Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
    Yeah thats would be nice freshen things up a abit.....Maybe a station built by the ancients a really really really big one....or even one built by the furlings
    Now there's a possibility....I hear Deep Space Nine is available

Comment

It's going to take place in the present time and be about using the 9th chevron. Wouldn't be better if they do something original with that and not make a mundane knock-off of a bad show like Babylon 5?

Comment

Ra or Apophis could have taken down Xerxes in a second. Xerxes was a primitive that just happened to be 8ft. tall, with a deep voice.
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

i was totally thinking that aswel, also the bit at the beginning with the mutant freaks the guys eyes glow and he laughs ominously lol

Comment

I want a new Galaxy and the Furlings - They do that and I'll be happy
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Guy View Post
              Now there's a possibility....I hear Deep Space Nine is available
              LOL but this would be a totally different concept in DS9 i don't recall much about them exploring the station to find dangerous and strange new technologies also as not to just have another Atlantis the station would have to have 2 way gate travel with earth at least for most of the time but I think that goes for whatever concept they are going to have for the show we can't just have a new atlantis like

Also the more I think about the title the more I think that this is going to be based out of earth and will perhaps explain the ninth chevron in a fashion similar to that of how SG-1 explained the eight....and perhaps the furlings like how they explained the Asgard (that is having an occasional episode about them/it and instead the show just been about gate travel perhaps just within our own galaxy
              I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by lorealmighty View Post
                It's going to take place in the present time and be about using the 9th chevron. Wouldn't be better if they do something original with that and not make a mundane knock-off of a bad show like Babylon 5?
                It's not about the story itself. I don't want to see a space stationor anything else that has been done to death - Babylon 5 just had a unique way of Storytelling, making the show similar to a good novel. It was all planned out, so you could always look forward to the next episode and the mysteries that were going to be solved.

Comment

Babylon 5 was a cheesy show with terrible acting. I'd hate them to make the show like that! I want them to make it in the style of Stargate, not those bad space operas from the 90's....

Comment

Lets hope Stargate remains like the Stargate we know and Love. I personnally don't want it to be like any other show, I want it to remain like the Stargate Universe has been. Luckly Universe seems to be alot more connected to the Stargate itself with all this talk on the 9th Chevron rather then ships like both Atlantis and SG-1 Started concentraighting on recently.
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    Forum Charmer
                    Forum Ambassador
                    Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                      What kinda show do you think Universe will turn out to be?
                      Not just good or bad but will they use the normal stargate formula that is whole new gate system explored by a team composed of a rough but loveable military type, alien (or two), and a scientist exploring the gate system having a series of adventures making many enemies

Personally I think they should mix it up a bit try using elements of battlestar and lost.......that is the idea of having mysteries and not really knowing whats going on.....and perhaps taking its self a bit more seriously like battlestar does and more sinister enemies like the wraith are good but at the moment they are a bit 2 dimensional (its just all food food food like)

I mean I love atlantis and SG-1 but I think for this show they should change it around use the ninth chevron to start a whole new show with entirely new enemies,technologies and concepts but still stay true to the gate

Also I fear if they don't change it up then viewers will drop (and then the helpful bear....he will die!!)
                      I amb agree with you, but I would like that in the new series keeps an archaeologist member or perhaps a new archaeology team.

I like the idea that the new Stargate team go to a new galaxy and also I would like to see the Furlings and the vallains inspired in another ancient culture or ethnic culture.

I think it is interesting the idea of a 9th chevron... The idea about the new Stargate team lost in space I like but I prefer that sometimes has some kind of contact with Earth...

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                        Lets hope Stargate remains like the Stargate we know and Love. I personnally don't want it to be like any other show, I want it to remain like the Stargate Universe has been. Luckly Universe seems to be alot more connected to the Stargate itself with all this talk on the 9th Chevron rather then ships like both Atlantis and SG-1 Started concentraighting on recently.
                        Yeah that would be great but I don't want remakes of SG-1 episodes too like at times I see with atlantis (only slightly though) the show will have to have its own hook which makes it unique

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                          I just want to say how much I'm looking forward to Stargate: Universe! Any series that'll continue the Stargate franchise I'll gladly welcome with open arms. There's so much to look forward to learning about:

1) How the use of the Ninth Cevron is discovered and what it allows a Stargate to do;

2) Who the characters are and the names of the actors playing them;

3) What the theme music will be like;

4) What connections Universe will have with SG-1 and Atlantis;

5) Who the villains will be;

6) Where Universe will be based;

7) If any characters from SG-1 or Atlantis will be present in the pilot episode.

What I've listed is probably only the tip of the iceberg where Universe is concerened. I'm sure there's going to be even more to learn and I look forward to the days, weeks, and months ahead to learning more about Stargate: Universe. Very exciting times ahead I feel sure!

- Alan.
                          Very good and interesting questions!!!

Comment

Agreed
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            Forum Charmer
                            Forum Ambassador
                            Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

I think that the music will be made using a similar technique to that of atlantis thats is take the main themes used in the score for SG-1 and work them into a new score

Comment

^ what part of kerry are you from?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X