargate series.

Furlings, furlings, furlings!
                                "Furlings -- they sound cute, like Ewoks!" - Citizen Joe

Comment

Working...
                                X