Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
    As in...you eat them?

God, I'm being such a horrible person this morning!
    No kidding.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      No kidding.
      I think it's the stupid weather. It's got me depressed and crap and sometimes, I become overly-sarcastic and downright nasty when that happens.
      Here, this miracle of God should lighten things up:

Comment

Three and half minutes about some rainbow? Now, that's a miracle.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          Three and half minutes about some rainbow? Now, that's a miracle.
          It's actually a 3 and a half minute PSA on drug use...

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
            Ah, yes, hang on to those last strands of hope. It'll only add more crushing weight to your disappointment when the movies don't happen.
            Seems like it yes.
            sigpic

Comment

I felt the same thing with the baby storyline. (Yes, every topic can be related to that.)
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, it’s true! Stargate newbie Linda McGibney, a.k.a McBabe, a.k.a. McG, a.k.a. Friendo, has kindly agreed to swing on by and answer your questions. She was a bit leery at first, but I vouched for you guys. I vouched! So don’t make me look bad. Start posting your questions. And behave yourselves!

**snip**

Anyway, speaking of notes, Erika [Kennair, SyFy] informed me that an old friend will be joining her in constructively criticizing the episodes. Claire Sharood who used to provide input on Atlantis, then moved on to one of NBCUni’s other divisions (Knife Fights & Fusion Cooking I think it was, but don’t quote me), is back at SyFy with a new position. Congrats to Claire and I look forward to anguishing over her notes.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...r-secret-pics/
                sigpic
                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

When I get opinions on SGU from both sides its always SGU does not have enough action and adventure or that its about the characters and not about things blowing up. I mean stargate always had lots of action and adventure but with SGU its more of a drama than action and adventure. I mean should SGU incorporate more action and adventure in the vein of SG1 and SGA. Or should season 2 follow the same lines of season 1. To me SGU needs a lot more action and adventure to survive. The action and adventure in season 1 of SGU was not enough for my taste. I know opinions may vary on this subject or maybe this thread has been discussed before but I really think its still worth talking about when it comes to SGU. Do you think there should be more action and adventure compared to the drama of SGU in season 2 ???? Can SGU survive on drama being the majority of its program or does it need more of that classic StarGate action and adventure. Im not trying to cause any flame wars or trouble. Im new here to GateWorld. For me I think SGU needs more action and adventure. I like when things blow up, plus more crazy space battles and more close combat sequences with aliens or something. I like drama too when it is done right. Plus more adventure type missions. Oh well, what do you guys think??

Comment

I don't agree with your premise. There is plenty of adventure and plenty of suspense and intensity leaving me on the edge of my seat and loving every minute of it. Maybe that's different from action but often I found the "action" in shows like sg-1 very dull because it didn't mean anything. Killing scores of Jaffa without ever feeling that the main characters were really in any danger. I find the show is more about adventure and suspense than it is about drama. The drama is just what happens when you put people in these situations.
                    I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

SG1 and SGA action was real fun and cool to watch, making for real exciting television. It was great sci fi viewing pleasure. To me SGU needs more of that type of action or something close to it. I mean more close combat and explosions, something to get your heart pumping. Its what help keep stargate going for 15 years. I wouldn't mind seeing some members of the Destiny on a planet fighting a bunch of hostile sentient aliens. You know with lots of shooting and explosions and all that stuff. It would be fun viewing pleasure.

Comment

I'd rather have something to mess with my head, make me think. Cool explosions would be great from time to time, but I want something more - for the lack of better word - complex from my tv show.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skiznot View Post
                          *snip*Killing scores of Jaffa without ever feeling that the main characters were really in any danger.*snip*
                          Do you REALLY think that any of the main crew members on SGU are in danger? Do you really think that any of them will be killed off in any permanent way? If SG-1 and SGA has taught any fan anything it's that the characters will be back one way or another when these guys are at the helm.
                          "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                          - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Derocalypse View Post
                            SG1 and SGA action was real fun and cool to watch, making for real exciting television. It was great sci fi viewing pleasure. To me SGU needs more of that type of action or something close to it. I mean more close combat and explosions, something to get your heart pumping. Its what help keep stargate going for 15 years. I wouldn't mind seeing some members of the Destiny on a planet fighting a bunch of hostile sentient aliens. You know with lots of shooting and explosions and all that stuff. It would be fun viewing pleasure.
                            Thats kind of mindless. Action is fun but you also need stories that make you think. SGU is trying to do more of the latter since SG1 did the former. Their were definitly times did the latter but a lot times it was just action
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Derocalypse View Post
                              Are you seriously telling me that after 15 seasons, the action in SGA still got your heart pumping? Seriously? I'll admit, it had its fair share of cool moment, just like SG-1, but most of the action in the later years of the franchise was tedious. It was simply going through the motions.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Thats kind of mindless. Action is fun but you also need stories that make you think. SGU is trying to do more of the latter since SG1 did the former. Their were definitly times did the latter but a lot times it was just action
                                Well of course yeah, you need stories but what if the story calls for members of the Destiny crew to be on a hostile planet with a hostile race and they have to fight it out. Like maybe there is something on that planet they might need or want or maybe they need to escape from a planet with hostile beings. I don't know but it sure would be fun to watch. Plus there could be plenty of stories to make in that scenario. Just that it would be a crazy situation. I think SGU could and would benefit from having some situation like that or something similar. If its mindless action then whatever, I think it would be fun to see. SGU could benefit from having some SG1 and SGA style action.

Comment

Working...
                                X