Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in addition to my most recent post, my only other expectation... nay, DEMAND... is that O'Neill and Daniel are in the pilot episode...

i don't care if they have to hit the giant red reset button after continuum...

they need to be there... even in cameos waving to the SGU crew as they walk through the gate...

or even in a Jimmy Kimmel/Matt Damon "we ran out of time" spoof...
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

To be honest, I think there is a high possibility we might see Humans in this series if only as a way of reducing the budget without showing an alien all the time. Dont know how though since the ship was seeding Stargates not second evolution Humans unless those were also seeded in order to help build settlements for the Ancients or perhaps an alien race managed to attack the seeding ship and attempted to replicate its creators.

As for Humanoid aliens well I think thats a distinct possibility... mind you they might not all be Humanoids but I think the ones we will meet on a regular basis will be to make it feasible for the budget.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Sounds like the door is open for a number of sequals. Even after sga and sgu run their course (at least a decade of each plz). Therell always be another galaxy and another place 2 explore!

Comment

i think it would be a mistake to keep making SG-1 films...

the Ori are defeated
          the replicators are defeated
          the goa'uld are defeated (and the Ba'al storyline is old, and presumably finished after continuum)
          so to introduce a new villain for SG-1... wouldn't be a good idea IMHO...

i think they should stick to the TV series... and the money for the films towards the season finales of SGU... so they're as good as the season finales of SG-1 back in the day...

or

if they MUST make films... make them fit inbetween the season finale of season X and the season premier of season X+1 for both SGA and SGU
          of course that will require stronger, season-long storyarcs to completely work... and what's wrong with that? absolutely nothing
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I, personally, think this sounds like a fantastic idea. To me, when i read it, i was thrilled with the extent of possibilities for this show. And i definitely interpreted the pitch to suggest that, once on this ship, we will have access to some sort of database of all the gates it has laid down on planets throughout these galaxies, and then we will use that ship's stargate to visit all of those planets, and who knows what we will find (geologically, technologically, biologically, etc). Honestly, this show is basically Daniel Jackson's wet dream - the ability to just explore, meet new races, understand life in distant galaxies, tell them about Earth and our galaxy - we could find cures for human diseases, new technology. And i already think about a finale or cliffhanger, in which the gate malfunctions, and the team/crew is stuck aboard with nowhere to go - or perhaps conversely, they get stuck on a hostile planet, and cant get back to the ship. I think this premise is great, and i really think it could take Stargate places we've only dreamed of up until this point. Oh and hey, maybe we will find the Furlings, and realize the reason we never met them is because they left our part of the universe entirely!

Comment

I like the premise of the show is just fine, although, I must admit that I think there is STILL a lot of story left in the MilkyWay network of stargates. The SGC hasn't even explored a quarter of the stargates yet in 'our' galaxy. They do have a very nearly complete list of stargates, and because of the coorelation between stargate addresses and their location in actual space have a fairly good idea of where they are. They just don't know what is there on each of those planets, beyond what knowledge they might have gleaned from the Antartic outpost (millions of years out-of-date) and possibly by now the Asgard Data-Core (which is likely incomplete).

I was all for the idea of a 'Stargate: SGC' series, and frankly, I still am. There are still 'loose' threads from throughout the 10 seasons that could be dealt with still. The Aschen, among others, are some of the dangerous races still out there that have yet to be dealt with. It is obvious that there were other advanced races in the galaxy with their own 'neighborhoods' that didn't deal with the Goa'uld too often, or simply hadn't encountered them. It is clear that the Goa'uld, while widely traveled in the galaxy, hadn't been everywhere, and did NOT maintain a presence in even most of the galaxy all the time. There are entire regions of the galaxy that the Goa'uld have had little or nothing to do with. The Aschen had a confederation of planets that apparently included quite a few worlds and star systems, and yet they had never heard of the Goa'uld before meeting the Tau'ri.

Additionally, for the first time, Earth can confidently go forth into the galaxy knowing that they can deal with even the most dangerous of opponents as a result of the technology they've acquired in 10 years of exploration. It is safe to say, that at this point, Earth has the fastest, best shielded, and most well armed ships in the galaxy. They just don't have a lot of them yet. I am personally very interested in seeing the transformation of Earth from an insular world into an outward looking world spreading its wings. I think it would be an interesting story.
              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                I can see 3 options:

1. They don't explain it, like right now.

2. The aliens don't speak English.

3. The aliens don't speak at all.
                option 4. the tower of babel. a common language once used by everyone.

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                Because Darren has done that before and locked threads...you ever wonder why a thread was locked...? Its because someone new something they shouldn't have because Gateworld messed up.
                huh?

did that happen to you?

Threads will get locked when posting turns into trolling. Gateworld messed up?
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                  i think it would be a mistake to keep making SG-1 films...

the Ori are defeated
                  the replicators are defeated
                  the goa'uld are defeated (and the Ba'al storyline is old, and presumably finished after continuum)
                  so to introduce a new villain for SG-1... wouldn't be a good idea IMHO...
                  There are still a number of unresolved story arcs in SG1, though. Like the Lucian Alliance, the Trust and the Jaffa Nation. I can see an argument for bringing these to a close in order to provide final closure for SG1 before starting on SGU.

Comment

I believe after 'Continuum' any future films will be truly stand alone and will deal with the issue/s within the movie...

Comment

is Daniel still meant to be the main character?
                      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
                        is Daniel still meant to be the main character?
                        That's been dismissed as rumour some time ago...unless, of course, things have changed since then.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I challenge you to watch Stargate: Continuum and say you want them to stop making movies. It's one of the finest Stargate anythings I've seen in the past 11 years.

I think that the Stargate Universe premise has huge amounts of potential. Remember gang, all we have so far is a basic premise. What determines whether or not the show will actually be good is the scripts and the characters. Give Stargate a chance to prove they can do a ship-based series.

It's not like we just found out that it's a 3-camera sitcom set in a Delaware daycare.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Don't give them any ideas, Darren.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              I challenge you to watch Stargate: Continuum and say you want them to stop making movies. It's one of the finest Stargate anythings I've seen in the past 11 years.
                              Sweeeeet. Thanks for that!

I honestly think they should put Stargate Universe on the backburner for a while so as to take advantage of lower CGI costs in the future. In my mind, to do it right, they'll need a lot of it.

I'll be fine with Atlantis and the movies for now, though I do wish to see this concept carried out eventually.

Comment

I am personally excited by the concept. It should open up great new possibilities and places to explore. I love Daniel, but I hope they bring back a character who hasn't been in the show as much (like Jonas). Whatever it ends up being, I am sure it will be great. I just hope that they change their minds and start before SGA ends.

Comment

Working...
                                X