Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
    Why? Do you know something the rest of us don't?
    Do i sense a bit of negativity there be positive
    Signature removed by popular demand...

Comment

Yes, he is right T1

Comment

Originally posted by T1Cybernetic View Post
        Do i sense a bit of negativity there be positive
        It's not negativity. People can only hope it's going to rock but nobody can be certain it will. The same thing applies when people say it's going to suck.
        sigpic

Comment

This is a discussion and no squee thread.
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Yes, discussion/speculation, but not a squee/'thunk' thread (hard to squee over something not even seen yet, though?)

Comment

None of them give me that same feeling of Wow as a pic of a new Wraith did.
              Me either. And when I compare the brief shots of Rising that they originally gave us with the brief shots of the first SGU ep, I didn't feel the same excitement. Still felt like Lost in Space to me.

And I"m sorry, I'm not a Lou fan anymore than I was a BB fan.

I"m happy for those of you who can be happy.
              sigpic
              Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

It's not negativity. People can only hope it's going to rock but nobody can be certain it will. The same thing applies when people say it's going to suck.
                When a group of people have produced two shows that rocked, its quite simple to assume their third work will rock.

This is like expecting an apple tree to grow a lemon, as you never know what might happen!

(please note, I'm not suggesting an apple tree could grow a lemon, just using it as a metaphor of sorts)

Comment

Originally posted by Automission View Post
                  When a group of people have produced two shows that rocked, its quite simple to assume their third work will rock.

This is like expecting an apple tree to grow a lemon, as you never know what might happen!

(please note, I'm not suggesting an apple tree could grow a lemon, just using it as a metaphor of sorts)
                  For me they wrote one show I didn't like at all. One show I loved from the outset, but they frittered away everything good about it in the last few seasons.

That's the problem, I fully expect to get the same quality of work.

Comment

yeah im really hoping that what you said is true.thats why i was giving it a chance from the start.these guys have a proven track record with their work.
                    Last edited by kennythewraith; 30 March 2009, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Very nicely put! Very nice indeed! My sentiments entirely!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Carrie writes: “ I’m wondering (a) if you have any advice for the new cast of Stargate: Universe, especially regarding the technobabble. You pulled it off so effectively, and I’m wondering if there is a secret that should be passed on! Also, (b) does your daughter watch you on TV at all? If she does, what does she think?”

AT: Try to learn, at least in layman terms, what you are talking about. The secret…. Enjoy this incredible ride! The Stargate family is wonderful.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

What makes a show rock is a very subjective thing. Some fans in this forum loved SG-1 but not SGA. Some loved SGA but not SG-1 and there are others who loved both shows. This doesn't automatically mean that people who liked one or other or even both Stargate shows are going to like SGU, though.
                          sigpic

Comment

What makes a show rock is a very subjective thing. Some fans in this forum loved SG-1 but not SGA. Some loved SGA but not SG-1 and there are others who loved both shows. This doesn't automatically mean that people who liked one or other or even both Stargate shows are going to like SGU, though.
                            Very true. I know fans who love SG1, don't like SGA, or love SGA, and don't like SG1. You will get a certain percentage of fans who will like any and all permutations of Stargate (although it's probably a very tiny amount who will say "Stargate Infinity was marvelous!") *cough*

Being told that "you will love it" doesn't work. It's like creating pizza with entirely new toppings and tell the person they'll love it, even if the anchoives and meatballs are obviously there

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              Very true. I know fans who love SG1, don't like SGA, or love SGA, and don't like SG1. You will get a certain percentage of fans who will like any and all permutations of Stargate (although it's probably a very tiny amount who will say "Stargate Infinity was marvelous!") *cough*

Being told that "you will love it" doesn't work. It's like creating pizza with entirely new toppings and tell the person they'll love it, even if the anchoives and meatballs are obviously there
                              Well if SGU is a dud to us, you and I can start to sing......... "Cause, two out of three ain't bad".
                              sigpic

Comment

I'll have to find it really outstanding before it will compensate for the lack of Todd and other Wraith. If it isn't as far as I'm concerned I'll just keep wondering what's happening in the Pegasus galaxy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X