Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Holy ****! 9th Chevron man!

And I thought I wasn't a tech geek; my subconscious proved me wrong.
    --->

Originally posted by Sorinev View Post
    ... Plus, the gates have 9 chevrons anyhow, only 8 of which have ever been used in the series thus far. I doubt the 9th is there just for decoration (and anyways, they'd have better symmetry with just 8).
    9th Chevron news

**** I'm smooth

(posted that first response of mine before this most recent news was heard of).

Wheee!

Comment

Given that the tentatively titled SGU will have something to do with the Ninth Chevron, and the universe in a much broader sense...

How about Stargate: Deep Space (Chevron) Nine?

Comment

Ok here is the story i liked, remember the mid way station between milkyway and Atlantis.

SGC travel to a galaxy far away and decide to do a midway station between two galaxys so aliens can come and go at ease.
        And the show be about the lives of people living there and travel to that galaxy and explore aka deepspace nine.

That way its in the current time line, the midway station can be like the sgc and they could do alot more exploring than even sg1 did.

I just want something different if its noting going to be
        SG1.
        LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

I liked Stargate: Legacy, which has been thrown around a lot on the forum.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

The working concept for the third Stargate television series includes the Stargate's ninth chevron, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told fans today. Cooper appeared on stage in front of 500 fans at Creation's Official Stargate SG-1 / Stargate Atlantis Convention in Vancouver, British Columbia.

"It plays a major factor in the third series," Cooper said in response to a fan's question about the significance of the ninth chevron. "So that question is answered!"

Fans have long wondered why the ninth and final chevron was created by the Ancients, since normal gate addresses only utilize seven of them. The eighth chevron adds an extra distance calculation, allowing the team to establish a stable wormhole to a Stargate in another galaxy. It was first used in SG-1 Season Two's "The Fifth Race."

Cooper also said that the third series "is very active in development. MGM is currently putting financing together. The goal is to have it out in the marketplace in early 2008, which means that we have to start writing very soon. The hold-up has really been the movies -- Brad and I are busy. When we are done with Continuum and Ark of Truth we're going to turn our attention to that pretty seriously."

Whatever form the series takes, viewers can definitely expect the same familiar from that has made the franchise a 10-year-old success. "There will be a Stargate, and a team on adventures," Cooper said. "I can tell you what it won't be, which is it really won't be as much of a spin-off of SG-1 as Atlantis was. And it won't be a spin-off of Atlantis. It's going to be a third arm of the franchise that will really stand alone and I think be an entirely new flavor from what we've done before."

Just what the Stargate's ninth chevron does and how it might relate to working title Stargate Universe (story) fans can only speculate. Watch GateWorld for more on the third series!
            http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...nth_chev.shtml

Very interesting..
            LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

been wondering how long we were gonna wait until they deal with it, we'll either get dissapointed, or it'll be something like a new dimention of universe or something, universe seems to fit considering the name of the show is "STARGATE UNIVERSE"
              I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                STARGATE UNIVERSE
                Starring Corin Nemec as "Jonas Quinn"

lol
                .... and Christopher Judge as "Teal'c"

UNIVERSE sounds like a good working title, but i still prefer STARGATE: TEAL'C P.I

lol

Comment

9th chevron?! Great. How will this idea work, when sometimes CGI team make only 8 chevon gates in Atlantis? :evil:

How can they use the ninth chevron?
                  - two way travel through wormhole
                  - phase shifting
                  - dial alternate universe
                  - dial ascended realm
                  - time travel from a special protected planet
                  - Asgard legacy

We should begin a "wish list for SG:U" thread too.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

yeah im kind of worried about this though, i just hope its not a sliders type of thing cause that would not fit into stargate. And plus we had the mirror to do alt travleing.
                    LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

WOW - I want to set of a bunch of explitives right now.

If thats true then.......... WOW

I mean WOW,!

Who knows, they might even get around to dealing with the Furlings!
                      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

how are there going to get that much power???
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Think they're going to introduce the discovery of the ninth chevron and its functionality via Atlantis?? I know they've said that it won't be as much of a direct spinoff like Atlantis... but unless they start off the Stargate Universe pilot on the SG1 set and have them do a little schpiel about HOW they figured out this ninth chevron (which better be a damn good explanation since they've been using the damn gate for 10 years and never mentioned it), then I don't see how else they could introduce the idea.

I'd prefer to be launched from Atlantis. I see the best potential for a consistent introduction there, even if they don't want it to be a direct spinoff.

Comment

Originally posted by glennh73 View Post

MGM is currently putting financing together.
                            worries me a bit..... but heres an idea, they can save lotsa cash by making STARGATE: UNAS. no scriptwriter required, just 'CHAKA', and graphic violence.

Pharaoh Atem, imo, they can use that Asgard power core + ZPM for long lasting energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zed.P.M. View Post
                              That's it! SGU could employ the 9th Chevron! Brilliant!
                              Did I call it or what?

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              Well...the 9th chevron is definately involved.

And you can quote me on that.
                              Nice work, PG.

Comment

Stargate Genesis......
                                I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Working...
                                X