Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right now with no sg i just started watching BSG.I'm trying real hard not to compare it with sg but its mighty hard......i miss real space battles........these on bsg look like jim henson type stuff(muppets).ok so i got a sugeestion for everyone.......if u got an old aunt or something who gonna leave u money ask for it now so we can finance sgu........me i got no aunt so i worked out a mathematical formula to hit the jackpot.wen i do win it we gonna have sgn...(stargate network.lol...

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
      right now with no sg i just started watching BSG.I'm trying real hard not to compare it with sg but its mighty hard......i miss real space battles........these on bsg look like jim henson type stuff(muppets).ok so i got a sugeestion for everyone.......if u got an old aunt or something who gonna leave u money ask for it now so we can finance sgu........me i got no aunt so i worked out a mathematical formula to hit the jackpot.wen i do win it we gonna have sgn...(stargate network.lol...
      How are you comparing BSG to muppets? That makes absolutely no sense in my mind. Are you talking about original BSG or Re-Imagined BSG?
      "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
      - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

I'm up for a trip to a universe where SGU is not cancelled. I'll bring the taffy!
        [edit] (I generally call her Altlivia in my head.)
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

J Whitt let me rephrase......i'm watching the new bsg(re-imagined) i'm trying to say that the space battles look childish so i compared it to a child's show.when i watch sg1 even from 98' the battles and ships look more realistic to me.i do like bsg don't get me wrong i was just expecting the cgi to be off the chains as it came out around the same time with sga.i love all the sg shows and to me they set the bar for scifi shows.I am just getting into bsg and i really like the conflict and drama on board because when you think about it...humans are their own worst enemy......ok i said enough now let me kno if i fracked up again.lol

Comment

J Whitt let me rephrase......i'm watching the new bsg(re-imagined) i'm trying to say that the space battles look childish so i compared it to a child's show.when i watch sg1 even from 98' the battles and ships look more realistic to me.i do like bsg don't get me wrong i was just expecting the cgi to be off the chains as it came out around the same time with sga.i love all the sg shows and to me they set the bar for scifi shows.I am just getting into bsg and i really like the conflict and drama on board because when you think about it...humans are their own worst enemy......ok i said enough now let me kno if i fracked up again.lol
            Childish? In what way? The disorderly chaos that is the space battles? Or is it something else? I'm actually wanting to know not just asking questions.

Comment

I told you before, don't take any drugs.

childish battles in BSG. What else can I expect on this forum?
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                I told you before, don't take any drugs.

childish battles in BSG. What else can I expect on this forum?
                Soap Opera in space
                sigpic

Comment

It' basically the chaos during battles.its real hard to follow the battles when they jumping all over the place.the pilots never seem to have this sense of danger ....they always goofing off during battles and making light of the situation.I just seen Exodus part 2 and the battles were more focused and i enjoyed it.
                  g.o.d i was hitting that ambrosia mixed with cassa ........i tried to put some hair on my chest but ended up writing crap instead.forgive me.

Comment

One question about SGU I was discussing SGU Season 2 with some of my friends and the question is:
                    Why is earth so worried about the lucian alliance attack on earth when we have five F-304 battle cruisers armed with asgard beam weapons, nukes and what ever else, plus atlantis with the drone from atlantis and the antarctic outpost (assuming that you can port over control of the outpost to the chair in atlantis), and numerous 302's.

PS we all know that the beam weapons can take out an ori mothership with three or four shots so surely the fleet can swat a few Hat'ak class motherships like flies

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny 2.0 View Post
                      One question about SGU I was discussing SGU Season 2 with some of my friends and the question is:
                      Why is earth so worried about the lucian alliance attack on earth when we have five F-304 battle cruisers armed with asgard beam weapons, nukes and what ever else, plus atlantis with the drone from atlantis and the antarctic outpost (assuming that you can port over control of the outpost to the chair in atlantis), and numerous 302's.

PS we all know that the beam weapons can take out an ori mothership with three or four shots so surely the fleet can swat a few Hat'ak class motherships like flies
                      If Earth is worried, then apparently even that kind of force isn't enough.
                      sigpic

Comment

It' basically the chaos during battles.its real hard to follow the battles when they jumping all over the place.the pilots never seem to have this sense of danger ....they always goofing off during battles and making light of the situation.I just seen Exodus part 2 and the battles were more focused and i enjoyed it.
                        g.o.d i was hitting that ambrosia mixed with cassa ........i tried to put some hair on my chest but ended up writing crap instead.forgive me.
                        Battle is chaos. This isn't armies on Civil War battlefields we're talking about. We're not lining up and just taking shots at each other with muskets. If I'm gonna be flying a Viper in combat with killer robots you can bet your ass I'm not gonna be making it easy for them to shoot at me.

Comment

J whitt me thinks we'll have to take this discussion to another forum before the mods ban me..so point me in the right direction so the discussion can continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            I really would love to know just how strong the Lucian Alliance has gotten. It is a real shame that we may never know more.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              But what can worry about a few lousy Ha'tak vessels Vs ships that can destroy ori ships in two shots and a city ship that fought off hive ships for hundreds of years

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny 2.0 View Post
                                But what can worry about a few lousy Ha'tak vessels Vs ships that can destroy ori ships in two shots and a city ship that fought off hive ships for hundreds of years
                                As has been discussed many times before, the LA don't need to send Hataks to do major damage to Earth. A few cloaked cargo ships or Alkesh with nukes or comparable explosives in and they could take out our major cities, or other high-profile targets. All we know is they are planning 'an attack'. Not an invasion.

Comment

Working...
                                X