Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
    Given that the tentatively titled SGU will have something to do with the Ninth Chevron, and the universe in a much broader sense...

How about Stargate: Deep Space (Chevron) Nine?

haha i like that one, or Deep Gate Nine
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenSG-1 View Post
      why do I have a feeling they'll use the stargate to travel to alternate universe almost like "Sliders"
      Y'know.....
      With the news about the 9th chevron - I mean, 7 for Gates in this galaxy, 8 for gates in a different galaxy... 9 for parallel realities.
      Makes sense.

Gawd, I hope not.
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Universe is almost certainly a working title. And the fact that it takes place in the same time period as the other shows and is seperate from them is kind of an oxymoron. The title could mean anything at this point and we probably wont get any more details till after the movies are done this summer. Lets keep an open mind here and hope for the best. I am glad they are carrying on with the franchise and they arn't going to let it burn out slowly like with what happened to star trek. And I think I speak for us all when I say that it is about time we found out what that 9th chevron does.
        Last edited by chestnu1; 24 March 2007, 11:54 PM. Reason: had another thought

Comment

i just hope the wormhole effect for the ninth chevron is really cool, i liked the atlantis one.

Just wonder if the ninth chevron is alt worlds or be something new, something we havent thought of.
          LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

ok we have finally established the ninth chevron! good work people

now we divert all our power to find THE DAMN FURLINGS
            I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

We know the stargate can travel through time and dimensions or realities, maybe that's what the 9th chevron does?
              7 for location, 1 for galaxy, 1 for time/dimension/reality?

Comment

Yyyyessss!!!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I dunno, I was thinking 7 for local, 8 for area code (local galaxy), 9 for country code (far galaxy). Know what I mean?

I suppose we won't find out until later. But I just can't imagine the Ancients building the gate to deliberately dial other realities, times, dimensions and whatnot.

Comment

Maybe the ninth chevron allows a gate to dial any place, without there necessarily being a Stargate there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
                      Maybe the ninth chevron allows a gate to dial any place, without there necessarily being a Stargate there.
                      Well, how would you input where you want to go? Because the ninth chevron still locks in a symbol, which I'd think would have to correspond to something. Not to mention, most of the time, you're going to want to go back to where you started. If there's no gate where you're going, how do you get back?
                      Theoretically spoilerish:
                      Spoiler:
                      Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

it would be cool to find out whats its purpose is for

i always thought it took people to the ascended planes since ascended beings like oma like going through the stargate to who know where
                        sigpic

Comment

I think it is smart that they are not doing a prequel. I am also not fond of them (that is the reason why I am a bit wear about the planned BSG spin-off about the old days on Caprica). Maybe the 9th Chevron will open a window to alternate universes. In that case it would be a bit like "Stargate" meets "Sliders".
                          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            I collected some ideas pro and contra:

1. Travel to other phase - This is useless because of Merlin's device.
                            2. Travel to other realities - They had the mirror.
                            3. Travel to the Ori-Alterran realm - They will finish this storyline.
                            4. Travel to other time - They create a time paradoxon and they couldn't return.
                            5. Two-way wormhole - Don't have enough military advantage.
                            6. Travel to gateless coordinate - Who will they return?
                            7. Travel to other galaxies - They have 8th chevron already for this.

My idea:
                            8. Travel and teleport together -
                            Spoiler:
                            They made a similar thing in Quest II. So if the Ancients wanted to travel with ships, than they could easily teleport them through the wormhole to the other side by "normal" stargates. This can be a new way for an a shipbased series.

Other questions? When will they begin the casting? I hope they will find a famous actor / actress.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Wow, way to be negative and/or cautiously cynical Stargate fans. I just read the news on GateWorld and i'm starting to get pretty excited about this series !

Comment

I'm very interested to learn what it does. I can't really think of anything viable other than an extra distance calculation. But I do hope its something more interesting than that, something I haven't thought of.

The name Universe though worries me a little bit. Perhaps it could refer to traveling much further out into the Universe. That would be fine, but nothing we haven't seen before. I don't think it would mean traveling to other Universes as I've seen some people mention as I understand the meaning of the word Universe to say there is only 1 of them. Otherwise you'd just call it a Verse. Of course it could also mean something else that I'm not thinking of I hope so.

If it turns out to be a gate to alternate realities though, I'd be extremely disappointed. Thats what the quantum mirror was for

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                                it would be cool to find out whats its purpose is for

i always thought it took people to the ascended planes since ascended beings like oma like going through the stargate to who know where
                                The Ancients didn't learn to ascend until millions of years after creating the Stargates, so I don't think so
                                Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Working...
                                X