Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate Universe" Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    We chatted about his 24:Remeption role, and how I wished he made it into the actual season. He laughed and I said, I guess with "24" you have a 50/50 chance of surving, and those odds are not even that good, lol.
    Thanks for the snippet I think I am glad that he was not in the Season of 24, although he played a good character in the Redemption movie, but not really my kind of show.
    sigpic

Comment

24 seems kind of below Cartyle's acting talent
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Could say the same about Carlyle in a Stargate series.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
          Could say the same about Carlyle in a Stargate series.
          Blasphemy. Stargate as shown in Universe is well on par of Cartyle's acting
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Blasphemy. Stargate as shown in Universe is well on par of Cartyle's acting
            Hear, hear! If Carlyle didn't think SGU could challenge him as an actor he wouldn't have signed up to it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Agree with jelgate.
              If the Oscars would be a fair game, Robert Carlyle would have got as many nominations as Meryl Streep, IMO
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                Agree with jelgate.
                If the Oscars would be a fair game, Robert Carlyle would have got as many nominations as Meryl Streep, IMO
                Award shows have been rigged since day one.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Award shows have been rigged since day one.
                  I could name you this years Emmy, SGA, Golden Globe winners and next years Oscar nominees, just like that. That how the things work every year. The whole jury should get fired!
                  sigpic

Comment

link022 writes: “1 Is destiny looks like the ships before oris and ancients part”

Answer: That’s a safe assumption.

“2 Shall have we the opportunity to see one of them”

Answer: Hmmmm. I’m going to go with “no comment”.

“3 Is it possible the database of atlantis Could contain the solution of return to earth for the destiny (we have translated everything yet)?”

Answer: Possible but unlikely. It’s more a power issue than specific strategy.

ytimynona writes: “Hey Joe, when does the hiatus end?”

Answer: Production resumes next week.

“Ancient communication stones. Does the terminal have the opportunity not only exchange the bodies, but also to transmit data, for example, text information, drawings, reports?”

Answer: No, it doesn’t.

“How did the Ancients themselves plan to get on the Destiny? Is there a specially equipped place, which could, if found, to use the earthlings?”

Answer: Presumably they possessed a power source capable of getting them aboard.

Adaminator1 writes: “1.What 3D Program are the Visual Effects created in? I just wanted to know, because i’m learning Lightwave3D which is a pretty cool 3D app!”

Answer: Not sure. This is a question for VFX Supervisor Mark Savela. I’ll ask him when I’m back in the office – and happen to remember.

E writes: “If you had given the pregnancy storyline to some other female character instead of TJ – as it was originally planned – would’ve the outcome still been the same?”

Answer: No. The pregnancy storyline was originally planned for a minor character in the episode Faith. When Alaina became pregnant, we excised the storyline from the episode and gave T.J.’s pregnancy a more significant arc through the back half of season one.

Major D. Davis writes: “1. When do you resume filming of season 2?”

Answer: Next week.

“3) Any chance of getting Robert Carlyle to do a Q&A?”

Answer: It’s possible. I’ll have to ask him.

“5) Will we be seeing an AU storyline in SGU sometime?”

Answer: The magic 8 Ball says “Signs point to yes.”.

“2. Do you have any plans to appear yourself as a cameo in SGU? Or have you been in there before and we only didn’t see you? “

Answer: No plans to make a cameo. I’m holding out for a much meatier guest role.
                    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-pics-mailbag/
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Ancient communication stones. Does the terminal have the opportunity not only exchange the bodies, but also to transmit data, for example, text information, drawings, reports?”

Good to have that one confirmed!
                      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        RC is awesome. I had the chance to just chat with him off the record. Really cool guy. We are hoping to get him on a Q&A with SyFy.com.
                        Name dropper ...

Comment

He's good friends with Keifer Sutherland due to the movie they did together (To End All Wars). The story is that Sutherland rang, asked him to do it, and said he'd mind RC's kids if he did. RC's response was that he'd do 24 if Sutherland didn't mind his kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                            Ancient communication stones. Does the terminal have the opportunity not only exchange the bodies, but also to transmit data, for example, text information, drawings, reports?”

Good to have that one confirmed!
                            Wait, didn't they have a picture of Keva right before the LA invasion when O'Neill and Young confronted the traitor? And how exactly did they transfer the program they were using to make the Destiny dial out during a recharge? Wasn't there a whole program they had to write to get Destiny to dial while charging the cells? Wasn't that the whole reason Rush got them off the ship was by making adjustments to the program so it would "almost overload"?

I also don't buy anything stated by TPTB about "this is how it works". In SGA we told told time and time again by the same people that Carsons return would NOT be a clone. Believe nothing you hear until you see it on the screen and it is said on the air.

Comment

Destiny's hat is a bird, your argument is valid!
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
                                Wait, didn't they have a picture of Keva right before the LA invasion when O'Neill and Young confronted the traitor?
                                No. You're thinking of the scene where Daniel was showing that picture to Young and O'Neill in the latter's office.

And how exactly did they transfer the program they were using to make the Destiny dial out during a recharge? Wasn't there a whole program they had to write to get Destiny to dial while charging the cells? Wasn't that the whole reason Rush got them off the ship was by making adjustments to the program so it would "almost overload"?
                                Well then, they must've rewrote it from memory.

I also don't buy anything stated by TPTB about "this is how it works". In SGA we told told time and time again by the same people that Carsons return would NOT be a clone. Believe nothing you hear until you see it on the screen and it is said on the air.
                                Proof?

No, seriously. I was around during those dark times, and the amount of rumor, hearsay, and other blatant false information was astounding. If you think they said that Carson wasn't coming back as a clone, then you are mistaken. They never made such a claim.

Comment

Working...
                                X