Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
    I can see that happening. Would hopefully be a good series.
    I also see a sequal to the ark of truth coming sometime.
    Spoiler:
    Because at the end when the general told Daniel the Ark was being studied in Area 51 and Daniel was saying it needed to be destroyed or something because it could be the most powerful weapon ever used against Earth. I can just see them making a second movie about that.
    Yeah I thought exactly the same thing!!! But like at the end of the ark the ori are gone and there is an entire galaxy to explore, I know you say that the priors would tell them everything but did the priors know the whole truth about the ori and the ancients? No they didn't and I doubt the ori had the whole galaxy colonised there is bound to be plenty of planets with ruins from the ancients or maybe another alien species will see the power vacum in the ori galaxy as an opportunity (a really advanced race that isn't neccesarily from their galaxy (like the aliens from grace)
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
      Yeah I thought exactly the same thing!!! But like at the end of the ark the ori are gone and there is an entire galaxy to explore, I know you say that the priors would tell them everything but did the priors know the whole truth about the ori and the ancients? No they didn't and I doubt the ori had the whole galaxy colonised there is bound to be plenty of planets with ruins from the ancients or maybe another alien species will see the power vacum in the ori galaxy as an opportunity (a really advanced race that isn't neccesarily from their galaxy (like the aliens from grace)
      With Earth's really powerful growing fleet though they're going to have to be tougher than the Ori, which I just can't see, unless it's an enemy that's come from another galaxy. What I'd like is that Earth discovers the supergate can go to multiple galaxies, kind of like in COTG they found out our stargate could go to more places than just Abydos.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
        The Ori army could be like the Free Jaffa/ Tok'ra, and a new evil enemy (adria?) would be needed, and maybe it could be revealed that the Ori army was also fighting inside their own galaxy against human population.
        Boooorrriiinngg.

Comment

it is my opinion that none of the villains from SGA or SG1 will reprise their roles in SGU... let alone any of the other races, at least not on a regular basis.

i think we'll be looking at an entire new set of alien races from allies to villains to neutrals....

(btw, anyone miss the genii)

and i hope above all that is holy that we do not see any more replicators... they were phenomenal in SG1 and are great in SGA, but they need to stay there...

i don't think we'll hear anything about the wraith, replicators, or goa'uld... we'll hear small mentions of the asgard and maybe a few quips about the alterans... but on the whole, i think we're in for an entirely new series with new EVERYTHING except the Stargate, the SGC, and the planet earth
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I really think that the replecators will be back in it.....so far they seem to be the real scourge of the universe that will always be there in one form or another..........though I doubt they will be the primary villian but perhaps a secondary one who shows up occasionally and
            Spoiler:
            is perhaps immune to the effects of the ARG like the replecators in Ark of Truth
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

i got the most ingenious idea:
              every season of stargate universe focusses on a different war in the universe
              Season 1: replicator/asgard, before the tau'ri
              season 2: ancient wraith
              season 3:

Comment

Does anyone know 'when' this is set? I'm fairly certain I'd read that it was in the present timeline...but I haven't seen that mentioned elsewhere, so I'm not sure I've got my information correct.

It is an intriguing title in itself, though Can't wait to hear the official word on what it's going to be about

Spoiler:
                MULTI-SHIPPER, AND PROUD

My command is this: Love each other as
                I have loved you. Greater love has no man than
                this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
                - John 15:12,13

Comment

As far as I've heard (and read on Wikipedia), Stargate Universe still takes place in the present.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryk Celestis View Post
                    As far as I've heard (and read on Wikipedia), Stargate Universe still takes place in the present.
                    yes, let's quote wikipedia as a source... or not

if i recall, TPTB are the ones who stated first that it takes place in the present,
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                      i got the most ingenious idea:
                      every season of stargate universe focusses on a different war in the universe
                      Season 1: replicator/asgard, before the tau'ri
                      season 2: ancient wraith
                      season 3:
                      one arc per season would be a good idea.
                      http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
                      sigpic
                      My fics at my site
                      Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by scirev View Post
                        they did that with star trek enterprise did they?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          isnt the best bet for SGU that they go to some galaxy too far away for easy travel. something like the ori universe. try dialing this one with a zpm.......
                          and the ori used a supergate because ship travel wouldnt work well enough. so no fancy " deadalus comes in just in time due to a zpm and will save our ass". not that i dint like it. its just that we will have to spend our resources better. and i think [or better said: hope] that in SGU we will get some fancier stuff with us. couple o' 302's'. a monitoring sattelire[like the disruptor one].

3 large MK III naquadah generators, each mounted on a MALP chassis because otherwise its too heavy. each powerfull enough to power a throne chair. some x-699's in pistol/gun form. an asgard computercore replica wich is put in 6 large segments and to be put together at the other side.
                          they are in a city. on the ground, ground based, so no city ship. its in a circle form, and has a main tower, though quite a bit larger than atlantis'.
                          it has a drone superweapon[without enough drones], a shield, a zpm-room[without zpms] and 3 main power generators[ive been wondering why atlantis doesnt have them]. however earth isnt a phonecall away. thought they do have some fancy asgard technology, and the only thing they have to care about is power.the generators power the computer core, wich is integrated into the ancient city. the city has power enough to raise the shield etc. also, the city doesnt have just drones and shields: a cloak generator is found near the central shield generator. energy weapons have been placed throughout the city. along with secondary shields capable of containing diseases, explosions , etc. the team settles in. in a large room, larger than atlantis', they find a large ring, about a metre larger than a stargate, without a dialing segment. after some figuring out, they discover that it IS a stargate. but unlike conventional stargate, this one is integrated into the city. a powerfull dialing computer dials instead. it would be an insult to call the city the same as atlantis, infact its more advanced. after some digging in the mainframe, they find out why: the ancients left, and a group of advanced humans came in instead. these humans installled some fancy upgrades, and left for some unknown reason. one thing is clear: they took the ZPM's with them.
                          the city's generators are capable of powering the shield and the city. together with the MKIII they took with em, the central section of the city, some 30%, can be fully operational. 3 aurora's are found, in excelent shape.
                          4 other ships, of unspecified class, are also found, but rather damaged.
                          the team check out the region, and find 10 puddlejumpers. these too are "pimped", fitted with energy weapons. the human expedition pipms them further, fitting them with a naquahdah generator and asgard beaming technology. at the end of season 1, the computer core is completely integrated into the city mainframe. as of season 2, because of the computercore, they find something extremely fancy: a shipyard. its being repaired. with not just asgard vessels, but also all human technology in the core, along with ancient technology, they can make fancy ships. though they first make deadalus class vessels. yet making them costs awefully much power.

they meet mainly human races, many of them advanced to earth level[pre-stargate] they also meet races who are post stargate and a human/asgard [like the asgard's ancestors] race at "asgard" level. the ancients in this galaxy however, never went back. they got beated, and withdrew themselves.

they also discover gadmeer-like creatures. these, however, are the ones that attacked the ancients, because they saw em as intrudes.

human races: allies/enemy's/neutrals
                          asgard/human race: allies
                          ancients: allies/enemys/neutrals *
                          gadmeer-like race: enemys.

* with enemys i mean the nox kind of enemys: you are too young. some ancients they meet will help them, others will hide and observe or do nothing to help, and the enemys either act hostile and dont wanna help or just use superior technology to survive.

with building own ships: the ship database is erased exept for one ship: puddle jumpers. also, unless they get some zpm's, they cant make asgard ships because it takes too much time and power. instead they use blueprints for deadalus class cruisers. better said: odyssey-class cruisers.
                          the shipyard has a ship designing room.
                          I wouldnt mind seeing a ship based show, with a stargate in the hold. They could do typical gate stories but have a mobile base of operations. Sort of like wut would be possible if atlantis was fully powered and could move freely without using up all of their power.

I think some new or interesting stories could be done!

Comment

Originally posted by scirev View Post
                            3/4 an arc a season would give an epic story as well as giving ample time to building up to a big and well developed cliffhanger, leave us drooling for the next season.

Like 15 episodes of a overreaching plot followed by 5buildup for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                              I wouldnt mind seeing a ship based show, with a stargate in the hold. They could do typical gate stories but have a mobile base of operations. Sort of like wut would be possible if atlantis was fully powered and could move freely without using up all of their power.

I think some new or interesting stories could be done!

I though it was said that it wasn't going to be a shipped based show...wasn't it suppose to be at its core recognisably Stargate but not shipped based.
                              sigpic

Comment

What do you think about the thid stargate series not being a run off of the SG-1 and Atlantis series? What do you think it will be then since it is supose to be us, our time and place, but it is somehow not going to be a runoff.

Comment

Working...
                                X