Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MacCarron View Post
    And truth be told, it takes a fanboy to say that SGU wasn't just "barely ok" from the beginning.
    And you genuinely believe that nonsense? I'm afraid you couldn't be far wider of the mark.

Comment

To me SGU sucked HARD when compared to SG1 and SGA, but I watched it nonetheless hoping it would get better as it was coming along. It didn't. Can't really blame anyone that stopped watching it after 3 episodes. It was different from SGA and SG1, and a lot of people might not have liked the differences (I didn't). It is only logical not to watch something you do not like. Anyone with less patience and faith in the show can't really be called a hater, unless you are one of ye olde blind fanboyz. And truth be told, it takes a fanboy to say that SGU wasn't just "barely ok" from the beginning.
      I'm a huge SG fan...and I thought SGU stunk royally in the beginning...
      sigpic

Comment

I'm an SG fan and thought it was awesome from Air to Gauntlet
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

And I'm also a huge SG fan and loved SGU from the start. Not that it matters, but hey, gotta show my support and illustrate that although a number of SG fans may think SGU sucked in the beginning, doesn't mean it did for all of us.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            And I'm also a huge SG fan and loved SGU from the start. Not that it matters, but hey, gotta show my support and illustrate that although a number of SG fans may think SGU sucked in the beginning, doesn't mean it did for all of us.
            Oh I agree...some people liked it from the beginning. Others, like me, grew to like the show as it progressed.
            sigpic

Comment

I loved SGU from the beginning, and I was a huge fan of the Stargates that came before it. There is a diversity of opinion on all of this, as there is a diversity of fans.

If it makes you all feel better, now we have no more new shows to bitterly fight over.
              sigpic
              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                I loved SGU from the beginning, and I was a huge fan of the Stargates that came before it. There is a diversity of opinion on all of this, as there is a diversity of fans.

If it makes you all feel better, now we have no more new shows to bitterly fight over.
                I'm sure we can find SOMETHING to fight about!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  I'm sure we can find SOMETHING to fight about!
                  So true!

But no more shows. Am sad.

Can't we just have a few more episodes of SGU? And then a nice SGA miniseries, so that I know what happens to the Wraith and Pegasus and Atlantis? And then, a nice movie for SG-1, some sort of final hurrah, and . . .

Sorry, went off again. I'm losing it!
                  sigpic

Comment

Well JM didn't really dive too deep into what he wanted to do if there was a season 3 of SGU. Just more talk of why he thought there would be a third season, why he thought it could serve as a series finale, and asks some questions as to things left hanging, but with no answers.

I don't know if it's because MGM wouldn't let him talk about it, or that he just doesn't want to go into it.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                      And you genuinely believe that nonsense? I'm afraid you couldn't be far wider of the mark.
                      Yes, I do believe that as a Sci-Fi show it is barely ok. It is completely different from SG1, SGA, BSG, Farscape, Firefly, Star Trek etc etc. Different as is "wrong", at least to me. And apparently to A LOT of people. I don't agree with the logic "if many think X, then it must be X", but in this case imho it applies quite well. In fact, I think this is most likely the first "Sci-Fi" show ever to push so many fans away. As far as I'm concerned: not enough exploration, not enough alien species (2+1 of robots in 2 years?), too ridiculous "alien-tech savviness" (yes, compared to SG1 and SGA it's ridiculous, like when they get the drone on board and in a split second they apparently have access to its source code and understand it just fine. I mean...in SG1 and SGA at least there is some database filled with a load of knowledge about it, some alien dude that knows it or has been studying it for centuries, it's something they have seen before, they have the knowledge to operate it downloaded into someone's brain or it takes them weeks, not 15 seconds.), too many deus ex machina, and above all too much touchy feely mumbo jumbo.

I agree, "technically" space exploration would most likely be boring, empty and shipmates feelings towards each other would be a very important focus of a trip, but that's not the "conventional" SciFi way (of course I'm not saying it should be 0% feelings and characters development, SG1 and SGA had both, but in the right amounts --> not an overwhelming amount). As in "not what SciFi fans want to watch". If I want boring emptiness I'll stare at a wall, if I want to watch feelings on a tv screen....I almost never do, if I want to see sex.. .
                      I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say, english is not my first language.

Comment

I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say, english is not my first language.
                        Oh we do, but allow me to paraphrase for you. "I didn't like the show, and think my opinion of it should be gospel for everyone." There, that's much neater, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          Oh we do, but allow me to paraphrase for you. "I didn't like the show, and think my opinion of it should be gospel for everyone." There, that's much neater, isn't it?
                          It is like Cliff Notes for Gateworld. You should do this for all long posts.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                            It is like Cliff Notes for Gateworld. You should do this for all long posts.
                            I'm happy to offer this service to all of Gateworld. With extra snark for free.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                              Thank you for making that clear...I was confuzzed for a bit!
                              sigpic

Comment

I've watched all episodes and I wasn't really hooked somewhere in season 1. After the story was introduced and they got on the ship it seemed dull. All I remember is that they spent too much time on the kino and introducing everyone. I feel as if season 1 was just about that. Recently SGU got much better for me and now I want it to continue. I just watched s2e20 on youtube (dvr had e19, thought it was over this week) and I have to say the ending of this can't be the end. When Young and Telford are saying g'bye Telford says we're not giving up on you guys and we'll be here (after 3 years) etc. Then the pods and Eli and everything being so unended reads like a message from the producers saying it's not over. Call it wishful thinking if you want but that's what I see, and want.

I discovered SG kinda late. I think SGA S5 was out and done when I started watching SG-1. When I started I didn't stop, I watched everything including the movies and all seasons of SG-1 and SGA. SGU is different, or was too different in the beginning. In season 2 things really kinda settled in and balanced out and made me WANT to watch SGU instead of just keeping up with it. If another network doesn't take it on then I hope to see another kind of continuation as there is so much left to make of the already awesome franchise.

Comment

Working...
                                X