Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by michey View Post
    If anyone is to come across I think it should be Vala or Cam, there is much more that can be explored with the newer characters than the ones we have been watching for ten years already.
    Second Amen to that
    Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
    Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
      Sending your pychical body back in time is immpossible. Plus if we could go back in time sometime in the future than why haven't we met anyone from the future that has come back in time?
      Actually many theorize that UFOs are time travelers visiting us. And, of course, if time travel were ever made possible, preserving the timeline would be a top priority. However, I am not saying that I believe any of this to be true/possible, merely trying to point out that others do, thus making it a subjective opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogwoppit View Post
        The special effects of the gate are expensive, which is why we don't see it in use as much now. They tend to think we would rather see more money spent on good storylines, special effects, guest actors etc, than keep seeing the wormhole again and again. Plus the precious time it takes to show the gate activating and the wormhole travel would mean cutting even more out of the story itself. It's amazing how much they can fit into those extra few seconds they save.
        Thats why god made stock photos of the atlantis gate opening!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
          Yeah, that's a good point. Oh, and I like your Chuck Campbell link!
          Thank you very much, I hope you paid us a visit!

Kymeric: Very true, but what about rest of what I said too:

...Plus the precious time it takes to show the gate activating and the wormhole travel would mean cutting even more out of the story itself. It's amazing how much they can fit into those extra few seconds they save.

As for who will cross over, like I said before, I would like to see one or two of the more minor characters in SU, simply to tie it in with the other series, but I can't see any of the major cast members going over, not least because it is supposed to be a completely new/different show. *Shrug* Just MHO.
          <<< Clickie Me

Spread the Chuck Love

Comment

Originally posted by Bogwoppit View Post
            I can't see any of the major cast members going over, not least because it is supposed to be a completely new/different show. *Shrug* Just MHO.
            Riiiight. But they said the same thing about Atlantis. Completely new! Completely different! Not at all like SG-1! And hey! It's gonna be civilian-based! Pfft. Look how well that worked out!

I don't think we'll see any leads making the jump to full-time SGU... at least not initially. Give 'em a season to settle in before the crossovers start. And maybe another season before a major character crosses over full time. That will be especially true if Atlantis gets canceled around then. SGU will probably gain McKay at that point.

Comment

can't wait to see the new show, no matter what it is.

Comment

On time travel, maybe I'm the only one here who thinks that if it is possible, it doesn't matter if we can't build a device that allows time travel at our current technological capability, as if we could ever in the future do so, don't you think someone would have used it to come back and speed up the whole process already?

I'm a sceptic.

Comment

With a title like "Universe', wonder what kind of levels they can reach.
                  Another thing to ponder, would we be following a future generation on Earth, or a totally different planet? Or even an alternate past?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    Riiiight. But they said the same thing about Atlantis. Completely new! Completely different! Not at all like SG-1! And hey! It's gonna be civilian-based! Pfft. Look how well that worked out!

I don't think we'll see any leads making the jump to full-time SGU... at least not initially. Give 'em a season to settle in before the crossovers start. And maybe another season before a major character crosses over full time. That will be especially true if Atlantis gets canceled around then. SGU will probably gain McKay at that point.
                    Mentally giving out super-green cause I ran out on virtual green.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by kadosho View Post
                      With a title like "Universe', wonder what kind of levels they can reach.
                      Another thing to ponder, would we be following a future generation on Earth, or a totally different planet? Or even an alternate past?
                      Present time and it will focus on an Earth/human/American team going through the gate- and NOT to alternate realities or different times.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                        Sending your pychical body back in time is immpossible. Plus if we could go back in time sometime in the future than why haven't we met anyone from the future that has come back in time?
                        No it isnt. There are many many theory's on this as in you might run into your self etc. etc.. but I don't see how it's a difinitive impossibility. Nothing is impossibile. Back on topic tough as to SGU no matter what the plot is I'll watch it. Then if it sucks I'll gripe about it. It sounds very interesting IMO.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Personally I think crossovers other than someone like Landry or Sam giving it a sendoff would be bad. Completly new and seperate is a great idea. I love both SG-1 and Atlantis but to make the new show successfull it needs to remain seperate.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

So the new series have to do with the ninth chevron, its pretty clear (at least to me) that it is not a time traveling thing, as the ancients tried to do it with stargate (the time loop ep) and failed, and succeeded with the jumper (name is janus?)

Then one of the other possible functions is that it acts as a country code and takes the traveller to a gate situated in a galaxy far away from the local group. However I think there are problems with this as 1. it is not very creative, and the function overlaps too much with the 8th chevron, i mean there are plenty of planets to explore within the local group of galaxies and it would be a giant let down (again, to me) if this were its sole function, after all, it stayed inactive all through the ten seasons. 2. It doens't really jive with the history of the ancients, we know they went to the pegasus to avoid a plague, then came back and mostly ascended, to have another galaxy they visited and seeded added to the canon is just confusing.

Keeping with the stargate as a giant telephone analogy, the ninth chevron could have functions parallel to the # or * buttons on a telephone. What do these buttons do? maybe it grants access to a very special gate similar to the alliance of four great races place. Or it could access some kind of central hub of the gate network and reveal other systems of stargate networks (one of which is the pegasus system)

Since it is revealed the new series is still based around the same time period, I hope the new series could have some thriller/mystery element built into the central theme. Instead of teams going on adventures every episode, or suggested by some, teams without a base running around trying to get home, how about combining them: a rogue team dials out of earth gate and using information/plot furthered by the nineth chevron, causes all kinds of havoc for earth's allies and diplomatic relations earth creates a specialized team that chases these rogue agents everywhere around the galaxy (Hence the name: Universe) and perhaps it could be gradually revealed as the series develop there may be some very serious reasons motivating the rogues to escape from earth perhaps they are not the villains(?)

wheww...anyways just some thoughts i've been having since i found out about the title, welcome to poke holes in my wishful thinking
                            sigpic
                            ....WACKO!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Personally I think crossovers other than someone like Landry or Sam giving it a sendoff would be bad. Completly new and seperate is a great idea.
                              Oh, but they all exist in the same universe so it's only natural that there would be a few (dozen) crossovers per season! It'd be weirder if there weren't any! [/sarcasm]

Comment

hey guys im new here

p.s i think u spelt it right actually
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X