Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It didn't take long to cancel The Optimist thread. Oh well we gave it a go.

Comment

No, it was a success. Forty of the best episodes of Science Fiction ever produced is a huge success, despite it being cut short.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater276 View Post
        No, it was a success. Forty of the best episodes of Science Fiction ever produced is a huge success, despite it being cut short.
        Agreed. I consider it a success just because it showed everyone who thought it wouldn't last past season one as being wrong.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Incredibly shocked. Incredibly saddened. Can't say anything more than that right now.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
          K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Syfy scifi Tuesdays are definitely a failed experiment.

Anyhow, the #StargateWrestling tag is making hilarious progress on Twitter
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
            Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
            Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
            Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
            Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
              Syfy scifi Tuesdays are definitely a failed experiment.
              warehouse 13 is laughing at your post./
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                Incredibly shocked. Incredibly saddened. Can't say anything more than that right now.
                I feel the same as you, my friend. Although I will add, screw you Syfy Channel. Thanks for canceling a great show.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Caprica and SGU. Shame.
                  ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

At least the complete series set won't be very price-y. Haha.
                    sigpic

Comment

Alas, it’s true. SyFy’s official twitter announcement confirms it. Stargate’s run on SyFy ends with SGU’s second season.

It’s disappointing but rather than dwell on the negatives, I’d prefer to focus on the positives. I had a wonderful time working on the franchise, eleven great years, and this was mainly due to all the terrific people involved, past and present: my fellow writer-producers, the directors, editors, consultants, post and production personnel, the various departments from costumes to Visual Effects and everything in between, the cast and crew, our long-time supporters at MGM and SyFy, and all the fans who took the time to watch and, occasionally, comment (especially on this blog). Thanks.

Anyway, I’ll have more to say on the subject in my next entry. [...]
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-and-stargate/
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Looking forward to it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I feel the same as you, my friend. Although I will add, screw you Syfy Channel. Thanks for canceling a great show.
                          This, my friend, is one of the times we must disagree. While I grew to like SGU...I wouldn't classify it as a great show or even the forty best episodes of science fiction as someone else put it. I am sad that Stargate isn't on television after a long run...but I'm going to be positive about it...I have faith that it'll be back.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            Caprica and SGU. Shame.
                            Yeah, I really didn't see Syfy axing both in the same season. I am very surprised.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              This, my friend, is one of the times we must disagree. While I grew to like SGU...I wouldn't classify it as a great show or even the forty best episodes of science fiction as someone else put it. I am sad that Stargate isn't on television after a long run...but I'm going to be positive about it...I have faith that it'll be back.
                              It is ok to disagree from time to time. While it wasn't as great as SG-1, and isn't in my list of Top 10 science fiction shows, I did really like it.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Thanks to everyone who has offered up their thoughts, comments, and words of support re: SGU. If this truly is the end, here’s hoping that you – the best fans in fandom – join me on my next adventure/project/mangosteen-selling venture. I know you have a slew of questions, but I won’t be able to field them until I’ve returned to Vancouver and had a chance to speak with Brad and Robert who are presently also more or less incommunicado (Rob somewhere tropical, Brad somewhere military – an aircraft carrier I think it was).
                                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...nish-desserts/
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X