Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Yeah, but it was painful, really, it was... a spongebob photo background would have been more pleasing

Ah, come on, since when have the producers NOT cast a "beautiful, gorgeous" woman. I meant, they might a well just say "only HAWT ladies apply"
    To be fair don't they apply the same standard to the males?
    Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Dayum!

...Is all I can say, coherently, besides this sentence.
    You know I can tell she is attractive and everything but I am not finding the urge to drool and thunk her.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      To be fair don't they apply the same standard to the males?

You know I can tell she is attractive and everything but I am not finding the urge to drool and thunk her.
      I've seen sides on and off during the years, but don't really recall the same adjectives being applied toward males. Virtually all female roles seen to have beautiful or gorgeous, and after a while, because of Hollywood standards, they all look the same. I mean I saw Marg Helgenberger on TV thsi morning and I fear she's succumbed to Botox as her forehead seemed frozen. Darned shame.

But as for guys? They're allowed to have wrinkles, they're allowed not to fall into the "Ken doll" category.

Comment

Will Power. Lol, that sounds like a person's name.

As for the hawtness conundrum, I suppose it's a personal thing then. Strangely enough, I actually don't find Elyse Levesque hawt. She's pretty, but not...hawt.

I found both Torri and Rachel hawt, and I can see why women would find Joe F. hawt.

Oh, and just in case anyone complains: I'm sure their hawtness or unhawtness do not define them as a person and that they are much more than their looks and that they have a lot more depth than what's shown to us on the surface, which is the whole definition of "depth" vs. "surface".
        WEll, in the eyes of network execs, physical appearance ('hawtness') matters far too much at times.

Oh yes, Joe F hawt. Most definitely

Comment

Will Power. Lol, that sounds like a person's name.

As for the hawtness conundrum, I suppose it's a personal thing then. Strangely enough, I actually don't find Elyse Levesque hawt. She's pretty, but not...hawt.
          I'll agree with you there. She's pretty and pleasant to look at, but, no, I don't think she's particularly hawt either.

Oh, and just in case anyone complains: I'm sure their hawtness or unhawtness do not define them as a person and that they are much more than their looks and that they have a lot more depth than what's shown to us on the surface, which is the whole definition of "depth" vs. "surface".
          I don't know what you're on about. I'm all about the hawtness.

:: shakes fist at PC-ness ::

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Can't comment on Joe, but I wouldn't say RL is anything special no, looks fairly ordinary to me. I don't suppose many people would consider her particularly hawt if she weren't famous to be honest. I agree with PG15 about Elyse Levesque as well, Alaina Huffman on the other hand...

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5861/alainahuffman.jpg

Did you do something to her eyes?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

Its a combination of things. Some people find the short hair attractive. Some people like the face she is making at the camera. And then others have probably seen the whole actor via YouTube or some Internet media.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
              ???

Comment

Yeah, but it was painful, really, it was... a spongebob photo background would have been more pleasing

Ah, come on, since when have the producers NOT cast a "beautiful, gorgeous" woman. I meant, they might a well just say "only HAWT ladies apply"
                *thinking........nothing* Good point. That is a problem with all media however.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

um i got one....torri higginson...she is not gorgeous or hawt or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                    um i got one....torri higginson...she is not gorgeous or hawt or anything like that.
                    I think their are quite a few people who would disagrre with assessment.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
                      I'm sure she has a great personality.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                        I'm sure she has a great personality.
                        I'm also think their are quite a few people who would disagree with the assessment that Torri isn't hawt.
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I'm also think their are quite a few people who would disagree with the assessment that Torri isn't hawt.
                          Yes, I'm sure there are many.
                          sigpic

Comment

But he has a point. Whatever you think of the actress, Weir wasn't exactly written to be 'hot'. Weir was supposed to be the leader, like Hammond or Landry. Her job wasn't intended to be the hot young thing that pulls in male viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                              But he has a point. Whatever you think of the actress, Weir wasn't exactly written to be 'hot'. Weir was supposed to be the leader, like Hammond or Landry. Her job wasn't intended to be the hot young thing that pulls in male viewers.
                              Didn't stop her flirting with the guys though especially Sheppard.... I guess she couldn't resist the hawtness of Sheppard.. who could.. though not very professional from the leader of the expedition though...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post

Didn't stop her flirting with the guys though especially Sheppard.... I guess she couldn't resist the hawtness of Sheppard.. who could.. though not very professional from the leader of the expedition though...
                                I think Weir qualified as "hawt", how many polticians her age look as good as she does? I especially liked the fact she got dressed up a bit for the guy(Don't remember his name but man was he hawt too ) in Sunday... as carson said...she looked very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X