Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Well there you go not 50 million.
    well, when they found her, they said that the gate was 50 million years(and they though that Ayiana could have been as old as the gate) old and they know nothing about Atlantis
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      well, when they found her, they said that the gate was 50 million years(and they though that Ayiana could have been as old as the gate) old and they know nothing about Atlantis
      If I remember correctly that was a guess they never actually said it was a fact.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

If I remember correctly that was a guess they never actually said it was a fact.
        of course, they were guessing about her age
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

of course, they were guessing about her age
          yeah but that is a pretty big guess in age , and even if they where off by a little , she was still about 50 million years old , and i have a feeling they where going by the DHD device . I think that was 50 Million years old , so they put her with the same age cause they found her near it ...

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
            yeah but that is a pretty big guess in age , and even if they where off by a little , she was still about 50 million years old , and i have a feeling they where going by the DHD device . I think that was 50 Million years old , so they put her with the same age cause they found her near it ...
            no, the gate/dhd was 50 million years old

Atlantis left Earth 5-10 million years ago. If you watch Rising, you can see Ayiana there.
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

no, the gate/dhd was 50 million years old

Atlantis left Earth 5-10 million years ago. If you watch Rising, you can see Ayiana there.
              Exactly who knows how long they were on Earth prior to leaving.

Comment

Merlin couldn’t have drawn those plans. He wasn’t alive yet. That would be like saying that Ben Franklin invented Microsoft Windows. Moros(Merlin) was the LAST high councilor of Atlantis, which was millions of years after the scene at the start of AoT.
                Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56 View Post
                  Merlin couldn’t have drawn those plans. He wasn’t alive yet. That would be like saying that Ben Franklin invented Microsoft Windows. Moros(Merlin) was the LAST high councilor of Atlantis, which was millions of years after the scene at the start of AoT.
                  Very interesting way to put it.

Comment

Ancients likely lived thousand of years but yea, definitely not millions.

Comment

Exactly who knows how long they were on Earth prior to leaving.
                      Yeah and that is the point , Even if i was miss taken on the number of years , In the movie , they did mention a few million years . A few would only make it 2 or 3 million years . Witch would not add up to the 50 Million years that they where on earth ...

Not Just that take in the fact that they would have been traveling throw space over galaxies . We know that when they left earth they didn't have hyper drives so they could have made it to earth in weeks it would have been traveling for years before they made it to earth ...

So take in the facts here .

1. No Hyper Drivers on there travels from the Ori Galaxy to the Milky Way Galaxy ...

2. We know that the Ori Galaxy is Much farther away then the Pegasus Galaxy and could take us a few years with Hyper Drivers to get there .

3. The STARGATE Program wasn't built in the Ori galaxy like it is used in the Milky Way , Pegasus and Asgard Galaxy .

So what does this leave us with ...

It would have take a few Generations for the Ancients ( Alterans ) to make it to the Milky Way Galaxy ...

Then here is what we have in the Milky Way Galaxy ...

1. The Stargate program was built in are galaxy , witch could have taken a few hundred years to build gates on all the worlds in the Milky Way Galaxy .

2. They made friends with the Asgards , Furlings and the Nox . Witch we know that the Asgards where from a nother galaxy . Meaning they where still traveling .

3. I would have taking a few hundred thousands of years to come out with the population they had in the Milky Way galaxy , and Earth wasn't there main home . But could have been one of a few homes they started out with .

4. The DHD is so far the oldest one witch is about 50 Million years old , so could be that they where here and could have taken a few million years to make the Milky Way there main home ...

5. They left the Milky Way galaxy about 5to 10 million years ago , With no Hyper Drives still .

Now that we have that . we could safely say that it would have been at least 70 to 60 million years ago that they had been in the Milky Way Galaxy .

With that , it would have taken them at least a few million years at the speed of light to even make it to the Milky Way galaxy . So even with that . They would have been in the Ori Galaxy at least a a few hundred Million Years ago ... Depending on where the Ori Galaxy is at in the Universe .

Comment

Yeah and that is the point , Even if i was miss taken on the number of years , In the movie , they did mention a few million years . A few would only make it 2 or 3 million years . Witch would not add up to the 50 Million years that they where on earth ...

Not Just that take in the fact that they would have been traveling throw space over galaxies . We know that when they left earth they didn't have hyper drives so they could have made it to earth in weeks it would have been traveling for years before they made it to earth ...

So take in the facts here .

1. No Hyper Drivers on there travels from the Ori Galaxy to the Milky Way Galaxy ...

2. We know that the Ori Galaxy is Much farther away then the Pegasus Galaxy and could take us a few years with Hyper Drivers to get there .

3. The STARGATE Program wasn't built in the Ori galaxy like it is used in the Milky Way , Pegasus and Asgard Galaxy .

So what does this leave us with ...

It would have take a few Generations for the Ancients ( Alterans ) to make it to the Milky Way Galaxy ...

Then here is what we have in the Milky Way Galaxy ...

1. The Stargate program was built in are galaxy , witch could have taken a few hundred years to build gates on all the worlds in the Milky Way Galaxy .

2. They made friends with the Asgards , Furlings and the Nox . Witch we know that the Asgards where from a nother galaxy . Meaning they where still traveling .

3. I would have taking a few hundred thousands of years to come out with the population they had in the Milky Way galaxy , and Earth wasn't there main home . But could have been one of a few homes they started out with .

4. The DHD is so far the oldest one witch is about 50 Million years old , so could be that they where here and could have taken a few million years to make the Milky Way there main home ...

5. They left the Milky Way galaxy about 5to 10 million years ago , With no Hyper Drives still .

Now that we have that . we could safely say that it would have been at least 70 to 60 million years ago that they had been in the Milky Way Galaxy .

With that , it would have taken them at least a few million years at the speed of light to even make it to the Milky Way galaxy . So even with that . They would have been in the Ori Galaxy at least a a few hundred Million Years ago ... Depending on where the Ori Galaxy is at in the Universe .
                        I don't get where you come up with the idea that they didn't have hyperdrive on the village ship or Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                          I don't get where you come up with the idea that they didn't have hyperdrive on the village ship or Atlantis?
                          Exactly. If they didn't have hyperspace technology then relativity would have screwed things up. I'm not going to try and explain it here but It definitely would have had an effect. Also it would seem a bit backward if a race which had built the Stargate network, created humans, invented ZPMs, drones and intergalactic City-size spaceships did not posess the technology to travel faster than light.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate-builder View Post
                            Exactly. If they didn't have hyperspace technology then relativity would have screwed things up. I'm not going to try and explain it here but It definitely would have had an effect. Also it would seem a bit backward if a race which had built the Stargate network, created humans, invented ZPMs, drones and intergalactic City-size spaceships did not posess the technology to travel faster than light.
                            Yeah but with all that technology your are talking about here , Why did the Alterans have to leave there home galaxy . If they where so powerful why didn't they just take control when they had the chance to .

Also in the MOVIE , the STARGATE program was never built . The plains for the STARGATE where shown right before they took off . So one could say with out the STARGATE system really built , there could have also been no ZPM technology . Drone and City Size ships where never seen in the MOVIE , so i don't know why you mentioned that .

But if i remember right , the Asgards made a remark about how the Ancients didn't hav the technology for Hyper Drives or at the least the same Hyper Drives that the SG1 and the Asgards have now .

It would seem that allot of the technology that the Ancients had , they didn't get tell they made it to the Milky Way Galaxy , or sometime after they left the Ori Galaxy .

Comment

I don't remember ever hearing the Asgard mention Alteran hyperdrive. Maybe you are thinking of the episode Revelations when Hiemdal says that 30,000 years ago the Asgard didn't have hyperdrive?

Also they left because they didn't wanna fight at all. Not even to defend themselves. RCC said in an interview that if they wanted they could have defeated the Ori armies.

After they took off from Ortus Mallum they were able to live freely and in the open and their technology would have been able to thrive more. But we still don't know what they had or were capable of.

WHAT IF!!!!!!! The notebook and Melus'(sp?) dream was about was the 8th or 9th chevron?

Comment

Yeah but with all that technology your are talking about here , Why did the Alterans have to leave there home galaxy . If they where so powerful why didn't they just take control when they had the chance to .

Also in the MOVIE , the STARGATE program was never built . The plains for the STARGATE where shown right before they took off . So one could say with out the STARGATE system really built , there could have also been no ZPM technology . Drone and City Size ships where never seen in the MOVIE , so i don't know why you mentioned that .

But if i remember right , the Asgards made a remark about how the Ancients didn't hav the technology for Hyper Drives or at the least the same Hyper Drives that the SG1 and the Asgards have now .

It would seem that allot of the technology that the Ancients had , they didn't get tell they made it to the Milky Way Galaxy , or sometime after they left the Ori Galaxy .
                                I was referring to the part where you said the they left the MW and still didn't have hyperdrive technology. By this time they did have ZPMs, Stargates etc.

The group of Altera who went on to become the Ancients left because the Ori were becoming more and more fanatical in their beliefs. They didn't want to fight and kill their 'brothers' so they left instead and made their way to the MW.

We don't know what kind of technology the Altera possessed in their home galaxy, but there is no doubt that they were very advanced, far beyond the current technological level of Earth. We know they did have the communication device like the one Daniel and Vala used, and had decent sized ships. The idea that was to become the Stargate was thought up the day before they left. They were also aware of ascension at this time.

We don't know how much of their technology was invented in the MW. Just because we didn't see very much in AoT doesn't mean they didn't have any. They were hiding from the Ori, so any advanced technology they did have was well hidden, as we see with their ship.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X