Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myhelix
    I so agree with "Angelwithsoul". I mean why cancel SGA! to bring on a lame copy of Star Trek Voyager. Stupid move, the show sound very boring! Just to make more money, a direct to DVD Atlantis movie, I hate those greedy people!
    And by the way, Big Brother is the WORST thing on TV, and everything MTV shows!!!
    Big Brother isn't on MTV

You've obviously never seen Dancing With The Stars
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I know it´s not on MTV, but MTV shows are as bad as BB. Almost every reality TV Programm suck big time!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        It exhausted them too much.
        well i think, if they were able to put much effort into both show while both on, then they should able to do the same with Universe and Atlantis..

Comment

Something tells me I'm not gonna be thrilled with SGU. Sounds pretty lame to me. Crew stuck on a ship in space just floating. Sounds like it's been done (i.e. Farscape, Andromeda, Star Trek, Battlestar Galatica, etc.) Plus.....that means it's not gonna be Earth bound anymore. Which I felt was the charm of Stargate. Earth gave us a special connection with Stargate. Now...I feel that magic is now gone. SGU won't feel at all like SG-1 or Atlantis. It won't have that familiarity. While they try to get a younger, fresher audience....I believe they lose all the fans that supported Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis over all those years. That will be a BIG loss to series.
          Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 22 August 2008, 03:59 PM.
          sigpic
          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            Purple?

lol, nice overall. But............... purple?
            Whats wrong with purple? In purple, I'm stunning!... sorry thats a B5 joke there.. *cough* anyway...

I quite like the logo and core concept but the mention of younger audience and distancing away from sci fi makes me skeptical. Will wait and see what happens.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
              Whats wrong with purple? In purple, I'm stunning!... sorry thats a B5 joke there.. *cough* anyway...

I quite like the logo and core concept but the mention of younger audience and distancing away from sci fi makes me skeptical. Will wait and see what happens.
              Orrage or red would have been cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by amconway View Post
                That doesn't bother me. We've known all along that it would be on a ship. It depends entirely on how they treat that aspect of the show. If the emphasis is on space battles, or focus is given to their time on the ship, that's not to good. If the ship is mainly a means to allow gate travel to new worlds to be explored, no problem.
                Hey, if they're cut off from earth they're going to need supplies....meet new cultures, look around for food/water (surely an unmanned spacecraft doesn't have food and water kicking around in the cargo hold!), race back to the ship before they jump away....

Hopefully we won't jump to a new place every episode. Some nice arcs taking place in the same area over several episodes would be nice.

(Some? I meant mostly!)

Also the main baddies in this show have got to have some serious technology! Otherwise they wouldn't be able to follow the ship all over the universe. Right? There's got to be a consistent main baddie?
                "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Unless the ship is moving insanely fast they are never going to be able to cover a fraction of a percent of the universe in a human lifetime....

Comment

The way I see it SGU is a win/win situation. if the show is good we have a brand new series to carry us for the next 3-5 years. if the show is bad...I still get to be an "anti" (proud of it too) and have new material to mock and criticize.

I for one am actually looking forward to the new series. Funny, when I first heard about it I hated it. But now I realize good or bad...I'm still in good.
                    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      The way I see it SGU is a win/win situation. if the show is good we have a brand new series to carry us for the next 3-5 years. if the show is bad...I still get to be an "anti" (proud of it too) and have new material to mock and criticize.

I for one am actually looking forward to the new series. Funny, when I first heard about it I hated it. But now I realize good or bad...I'm still in good.
                      Wow, that works for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                        Wow, that works for me too.
                        Maybe then we'll get an NID based series with Agent Barrett as the star.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                          Maybe then we'll get an NID based series with Agent Barrett as the star.

ya know...an NID agent throwing a monkey wrench in the works is a great idea....

That would be a great source of conflict for the new crew.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Ok this is my feelings on this new seres .

I do welcome the new seres with open arms , SGU will be a addition to STARGATE . But there are a few things about the show that im not sure of .

1. How are they going to find out about the Ninth chevon ? Do they find out by Atlantis data base ? or some other data base that was lost for millions of years ?

2. The begging has been done before , SGA has already done the whole lets go to a new planet in a new galaxy and not be able to get home thing , Now i understand that SGU is going to be a little different cause of the whole once you on a planet and the ship leaves you not going to be going on for the rest of the ride thing . But come on we all know that once they get to about the 2 or 3 season they are going to find out how to control the navigation and find away for gate back home . They wont leave cause of some BS about how this is ancient technology and they want to learn more about it ..

As for the the whole thing of a new show i really will enjoy that , but i still will miss SGA .

Comment

yea and also it's going to be tough finding an arcing enemy because they are always on the move

KEEP IT CLEAN
                              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

I just read what its about. Sounds like a BAD cross of Stargate and Space 1999.

for the younger crowd, and those thow want to forget, it a show form the 70's were the moon was blown out in to deep space.

Comment

Working...
                                X