Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: The Ark of Truth - Is it Safe for Kids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    How about Mitchell pulling a replicator leg out of RepliMerricks brain? I'd say that is gore, not to mention pretty disturbing for children too, especially considering he immediately begs to be euthanized...
    Is that really any worse than when people get shot or stapped in PG-13 movies? I've seen worse in a PG-rated Star Trek movie. When you say children, what age range are you thinking of? The age range I imagine watching this movie is ten or so and up.

Comment

How about Mitchell pulling a replicator leg out of RepliMerricks brain? I'd say that is gore, not to mention pretty disturbing for children too, especially considering he immediately begs to be euthanized...
      Oh, come on. Kids are more savvy than we give them credit for.
      This time... it's war!

Comment

i don't consider that scene to be gory blood didn't spray out of the back of merricks head when mitchell pulled the replicator leg out the violence in the ark of truth was tame compared to the level of violence in the sopranos.

if anyone says won't someone please think of the children i'll send an army of replicators after anyone who says it

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
          if anyone says won't someone please think of the children i'll send an army of replicators after anyone who says it

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
            i don't consider that scene to be gory blood didn't spray out of the back of merricks head when mitchell pulled the replicator leg out the violence in the ark of truth was tame compared to the level of violence in the sopranos.

Gore doesn't necessarily mean that there's a lot of blood, and I'm not sure what your point is when you mention the Sopranos, that's one of the most adult shows around in terms of content. I still don't see how this doesn't count as gore:

Spoiler:
            Last edited by jenks; 11 July 2008, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Gore doesn't necessarily mean that there's a lot of blood, and I'm not sure what your point is when you mention the Sopranos, that's one of the most adult shows around in terms of content. I still don't see how this doesn't count as gore:

Spoiler:
              my point is that most people seem to find violence in the sopranos acceptable but because kids watch stargate violence suddenly becomes something to complain about

bucketloads of violence in the sopranos
              parent move along nothing to see here

minimal violence in aot
              parent won't someone please think of the children

violence in one tv show is ok but unacceptable in another talk about double standards.

Comment

Sopranos isn't a show that anyone considers suitable for children though is it? It's not supposed to be a 'family show' whereas Stargate is.

Comment

I don't think this movie is too scary for kids. I mean if they (and their parents) have watched the show, then they know what to expect. As for the ratings kids under 9 should not watch the show anyways. But then again if you live in Europe there are no such things as tv ratings. I have never heard about cases where kids get scarred for life by watching a scary movie. Yes it creeps the heck out of you but come on! There are scarier things going on in the real world than a bit of science fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by classygirl View Post
                    I don't think this movie is too scary for kids. I mean if they (and their parents) have watched the show, then they know what to expect. As for the ratings kids under 9 should not watch the show anyways. But then again if you live in Europe there are no such things as tv ratings. I have never heard about cases where kids get scarred for life by watching a scary movie. Yes it creeps the heck out of you but come on! There are scarier things going on in the real world than a bit of science fiction.

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but here in the UK we have something called the watershed. Either eight or nine o'clock before which certain things arn't allowed to be shown.

AOT was not suitable for kids under the age of ten, IMO. Then again, some of the episodes arn't either. I know in our house I would tape them and watch them first before letting my youngest watch.
                    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post

that's what i thought of when they brought up that question.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                      Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                      Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Working...
                      X