Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    D#mn Google. Guys, this is an unpublished article that we were working on before the writer's strike, but were asked to hold off on publishing for the time being. We have an internal development environment, and was apparently copied incomplete to the live server by accident.

I'd ask that you please refrain from discussing the contents. Everything is subject to change, and we don't want to incur the wrath of the studio when a search engine accidentally turned up something that wasn't supposed to exist yet.

My apologies, and thanks for your cooperation.
    Not a problem, Darren. These things happen and I promise to not discuss this or any other info related to Stargate: Universe until it's been officially released with the studio's blessing and with all the I's dotted and T's crossed.

- Alan.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

I think the chances of SCI FI picking it up are extremely high. They know that the franchise is one of their top producers, and an individual series can only go on for so long before it gets too expensive to keep making.

While we would of course love to see Atlantis go 10 years, it will be a pretty old show by the end of Season Five. SCI FI is no doubt looking for what it will be airing when Atlantis's day is over, and I'd be stunned if one of their ideas is, "Hey, what if we have NO Stargate!"
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I think the chances of SCI FI picking it up are extremely high. They know that the franchise is one of their top producers, and an individual series can only go on for so long before it gets too expensive to keep making.

While we would of course love to see Atlantis go 10 years, it will be a pretty old show by the end of Season Five. SCI FI is no doubt looking for what it will be airing when Atlantis's day is over, and I'd be stunned if one of their ideas is, "Hey, what if we have NO Stargate!"
        It's funny you say that. Those comments from Howe who is now the president are going through my head. He said Stargate is important to SCI FI and he does not see the network without Stargate. It's a good sign that SGA's ratings have upticked. Hopefully the trend will continue and they will have a very successful season finale. As per SGA's longevity, I would like to see it go to a 7th or 8th Season, that would be perfect.
        sigpic

Comment

I treat Stargate : Worlds as an half-official "spin-off", what will help to get new viewers for the franchise, so Universe and Atlantis will be stronger. Maybe I am too optimistic, but I can see a fourth and fifth SG series in 2012 and 2015.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Stargate Worlds will be a spin off in a sense, I know the story arcs in the game will be considered canon...

Comment

There were gossips that SG:U and SG:W will have an interactive relationship, so some events, races and NPCs will appear in the new series and the worlds from the newest episodes will be available for players as weekly or monthly patches in the SG:W game. If it happens, that will be a stargate multimedia heaven for fans. I think SG will be the only MMORPG, which has an active, non canceled live-action series pair on TV.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I doubt that will happen for a while, as far as I know the game is set in season 5 onward...

Comment

Yes, you are right, but it is not impossible. Maybe they will make expansions in every year: Atlantis in 2009, Ori (=season 9-10) in 2010, Universe in 2011 etc.

Comment

D#mn Google. Guys, this is an unpublished article that we were working on before the writer's strike, but were asked to hold off on publishing for the time being. We have an internal development environment, and this was apparently copied incomplete to the live server by accident.

I'd ask that you please refrain from discussing the contents. Everything is subject to change, and we don't want to incur the wrath of the studio when a search engine accidentally turned up something that wasn't supposed to exist yet.

My apologies, and thanks for your cooperation.
                    Uh oh...ok Darren, get those damage-control teams on stand by, because somebody (not me!!) has already posted that link on Joe Mallozzi's blog.

Comment

well, the link now comes up a 404 error

if the person c/p the contents, then it's up to that poster or Joe to remove it
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

No, he/she just posted the link.

Although it stands to reason that JM did click the link and read the contents, otherwise he wouldn't have approved the comment.

Comment

well, the link is now dead

I just clicked on it and got the 'oops' place holder
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yikes! Sucks about the leak... I read it and am excited, but don't worry Darren, my lips are sealed!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I thought there wasn't a strike in Canada and the unions were only American Unions thus escluvily affecting American shows. But i see what you are getting at better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

The page was killed around 3:30 or 4 p.m. Eastern time, so there was a very small window where the link was known and actually worked. Thanks for the head's up, though!
                                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Working...
                                X