Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Ok...last night's episode was pretty good. Seems like SGU is stepping it up this season. I hope it continues.
    I don't see why it shouldn't. I still have faith in TPTB.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I must of missed the heat, but it was bound to happen.
      Agreed. I'm thinking of a ratings thread that didn't get heated.

Like Linda says, I've got nothing

Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I must have missed the heat, but it was bound to happen.
        True. The only part of a ratings thread I found enjoyable and worth more than randomly slung opinions was the 'guess the next episode's rating' competition. Yeah, that doesn't speak well of my opinion of opinions, including my opinion of my opinion of opinions... eep!
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

like another poster stated the rations generally reflect the previous epiode that just aired and given the fack that Aftermath was a particularly good episode with a cliffhanger I think the ratings will pick up, well i hope so anyway

Comment

KEK writes: “Assuming the season finale is a cliffhanger, do the producers have any plan as to what they might try to do to resolve the story if the series is cancelled?”

Answer: So pessimistic! Gauntlet, episode 20, the script I’m working on will be a satisfying and surprising season finale.

Jim writes: “Kiva felt like a letdown as a villain, especially since she was not brought back for S2. Was this always the plan for Kiva to die, or because Rhona Mitra moved on to other projects and couldn’t come back?”

Answer: The decision on Kiva’s fate was made at the end of season 1.

MyNameIsNada writes: “Can we expect any more development into the Dr. Park character?”

Answer: Yes, definitely.

Simon writes: “Will there be an SGU movie or two?”

Answer: My guess is yes.

Zoomeister writes: “Why not get funding distribution to the point where that won’t matter for Syfy nor for MGM? Could you at least discuss this with the rest of the producers and with MGM, and with Syfy (way) before they make a decision on renewal?”

Answer: Let’s see how things play out before hitting the panic button. We’re only two episodes in.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...l-day-mailbag/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed View Post
              like another poster stated the rations generally reflect the previous epiode that just aired and given the fack that Aftermath was a particularly good episode with a cliffhanger I think the ratings will pick up, well i hope so anyway
              i hope so too but i really think it's because of the move to tuesday that's hurting the show but the quality of the eps
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yeah, it seems Tuesdays is even worse than Fridays. Wednesdays would probably have been better, but that's Ghost Hunters. Maybe Sundays? Sure, BSG didn't do too well in the slot, but still...Maybe SyFy can order 10 episodes for season 3, air the second half of SGU on SUndays and, if things pick up, order another 10.

Comment

I have to admit, when SGU first came on I was bored at times. But after seeing Aftermath yesterday on Space, well, I definitely see hope for the series! If they do a lot of stories with them exploring/discovering what's out there, I think it could improve the ratings.

I'm still on the fence with this series (I guess I'm not use to the style of it), but, with that said, season 2, so far, is way, WAY better then season 1 (though, the last part of season 1 picked up a bit).

The episode Aftermath definitely, so far, is the best episode I've seen in SGU.
                  There just so much there!

Looking forward to what happens.
                  There is always one.

Comment

Bailey writes: “If, and only if, SGU gets cancelled due to low ratings, how does it make any sense to make movies of that show and not the higher rated ones like SGA and SG1? If the DVD market is no good, I can’t see selling very many copies.”

Answer: Again, this is an educated guess on my part but, in the event of a worst case scenario, then it would make more sense to move forward with an SGU movie because: a) we have the actors, sets, and crew on hand and b) dvd may be suffering but the download market continues to grow.

nat also wries: “Will they be taking anything from the other ship next week? like a couple of shuttles”

Answer: The type of ship they’ll encounter doesn’t have shuttles. Doesn’t need ‘em.
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-more-mailbag/
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

David Blue was just asked what his favorite episode was (on twitter) and he said either Time or Trial And Error. Now I'm really looking forward to that ep. If he thinks it's on par with Time it's gotta be pretty **** good.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Do we know what episode number "Trial and Error" is? In other words, how long do I need to wait for it!
                        sigpic
                        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                          Do we know what episode number "Trial and Error" is? In other words, how long do I need to wait for it!
                          Yes we do thanks to the pre-airing threads.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Yes we do thanks to the pre-airing threads.
                            Ok, smarty pants, I'll go check. You could have also just said, "it's episode # ___", you know. Some of us avoid the pre-airing threads because we are limiting our spoiler exposure.

Just in case this is actually a spoiler in and of itself:
                            Spoiler:
                            Apparently, it is episode #206, so not too long a wait.

I'm sticking my tongue out at you, Jel!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                              Ok, smarty pants, I'll go check. You could have also just said, "it's episode # ___", you know. Some of us avoid the pre-airing threads because we are limiting our spoiler exposure.

Just in case this is actually a spoiler in and of itself:
                              Spoiler:
                              Apparently, it is episode #206, so not too long a wait.

I'm sticking my tongue out at you, Jel!
                              The intention was never to be a smart mouth. I just didn't remember the number the number
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                The intention was never to be a smart mouth. I just didn't remember the number the number
                                Ha! That makes me feel better, since I had forgotten that the pre-airing threads had episode numbers on them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X