Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
    I really would love to know just how strong the Lucian Alliance has gotten. It is a real shame that we may never know more.
    This is true...
    sigpic

Comment

Show your support for #SGU and vote @MGM_Studios for the #television shorty awards.

http://shortyawards.com/
      sigpic

Comment

In the latest relevant SGU news:
        My Season 1 Blu-ray arrived today! On my birthday! Hoorayness! BAGllelujah!
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          In the latest relevant SGU news:
          My Season 1 Blu-ray arrived today! On my birthday! Hoorayness! BAGllelujah!
          Happy Birthday - enjoy your season 1 re-viewing!
          sigpic
          Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

hal ehrlich writes: “In the past (SG1 and Atlantis) when someone would walk through the gate we would see a short little scene where you saw a wormhole and then they appeared to come out of the new gate.
            Now when someone walks through the gate you hear a little noise for a split second then they appear to come through the other gate.
            Did you decide not to do the wormhole scene since these gates dont travel too far compared to the gates in the Mikly Way and Pegasus galaxies ?”

Answer: No, I think it was simply a stylistic choice intended to diffentiate the look and feel of the shows.

Quade writes: “Do you think syfy might be sitting on the remaining episodes of SGU to drum up publicity and viewership? And if so, do you think it could help in getting a renewal or pickup elsewhere?”

Answer: No and unlikely.

Michael writes: “Will we see the Ancients in some form, either human or ascended in the back half of season 2?”

Answer: Nope.

g.o.d. writes: “if SGU gets another season, movies, miniseries or whatever the plan is, will we find out who the Planet builders are and why did they build Eden? And the nature of the obelisk?”

Answer: That was the plan if we had gotten that third season pick up.

asdasdg writes: “Destiny has a subspace link with all the seed ships so is it possible that one or two could have retraced steps to come rescue Destiny while it was being attacked by the Blueberry Aliens only to reach Destiny when it is fighting the Drone Command Ship?”

Answer: No because the seed ships are so far out in advance of Destiny that they would never get there in time to offer assistance.

asdasdg also writes: “Why didn’t the Seed Ship have a lockout on the navigational controls like Destiny did with the master code?”

Answer: The seed ships don’t contain the valuable data Destiny possesses. Liken them to bees. Destiny is the queen. The seed ships are the worker bees.

Ian Z. also writes: “You said that you guys would handle it better, and that’s obvious because I’m an outsider. My question was what you thought of it? Have you guys been doing this stuff? Or are you also an outsider?”

Answer: Trust me when I say that every possibility is being looked into.

max writes: “Was the plan all along from the conception of the series to kill off the potential girlfriend of Eli ,and also Simon the villan?Or was that done later on due to budget concerns?”

Answer: Nope, that was always the plan.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...arjorie-m-liu/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

strange, I also asked if the obelisk isn't some sort of beacon alerting the planet builders in case someone arrives on the Eden
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Another reason to be sad about the cancellation, was really hoping to find out more about the planet builders.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                  Another reason to be sad about the cancellation, was really hoping to find out more about the planet builders.
                  Not to mention TJ flashback clips that got left out from "The Hunt", and were shelved to be used in the future. That's even bigger downer for me.

I'm still hopeful...
                  sigpic

Comment

dioxholster writes: “Joe, if SGU ever gets a third season on a different network, what will be the compromises we will have to live with if there will be any?”

Answer: A third season would be ideal, but the longest of longshots. Any consideration of possible compromises would be meaningless conjecture at this point and serve no purpose.

dioxholster also writes: “Back then the plan was five seasons, but in all honesty were you guys ever willing to stretch it a bit for another extra season or two?”

Answer: Again, no point in considering far-fetched scenarios. I will say that, at the time we were in production, we were always focused on the season at hand, comfortable in the knowledge that we did have an ending for the series in mind.

dioxholster also writes: “And during the brainstorm phases, was there any talks of a spin-off in the future had SGU been successful or was SGU planned to be the final stargate show?”

Answer: There was never any talk of another spin-off.

mrmichaelt also writes: “Mortal Kombat just got greenlit for a 10 episode Internet-based webi-series. Are webi-series a possibility for SGU’s future (i.e. posting new episodes on MGM’s SGU website like how they currently do with full episodes of season 2, featurettes, the Kino webisodes, blogs, fan question submissions)?”

Answer: A webseries is not an option.

Casey Clubb writes: “I’m curious about Colonel Young’s use of reading glasses which started toward the end of the first season, was there any particular significance to that?”

Answer: Not that I can recall. I believe it was something Louis wanted to add to the character.

paloosa writes: “Will the ratings on the second half of SGU have any effect on whatever decisions are being made now for SGU? And if David Hewlett’s episode “Seizure” significantly increases the ratings, would that have any impact in reviving an SGA movie?”

Answer: Unfortunately, no to both.

Josh writes: “Hey Joe, I was just wondering if any of the cast from SG-1 or SGA are going to be in any of the episodes of the back half of season 2?”

Answer: No. Only Seizure.

Laurence Stachow writes: “I heared someone talking about buying the DVD’s and Downloads from like ITUNES but will this really help?”

Answer: It certainly helps to keep the franchise viable and informs the studio that Stargate remains a sound investment.

MNP writes: “But in SGU there seemed to be a very… spiritual… tone to the characters. The whole attitude to the universe itself seemed different, more I guess mystical and willing to see things as simply beyond comprehension. Was this due to the situation? Was it just these particular characters? Was this a conscious decision for the show or did it just develop organically?”

Answer: I’d say all of the above. SG-1 and Atlantis were more high adventure shows where the humor took precedence over moments of introspection. That’s not to say the shows weren’t serious (the stakes were always big and both series dealt with their fair share of tragedy), only that they were more fun and lighter in tone. Universe was darker and, as a result, offered more opportunity to explore more solemn aspects of our characters.

pjt writes: “What do you think about the tone of the show in retrospect? To me it looks like it was a great idea, back then when you started, to have a grittier, more realistic and dark Stargate show, but the then global crisis hit, people lost their jobs or had them in jeopardy, had to cut corners, and just couldn’t find the strength to get involved with the problems of TV characters on a weekly basis. They instead looked for easy entertainment like Eureka and Warehouse 13, even Sanctuary for their hour of escapism.”

Answer: I enjoyed the show’s darker tone. At the end of the day, you can spend fruitless hours second-guessing yourself but the truth is that if studios and networks knew for sure what audiences wanted, the prime time television schedule would be stacked with nothing but hit shows.

Lyle writes: “2) When will we know about the fate of SGU (or the Stargate series itself)? You’ve been teasing it for several weeks now! Any time-line?”

Answer: No timeline. Sooner is always better of course.

Joa writes: “Will we be seing the SGC in season 2 ? Does Louis Ferreira speaks Portuguese?”

Answer: No and yes. Check out the Louis vid in this post: November 3, 2010: Production Update! Stargate Pics! More of that Q&A with Louis Ferreira!

levent writes: “1. Aren’t there any ancient medical devices or hand weapons on board Destiny designed by Ancients? TJ should not suffer that much as a medic!”

Answer: Check out the back of season 2.

“2. Will (would ) we see Destiny’s exact location in relation to earth, some number of light years etc? Will we have detailed specs of the ship (speed etc)?”

Answer: Nope. Nothing so specific onscreen.

“3 – This is pretty streching but is there any chance Tauri would ally with Langara for use of their Naquadria to dial Destiny?”

Answer: See Seizure.

“4 – Is it safe to assume Rush and Young will have a more stabilised relationship from now on?”

Answer: It isn’t safe to assume anything when Rush is involved.

Scott_land writes: “I know Destiny is way the heck out in space but is there any chance that we might see something more dealing with the Furling or Ancient people (if there is a third season)? Could a couple from either group have struck out on their own a long time ago that we might see them now?”

Answer: All possibilities.
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...other-mailbag/
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

If a 3rd Season is a longshot then I really don't understand what their plans for the future of SGU are...

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
                        If a 3rd Season is a longshot then I really don't understand what their plans for the future of SGU are...
                        If S3 really is such a longshot, then maybe miniseries. I'd rather have that than a movie.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                          If S3 really is such a longshot, then maybe miniseries. I'd rather have that than a movie.
                          A miniseries or 13 episode Season 3 seem pretty similar, I don't see how the former is likely to happen if the show being picked up is a such a longshot.

I'd rather have a miniseries too, I just really don't see what their plan is.

Comment

Originally posted by YoshiKart64 View Post
                            A miniseries or 13 episode Season 3 seem pretty similar, I don't see how the former is likely to happen if the show being picked up is a such a longshot.

I'd rather have a miniseries too, I just really don't see what their plan is.
                            A mini-series would only be about 4 or 5 hours in length. Where as 13 episodes would be quite a bit longer. At this point...I'll take what I can get!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              A mini-series would only be about 4 or 5 hours in length. Where as 13 episodes would be quite a bit longer. At this point...I'll take what I can get!
                              You might be able to do quite a bit with a miniseries - maybe not give SGU the ending that we all would really love, and tie up all the loose threads, but something reasonable.

I, too, will take whatever I can get.
                              sigpic
                              Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                                You might be able to do quite a bit with a miniseries - maybe not give SGU the ending that we all would really love, and tie up all the loose threads, but something reasonable.

I, too, will take whatever I can get.
                                Has anyone got this bit of news. Leaves me hopeful. I am praying it comes back. Mini-Series would be awesome too bro

http://www.atvtoday.co.uk/index.php?...ci-fi&Itemid=5

Comment

Working...
                                X