Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
    how cool would it be if Universe has some super bad-ass aliens enslave universe and kill most of the Sg-teams including Cameron, Teal'c and maybe Vala? Say Atlantis found a way to seal the galxay and confine gate travel to within Pegasus for some reason. Daniel has massed together a rag-tag resistance to topple the evil alien empire and constantly has to travel to different planets and galaxies.
    that sounds, to me - and it is my opinion, and i am entitled to my own opinion - like a very, very bad idea... it also contains contradictions: how can daniel travel to different galaxies if gate travel is confined to pegasus?
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

maybe htis new series will finally restart the ethic discussion from sg-1
      btw:sangraal=surface to godmissile

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
        that sounds, to me - and it is my opinion, and i am entitled to my own opinion - like a very, very bad idea... it also contains contradictions: how can daniel travel to different galaxies if gate travel is confined to pegasus?
        that's not what i meant. i meant the no one from out side galaxies can dial into the pegasus galaxy. but the more i think about it does sound pretty dumb. but hey, we all come up with dumb ideas at one point or another.
        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
          Well, that writers strike does not do much to SG: Atlantis, most of the writers are on the Writers Guild of Canada, however, I do believe Brad Wright is the man for the third series -- maybe I am wrong -- and he is part of that writers strike, so yea. It's possible that some work is being done, but if Brad is heading it you can forget it.

(I just wanted to clarify for anyone who is worried we will stop seeing new SGA's...because I don't think the show will be effected. Could be wrong, though.)
          I hope we see more, they can always hire more writers but it just wouldn't be the same. How long do you think the strike will last?
          Best quotes ever:
          O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
          Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
          Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
          Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
          Thor:I like the yellow ones
          O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
            I hope we see more, they can always hire more writers but it just wouldn't be the same. How long do you think the strike will last?
            They should hire more writers.

New writers

fresh writers.

Make it required that they have to see every Sg eppie twice

Go Green

Comment

that's not what i meant. i meant the no one from out side galaxies can dial into the pegasus galaxy. but the more i think about it does sound pretty dumb. but hey, we all come up with dumb ideas at one point or another.
              hey, i appreciate your clarification... it makes a little more sense now...

next question though, how would daniel get back in?

Comment

hey, i appreciate your clarification... it makes a little more sense now...

next question though, how would daniel get back in?
                what do you mean? get into the series? i thought they said they wanted daniel to be the main character.
                sigpic

Comment

So, the third show is basically "shelved" for the moment because of the strike?

Vala,

Comment

what do you mean? get into the series? i thought they said they wanted daniel to be the main character.
                    HOOOOLLLLYYYYY SHNIKIES...

do you even read your own posts?

if daniel gated OUT of pegasus, which is allowed by your post, how would he be able to gate back INTO pegasus, which is prohibited by your post?

seriously, dude, pay attention to what youre posting....

and to the other poster, SGA is continuing as, i believe, it is staffed by canadian writers who are not part of the WGA... might be the same for SGU, i'm not certain though

Comment

HOOOOLLLLYYYYY SHNIKIES...

do you even read your own posts?

if daniel gated OUT of pegasus, which is allowed by your post, how would he be able to gate back INTO pegasus, which is prohibited by your post?

seriously, dude, pay attention to what youre posting....

and to the other poster, SGA is continuing as, i believe, it is staffed by canadian writers who are not part of the WGA... might be the same for SGU, i'm not certain though
                      I NEVER SAID HE'D GET BACK INTO PEGASUS ! do you know how to read? what makes you think he'd go into pegasus? i said he'd go to OTHER galaxies
                      sigpic

Comment

I NEVER SAID HE'D GET BACK INTO PEGASUS ! do you know how to read? what makes you think he'd go into pegasus? i said he'd go to OTHER galaxies
                        *cough*ancient database*cough*largest and most vast collection of intergalactic knowledge in the known universe*cough*reason for daniel to go back to pegasus*cough*

or just how about, it sounds like, but is not necessarily, a stupid idea...

Comment

*cough*ancient database*cough*largest and most vast collection of intergalactic knowledge in the known universe*cough*reason for daniel to go back to pegasus*cough*

or just how about, it sounds like, but is not necessarily, a stupid idea...
                          ok, he could have plenty of reason to go to Pegasus, but not have the ability to go back, that could be one of the story arcs in fact, him trying to find a way to get to pegasus without a gate or the advanced ships earth used to have. (the ships were destroyed going by my earlier post)
                          sigpic

Comment

ok, he could have plenty of reason to go to Pegasus, but not have the ability to go back, that could be one of the story arcs in fact, him trying to find a way to get to pegasus without a gate or the advanced ships earth used to have. (the ships were destroyed going by my earlier post)
                            well, daniel would then have to find another intergalactic ship, or build one, or build a supergate... not much of a storyarc there... especially if the universe is enslaved bc that would require a ginormous army meaning soldier everywhere... you'll notice that neither the goa'uld nor the wraith nor the ori ever allowed a civilization to advance that much because then they would become a threat... since this race of yours would be vastly more powerful than those 3, the same kind of repression would most likely happen... making it incredibly difficult for daniel to build an intergalactic ship, even if he were to hide it...

and you can't exactly hide a supergate...

anyone got any other ideas for SGU?

Comment

well, daniel would then have to find another intergalactic ship, or build one, or build a supergate... not much of a storyarc there... especially if the universe is enslaved bc that would require a ginormous army meaning soldier everywhere... you'll notice that neither the goa'uld nor the wraith nor the ori ever allowed a civilization to advance that much because then they would become a threat... since this race of yours would be vastly more powerful than those 3, the same kind of repression would most likely happen... making it incredibly difficult for daniel to build an intergalactic ship, even if he were to hide it...

and you can't exactly hide a supergate...

anyone got any other ideas for SGU?
                              i was thinking he actually steals a ship. but yeah i do agree this probably won't happen. and yes my idea is pretty dumb, i just felt the erge to clarify it.
                              sigpic

Comment

New line of thought:

forget the format of the series... how about what the format of the enemy(ies) and other races we (aka the earth personnel out there in the galaxy/universe) will encounter will be like...

in SG1, the goa'uld, and asgard were modeled after earth's ancient mythologies... the asgard being norse, and the goa'uld egyptian, and later greek, babylonian, et al
                                the ancients followed arthurian legend and a little bit of roman (Janus, builder of roads)
                                and the Ori can be said to be modeled on the Roman Catholic Church during the Dark Ages... (the whole "convert or burn" mentality (as a note, i am a catholic, so don't get on me for being anti-catholic... i'm catholic, but not blind))

in SGA, the alien races became your standard science fiction ones - aka devoid of any link to earthen myths... wraith were insect-human hybrids... the asurans/replicators = cyborgs... genii = human... etc...
                                and the ancients in SGA lost any and all arthurian legend (except for the SG1 crossovers) and janus was mentioned only once.... so they became another standard scifi race - advanced human

so what do you all think the MAIN aliens of SGU will be like (aka top 3 or 4 races/civilizations)?

will there be other human races like the genii, athosians or alterans
                                will there be creatures like the wraith, goa'uld or tok'ra
                                will there be hyper-advanced humans like the asgard

will they follow any sort of nomenclature format or cultural model, like asgard = norse, goa'uld = egyptian... (which i personally believe to be what made SG1 so great and what SGA failed to succeed with)

Comment

Working...
                                X