Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 9th Chevron probably causes the same effect as being in the middle of reading a thread which suddenly gets merged. Déja vu, and everything being out of place.
    That was a weird moment.

Seriously though, I'm leaning towards the AU idea. That way they can keep it separate from SG-1 and SGA, and still keep it identifiable.
    And they do love their time-travel/AU episodes...

Comment

Stargate Universe sounds more like a description than a show title, and a particularly vague one at that. Everything up to this point has already been set in the "Stargate universe" so how is this supposed to be any different? Or is that the point- it isn't different at all?

I'm also not sure about setting things in the same era as the other two shows, I think we've already pretty much covered this aspect of the "Stargate universe" so it might be nice to see things from another point in time. To say nothing of the fact that having three shows set in the same time period adds a lot of pressure to do crossovers, which is something that I think should be avoided at all costs. TPTB had promised us a "separate and unique" show in the form of Atlantis, but at this point I think they failed to deliver on that point. I'd hate to see SGU similarly bogged down with characters and storylines from the other shows.

If there's one good thing about the title it's that- at this point, anyway- it sounds as if it'll be more of an all encompassing theme rather than focusing on the adventures of one individual group so hopefully we won't have to see the SG-1 team reincarnated for a third time.

Comment

i probably wont watch the third series mainly becuase i am liking sg1 and atlantis. i think a third series is just trying to push the franchise a little to far. i think they are trying to fill a gap left by sg1. i dont think it will last that long. on a positive note, i just red `something from the directors and they said we are finally going to find out what the ninth chevron is used for

Comment

I think it could be a series located within the Ori galaxy perhaps? That is if we manage to beat them.

Comment

I haven't read all forum entries so forgive me if I'm repeting anything.

I think Stargate Universe deals with...

PARALELL UNIVERSES.

I think the ninth chevron is not an other coordinate in space but a coordinate to a paralell universe. First I tought it was time but they said it was set in present day. Also the ancients are not very keen on time travel. And the title universe points also in the direction of Paralell Univeres.

That is a whole new multiverse of storys. We could travel to a paralell version of the Asgard planet were they still exist. There are endless possibilyties.

What do you think of my theory.

Comment

well obviously I'm not the first with this theory.

But still. I think it would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by upinout View Post
                u·ni·verse(yn-vûrs)
                n.
                1. All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.
                a. The earth together with all its inhabitants and created things.
                b. The human race.
                3. The sphere or realm in which something exists or takes place.
                4. Logic See universe of discourse.
                5. Statistics See population.

that was the first definition of "universe" that I could find on google. It doesn't say anything about meaning "only 1 universe".

It just means that all the stuff in our universe is united together making up 1 whole universe. It does not preclude the idea of other universes existing outside of ours.

I looked up the meaning of the prefix "uni" and it does mean "1", but "1" in the sense of the word universe means that all the stuff that is in the universe together is 1 whole big thing.
                Well, I'd hate to be too volatile in my response since you were all thorough looking this up.

But:

All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.

That means everything in existence period. Now, you're welcome to argue the multiverse theory. Basically, all I'm saying is, let's not use the term universe in that context because it's not really accurate.

Maybe this is just the old English student in me getting bogged down in semantics, though.
                Theoretically spoilerish:
                Spoiler:
                Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Augh, not relate to any of the other stargate series? That's bad!!!!!

I totally enjoy a canon stargate that makes references to the other stargate series. Atlantis and SG-1 really managed to supplement each other and also made it feel slightly more real-time when they both reported certain events happening at a time.

I want the episodes to be able to reference back to SG-1 or Atlantis, either events wise or characters, but not just as a stand alone. A stand alone might be easier to write a script for, but well... It just has to talk about the other series. It won't be the same...

Comment

I'm not sure why some are worried at this point. The hubub about the title is a litle early, I mean come on it's a working title for god's sake. i like how they are going to deal with the ninth chevron so it will be gate based which is good an personally it could have the dumbest name in the world and I'd still watch simply b/c we have a great crew working on all shows and with Rob heading this up it is sure to be great.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                      Wow the more the more they say the more I hate the show and it's not even on yet.

What the **** is the rush?! Why can't Atlantis be on by itself?! Considering I don't see Atlantis lasting past a 5th or 6th season why can't they just wait a few years and then start a new show? They want to have it ready for early 2008?! That's insane, they have already proven not to be able to write two shows at once but now they have two Atlantis, two SG-1 movies, and a new show. Are they trying to beat the horse dead like with Star Trek?
                      Sorry I disagree. I like Star Trek but the Sg franchise is much better. I likw how they are trying to create a constant flow of Stargate and keep the franchise going. Atlantis is going strong and the third series can help keep it strong and keep the franchise alive. I can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by h4mx0r View Post
                        Augh, not relate to any of the other stargate series? That's bad!!!!!

I totally enjoy a canon stargate that makes references to the other stargate series. Atlantis and SG-1 really managed to supplement each other and also made it feel slightly more real-time when they both reported certain events happening at a time.

I want the episodes to be able to reference back to SG-1 or Atlantis, either events wise or characters, but not just as a stand alone. A stand alone might be easier to write a script for, but well... It just has to talk about the other series. It won't be the same...
                        Actually I think it's wise to create a show that can be seperate from the other two. IMO it can be a great thing.

Comment

my idea is that the 9th Chevron was placed on the stargate so that the gate users could travel outside our local cluster of galacies

Comment

Originally posted by Andylkl View Post
                            I think it could be a series located within the Ori galaxy perhaps? That is if we manage to beat them.
                            I'd prefer the name "Stargate Origin" in that point. Sounds kinda weird (talkin' about SG Origin ) but might fit well, though that could well be a name of a completly different show. Perhaps taking place to the time of 4 races.

Comment

I can't say I'm all that interested, to be honest. Daniel/MS was the main draw for me on SG1.

I won't watch Atlantis anymore,for various reasons.

I think Stargate has run its course. If MS was still available and would agree to star in the new show along with CB then I would watch. I don't see that happening though, so for me at least Stargate is over.

I no longer get the channel that carries it anyway and really can't be bothered to swop provider now that SG 1 is finished.

I wish them well and hope the show does make it, but I won't be holding my breath.
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I think they should start it after Atlantis ends. That way they can have the show take place in whatever time they want. If SGU takes place 25 years in the future and is on at the same time as SGA than that would be confusing. Plus then we would know the outcome of Atlantis before it ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X