Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok i think everyone is a little off topic, so back to the topic it is my understanding from what i am reading that the new show "Stargate Universe" is going to be base around the 9 chevron or something like that??? i think that is lame and i will tell you why!!!

OK the show open like this Daniel is in a meeting with the rest of Sg1 and landry. he goes on and tell them he find something somewhere about i new Universe or something like that. but they got to use the super gate and it takes 9 chevron to get there and they are going to need to take two new earth ship that just got made and blah blah blah LAME.. and let me guess this is where the Furling went or are at and there a big bad race there too or something like that... Hello sounds just like atlantis.. tell them to stop it and come up with something new!!!

Comment

IMHO the idea for the series is wonderful. I went all spazzy about it a few months ago when we were finally allowed to talk about it and brought up a few ways why it can be a great show. After all, without the Ancients having already seeded these galaxies with life (just Stargates), anything could be there. Any sort of civilization, any sort of life. The only thing that will be constant would be the laws of physics, most of the time.

Think about SG1 and SGA and their restrictions. The Milky Way was dominated by the Goa'uld and seeded with human life; thus, how alien can you really get? It's even worse for Atlantis, as the Wraith actively destroy all non-renaissance-style village planets in the galaxy; and again it's seeded with human life. What kind of variations and possibilities can there really be? With the idea of Stargate Universe, there is no restrictions.

The catch is the budget. If they don't have it high enough, then it'll be a problem. Truly alien aliens and alien societies would be hard to do with practical effects, I'd imagine.
      Last edited by PG15; 14 August 2008, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
        Whoa mate, you better check that talk or the ancient-lovers will stomp you flat. Tauri are nowhere near the level of the ancients. Tech-wise, mental-wise, physical-wise. They outclass us in every way.

The Asgard have been around for over 30,000 years and according to Thor they've barely scratched the surface of the Ancients knowledge

So it's going to take many many years for the Tau'ri just to learn the knowledge of the Asgard through the Asgard Core. So comparing them even closely to the Ancients is quite absurd

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          IMHO the idea for the series is wonderful. I went all spazzy about it a few months ago when we were finally allowed to talk about it and brought up a few ways why it can be a great show. After all, without the Ancients having already seeded these galaxies with life (just Stargates), anything could be there. Any sort of civilization, any sort of life. The only thing that will be constant would be the laws of physics, most of the time.

Think about SG1 and SGA and their restrictions. The Milky Way was dominated by the Goa'uld and seeded with human life; thus, how alien can you really get? It's even worse for Atlantis, as the Wraith actively destroy all non-renaissance-style village planets in the galaxy; and again it's seeded with human life. What kind of variations and possibilities can there really be? With the idea of Stargate Universe, there is no restrictions.

The catch is the budget. If they don't have it high enough, then it'll be a problem. Truly alien aliens and alien societies would be hard to do with practical effects, I'd imagine.

NO NO NO for one the goa'uld did run the wilky way but how many alien races did we run into alot so you cant say that, and as for atlantis we already saw a few alien races there and what to say there aint more nothing you dont got proof but the whole 9 chevron thing suck to me i know they can come up with something way better.. 7 for somewhere in milky way 8 for 1 galaxy away some 9 would be what 2 galaxy away LAME. i need something more something new that we never saw before and add a chevron aint it..

Originally posted by Kraft View Post

The Asgard have been around for over 30,000 years and according to Thor they've barely scratched the surface of the Ancients knowledge

So it's going to take many many years for the Tau'ri just to learn the knowledge of the Asgard through the Asgard Core. So comparing them even closely to the Ancients is quite absurd

Indeed

the tau'ri are no where near the ancients!!!! only people that really come near the ancient are the 4 great races and the tau'ri may be the 5th but they still got life times to get where the asgard was!!!! denial in the unending was studing the core for the rest of his life and didnt real touch it....

Im i the only one that thinks if the show didnt end the asgard would still be alive????

Comment

my point about us surpassing the ancients was that even though we have nowhere near advanced as far technologically or intellectually as the ancients... (and btw ascension is either technological or intellectual... you don't need an uber evolved physical form for it)... we have succeeded in a few significant places that the Ancients failed:

the asurans (even if they're back sometime this season, we've dealt them a huge blow) - after 4 years...
            the wraith are in check - after 4 years... (so much for a 100 yr war)
            the ori are done - inside of 2 years mind you
            and we're going to GS1 and GS2 - something the ancients never did

so once we've been around as long as the ancients, we'll be incredibly superior to them

i think its only a matter of time before the ancients confront us out of fear that we will become more powerful than they... like a preemptive strike...
            like killing Anakin Skywalker when he was 9 instead of letting him be trained...
            not that we are evil, but perhaps in the eyes of some of the Ancients, we would eventually pose a threat to them, hence they may see us as evil...
            u smarter ppl get my point...
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Actualy we don't. The only reason we've gone so far is becasue we've been working on the knoledge left behind by more advanced powers. And teh Wriath are nowhere in check, the only reason Atlantis isn't suferign a gruesome end is becuase the Wraith are infighting, and that after 10000+ uears of totaly dominating a galaxy, theibe become gorified farmers.

Don't delude yourself to the power of hUmanity, we'd be utterly insignificant if not for plot and the fact that we have atlantis+asgard core.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                Actualy we don't. The only reason we've gone so far is becasue we've been working on the knoledge left behind by more advanced powers. And teh Wriath are nowhere in check, the only reason Atlantis isn't suferign a gruesome end is becuase the Wraith are infighting, and that after 10000+ uears of totaly dominating a galaxy, theibe become gorified farmers.

Don't delude yourself to the power of hUmanity, we'd be utterly insignificant if not for plot and the fact that we have atlantis+asgard core.
                the facts still remain that we - the petulant inferior race - have succeeded where the ancients have failed...

and i wouldn't call what the wraith did as dominating the galaxy... the goa'uld dominated the galaxy... the wraith spent most of those 10k years napping...

side track:

what do you think of retro-fitting Atlantis with a sooped-up Asgard beam weapon? or severl asgard "beam turrets" through the city?

that way, then the writers finally decide to have the wraith invade in full force, we can have more options than just the chair?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                  the facts still remain that we - the petulant inferior race - have succeeded where the ancients have failed...
                  Becuase we had their know how and the most ridiculous dose of luck.

and i wouldn't call what the wraith did as dominating the galaxy... the goa'uld dominated the galaxy... the wraith spent most of those 10k years napping...
                  Ad yet they are the undisputed glactic super power, that looks a lot like dominating Especialy considering the goa'uld were not, there were various highly advanced cultures in the MW.

side track:

what do you think of retro-fitting Atlantis with a sooped-up Asgard beam weapon? or severl asgard "beam turrets" through the city?

that way, then the writers finally decide to have the wraith invade in full force, we can have more options than just the chair?
                  The beam wepons are "plasma" and so there a good chance they won't work well in atmosphere. But realy, if the Wraith atack full force, there's nothing we could do. These were the dudes that drive th Gatebuilders to the brink of extinction. No amount of human ingenuity will save us, which is why it will never be alowed to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    Becuase we had their know how and the most ridiculous dose of luck.
                    they had their own tech and could NOT do it...
                    luck's got nothing to do with it

Ad yet they are the undisputed glactic super power, that looks a lot like dominating Especialy considering the goa'uld were not, there were various highly advanced cultures in the MW.
                    uhm, they're not the undisputed superpower anymore... its a 3-way tie between us, them, and the asurans... small force though we might be, we've been able to muck up the field enough to level it out...

The beam wepons are "plasma" and so there a good chance they won't work well in atmosphere. But realy, if the Wraith atack full force, there's nothing we could do. These were the dudes that drive th Gatebuilders to the brink of extinction. No amount of human ingenuity will save us, which is why it will never be alowed to happen.
                    the "gatebuilders" couldn't stop the asurans... and we did... well that remains to be seen after tonight... but we put a major dent in them...
                    again: we destroyed the Ori... who are exactly the same as the ancients...
                    yes, the wraith beeotch-slapped the ancients... but so far they have refused to engage us full on... and anytime we meet up with one of their hives, a few asgard bursts and it's gone...

yes the ancients were far more superior to us in almost every way

but you cannot dispute the fact that we've succeeded in places that they've failed...

Comment

What are you refering to exactly?

uhm, they're not the undisputed superpower anymore... its a 3-way tie between us, them, and the asurans... small force though we might be, we've been able to muck up the field enough to level it out...
                      Asurans=dead. us= 3 ships, wraith= dozens of hives, even more cruisers. And leyt's not forget the old WRaith rivaled the Ancients in terms of technology. Were owere near, our ships were getitn owned exept in a few cases before we got Asgard beams.

the "gatebuilders" couldn't stop the asurans... and we did... well that remains to be seen after tonight... but we put a major dent in them...
                      The Ancients destroyed the Asurans, they just didn't destroy them well eough A few nanites survived. Teh Ancients didn't buld some kind of ARG becuase they could do the job with god ld fashioned bombardment. We would have made the same mistake in theri shoes.

yes,
                      No, the Ancients, specificaly Merli, destroyed the Ori, we just gave his WMD a push through the supergate.

the wraith beeotch-slapped the ancients... but so far they have refused to engage us full on... and anytime we meet up with one of their hives, a few asgard bursts and it's gone...
                      Keyword is Asgard, and teh wraith we see today, are geting smarter. Which is why the writers will [probably exterminate them soon, before they get all their old superger out of strage and come woop our asses.

but you cannot dispute the fact that we've succeeded in places that they've failed...
                      True, but my point sstands, we've had the benefit of al their knowledge and mistakes to learn from.

Comment

yes, the wraith beeotch-slapped the ancients... but so far they have refused to engage us full on... and anytime we meet up with one of their hives, a few asgard bursts and it's gone...

now your talking crazy!! the ancient didnt fear the asurans and didnt need to attack them till mckay change the code, next the ori we didnt do nothing if u watch the movie the ancient been knew how to beat them then just didnt want to they should of let merlin attack and kill them with the weapon and then use the ark on everyone else. but the ori cant beat the ancients they only got a chance if they take the whole MW. and they only know about us because ''let me guess'' us again. so if we never let the ori know we was here and ancients really wouldnt have a problem.

and succeed no luck yes but dont for get we make a more evil and problem bad guy in micheal.

Comment

Originally posted by lilmacdacddy929 View Post
                          now your talking crazy!! the ancient didnt fear the asurans and didnt need to attack them till mckay change the code, next the ori we didnt do nothing if u watch the movie the ancient been knew how to beat them then just didnt want to they should of let merlin attack and kill them with the weapon and then use the ark on everyone else. but the ori cant beat the ancients they only got a chance if they take the whole MW. and they only know about us because ''let me guess'' us again. so if we never let the ori know we was here and ancients really wouldnt have a problem.
                          nope, sooner or later the Ori would have enough power, but it would take many many many many many years without our galaxy
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lilmacdacddy929 View Post
                            NO NO NO for one the goa'uld did run the wilky way but how many alien races did we run into alot so you cant say that,
                            Sure I can. Even if we met a few truly alien races, the mass majority was always human with human cultures that originated on Earth.

Failing that, humanoid aliens, which, if they were supposed to be truly aliens, would be just odd.

and as for atlantis we already saw a few alien races there and what to say there aint more nothing you dont got proof
                            Exactly, a few (very few). With Stargate Universe they'd all be alien races.

Besides, the Ancient said that the galaxy was devoid of life when they got there, so there you go; some semblance of proof.

but the whole 9 chevron thing suck to me i know they can come up with something way better.. 7 for somewhere in milky way 8 for 1 galaxy away some 9 would be what 2 galaxy away LAME.
                            Ok first, it's for a ship that's exploring the entire Universe, an Universe untouched by the Ancients, not some random galaxy a little bit farther away. Considering the stuff we've been doing the last 12 years, that's pretty new. What else do you suggest?

And please don't suggest time travel and/or alternate realities. We don't need a whole series of that stuff.

i need something more something new that we never saw before and add a chevron aint it..
                            But of course, the entire series will be about the 9th chevron. Every week it'll be an hour of the 9th chevron locking and unlocking.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Ok first, it's for a ship that's exploring the entire Universe, an Universe untouched by the Ancients, not some random galaxy a little bit farther away. Considering the stuff we've been doing the last 12 years, that's pretty new. What else do you suggest?
                              There's no saying that the seeding ship doesn't have a "Dakara style" life-seeding device. In fact, it would make perfect sense to drop a gate and seed humanity on the planets afterward...
                              Bar.
                              e-mail(And msn messenger): [email protected]

Gravity can bind my feet, but it can never bind my imagination...

Comment

That wouldn't be very ethical though. The MW was only reseeded after the plague wiped out most of the life there, and Pegasus was devoid of life when they seeded it. To automatically seed life where there may already be life is just...bad. Genesis Device bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X