Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Meh to caprica...but there are other shows I watch on the channel. If I didn't watch a channel because they took a show off...I wouldn't be able to watch any channels.
    It's not because they took away a show. It's because they took away the only thing that drew me to the channel. I haven't had a decent thing to watch on Syfy consistently since SGA and BSG both ended.
    Last edited by J-Whitt Remastered; 16 December 2010, 01:10 PM. Reason: Typo
    "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
    - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
      It's not because they took away a show. It's because they took away the only thing that drew to the channel. I haven't had a decent thing to watch on Syfy consistently since SGA and BSG both ended.
      We'll have to disagree on that...since there are other shows I watch on the channel. Honestly, I'm not surprised about SGU getting cancelled. I can't speak for others...but it took me the 1st half of season one for me to warm up to the show. Just went I actually start liking it...the plug gets pulled.
      sigpic

Comment

We'll have to disagree on that...since there are other shows I watch on the channel. Honestly, I'm not surprised about SGU getting cancelled. I can't speak for others...but it took me the 1st half of season one for me to warm up to the show. Just went I actually start liking it...the plug gets pulled.
        Sorry, meant to say "drew ME." Will fix.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Cue gloating from all the people who were just trying to convince us fans of how awful SGU is.
          Maybe I should start a dedicated gloating thread so I can more easily ignore it.
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
            Cue gloating from all the people who were just trying to convince us fans of how awful SGU is.
            Maybe I should start a dedicated gloating thread so I can more easily ignore it.
            Don't worry, there will be plenty of gloating threads to choose from soon enough, I predict . . .
            sigpic
            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

It's like poking a wounded animal with a stick.
              A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                Don't worry, there will be plenty of gloating threads to choose from soon enough, I predict . . .
                Can you blame them ? SGU fans gave SGA fans hell when SGA was cancelled for SGU. Now SGA fans are going to gloat for sure

Comment

It's kinda messed up to cancel a show the week before Christmas.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                    Can you blame them ? SGU fans gave SGA fans hell when SGA was cancelled for SGU. Now SGA fans are going to gloat for sure
                    Most SGU fans are SGA fans.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Wha? When SGA was cancelled there were no SGU fans yet.

Anyhow, looks like there won't be a zillion threads thanks to the mods being clever. (I was of course kidding about creating a gloating thread.)

And of course there's no need for 'blamestorming' threads since we already know who's fault this is.
                      Spoiler:
                      Brian!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
                      Yes, this is a joke.
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

pG15 ratings and quality do pan out. The ratings correlate strongly to SG1 and SGA fans not watching SGU.

Lt ColCarter Greer's problems were all sorted in one episode-highly unrealistic. Wasn't SGU supposed to realistic? Greer's not showing any sign of being anything other than a marine. It would be interesting to see him struggling with those issues in season two.

So the records were removed from Atlantis' datafiles, except for one reference. Doesn't mean there is not another set with Destiny's info somewhere on Atlantis. When you've half a city to explore there is plenty that you haven't discovered. Just because someone has been told to discontinue something does not mean that is what they did as we saw in SGA with the Attero device.

Eli in engineering would be an excellent place for him to stop being a total slacker.

Turning the ship towards Earth actually demonstrates Young is serious about getting them home.

Clearly my point about the Lucian Alliance went over your head. They collected legends about Destiny and set about putting together a strike team to capture the ship and scientists to unlock its secrets. Unlike Rush and co who are, as Young describes, the wrong people in the wrong place.

The information may well be Destiny's database, but until the scientists start talking about it, we, the audience, won't have a clue about any of it.

Physically Chloe has hardly changed. I don't see Scott and Armstrong having anything other than a physical relationship. In Chloe's actions towards Scott, there's no animosity. She wants him to keep his distance, but there's nothing about her actions to cause that before she knocks out the guard and goes off to do her thing in Resurgence.

With the show cancelled, there will be no shocking revelations or intriguing opportunities to come. I am not disappointed to see this show end. I hope it has not killed off the Stargate Franchise in its wake.

Comment

^this

i sadly am not really that surprised. i didn't really like season 1 and though season 2 has been much better, i have yet to find myself thinking "i want to rewatch an episode".
                          sigpic

Comment

What are you talking about? When SGA was canceled, SGU didn't exist (on film) - there weren't any SGU fans yet. SGU fans came into existence after seeing SGU, months after SGA was canceled.

Edited to clarify:

When SGA was canceled, I was an SGA fan. I didn't know if I was going to like SGU, I had NEVER SEEN SGU. So how the heck could SGU "fans" have given anyone hell? They didn't yet exist!
                            sigpic
                            Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

SGU being cancelled will now be seen as a failed experiment with the franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Derocalypse View Post
                                SGU being cancelled will now be seen as a failed experiment with the franchise.
                                I see your point but given how many shows don't get past the pilot stage let alone a season run 2 seasons doesn't seem like a failure
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X