Disappointed with the Arc of Truth? Spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I didn't like Baal, jaffas, tok'ra, so I doubt I'll buy this movie."

If you don't like Jaffa or Tok'ra what do you actually like about SG-1? Did you watch the first eight seasons?

And you're stealing no matter how you put it or defend it. It doesn't matter if the producers or writers are ripping us off. If you feel that way don't watch the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      At least with movies in a theatre you can walk out and 'ask' for your money back, giving them an idea of how bad the movie is.
      It still boils down to just because you think it sucks doesn't mean it does to everyone.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        It still boils down to just because you think it sucks doesn't mean it does to everyone.
        Exactly. The ANTIs are trying to prove their point at all costs, but they are in the minority. I for one, am not disappointed with the movie at all. LOVE IT VERY MUCH

Comment

Originally posted by Ladyinred View Post
          Exactly. The ANTIs are trying to prove their point at all costs, but they are in the minority. I for one, am not disappointed with the movie at all. LOVE IT VERY MUCH
          Same here.

Comment

Exactly. The ANTIs are trying to prove their point at all costs, but they are in the minority.
            and you do the same thing. Trying to prove the AoT is a great movie at all costs
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              and you do the same thing. Trying to prove the AoT is a great movie at all costs
              It's all a matter of opinion.Those who like it are just as vocal as those who don't.

Comment

It's all a matter of opinion.Those who like it are just as vocal as those who don't.
                If you express disappointment in a particular Stargate episode or whatever, you'd really should expect an opposite reply along the lines of...well, I actually liked it because blah, blah, blah....
                Instead, on Gateworld, at least, alot of the time, you usually get....well, that's YOUR OPINION!! Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean you SPEAK FOR EVERYONE!!....... If you don't like it, why are you ON THIS BOARD!!!!.....
                Don't make a GENERALIZATION!!......You don't know what you're TALKING ABOUT!!!!....... etc....
                It's always implied you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
                  If you express disappointment in a particular Stargate episode or whatever, you'd really should expect an opposite reply along the lines of...well, I actually liked it because blah, blah, blah....
                  Instead, on Gateworld, at least, alot of the time, you usually get....well, that's YOUR OPINION!! Just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean you SPEAK FOR EVERYONE!!....... If you don't like it, why are you ON THIS BOARD!!!!.....
                  Don't make a GENERALIZATION!!......You don't know what you're TALKING ABOUT!!!!....... etc....
                  It's always implied you're wrong.

AMEN!!
                  Or, just because someone else doesn't think something is important then neither should you.....

Comment

Think folks are making a mountain out of a molehill. You are ALWAYS going to have diehard fans on one extreme - it's the best thing since Cheese Whiz! or it sucks! - and then there are the res tof us in between who watched it and don't live for it

Let's discuss why we're disappointed with the films, not other fans.

My biggest disappointment was, well, it wasn't so much a movie as just a longer episode. Think there was just too much hype for it.

Comment

Exactly. And I can't see any reason why I shouldn't be vocal about truly enjoying the movie

Comment

Exactly. And I can't see any reason why I shouldn't be vocal about truly enjoying the movie
                        You should be. But not on the Disappointed with the Arc of Truth thread. There is a reason why it's called that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                          You should be. But not on the Disappointed with the Arc of Truth thread. There is a reason why it's called that.

Ah but, the thread title is phrased as a question, asking if you were disappointed. It wasn't titled to be specific to only those who were disappointed.

Comment

i think it's absolutely fine for people who liked the movie to post their positive thoughts.
                            It's just that I always see the negative responses to Stargate criticized ALOT for them not liking a particular episode or film of the franchise.
                            Rarely do I see those negative to the film or series berate those that had a positive reaction with stuff like...You must be a COMPLETE FOOL!! to like such a PIECE OF RUBBISH!!!...etc.
                            For what it's worth, I just thought the film was like an average midseason two part episode-nothing more.
                            Given that i thought the writers of Gate were well and truely past it after season 5, it's not suprising.
                            Ah, the showtime years. The golden age!

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                              Ah but, the thread title is phrased as a question, asking if you were disappointed. It wasn't titled to be specific to only those who were disappointed.
                              The way I see it, it's "Disappointed in the AoT? Come on in and let it all out". If it was open for "like-don't like" discussion, what's the point of this thread? We can just talk in the General discussion one. And if they were the same, the mods would have probablly merged the two threads by now.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                                I don't remember seeing the Priors die or staves explode.

The only way to weaken Adria is to erase the faith, aka saying it's BS.

You're not allowed to believe in a nice version of Origin. Origin is just plain bad, don't believe in it.

Apply this to islam for example.
                                Uhm no?

Essentially, the Ori followers lost faith in the Ori themselves through the conversion of the Priors who in turn may have converted the other Humans of the Ori galaxy through the flash of light on their staffs. That would have weakened Adria quite a bit to the point that Morgan could have fought her. Thats what was shown in the Ark of Truth.

After that, it was decided that Origin would be reformed. Why? The teachings were not really bad as they taught the people to better themselves. Yat'yir, Gerak's lieutenant, said that the book contained words that helped a soul that was bereft with hope. Tomin showed in "Lines in the Sand" that certain Priors and the Ori themselves twisted the religion to suit their purpose.

So I disagree in that "Faith bad = erase it" approach. At that point, there were no Ori that could gain any power from the faith and even if there were, the Children of the Ori are not surrendering their belief willingly to the Ori themselves but rather taking stock in the reformed teachings. The whole power transference aspect was the willing belief that the Ori were all powerful and benevolent gods. After the whole AoT, the Humans of the Ori galaxy don't believe that anymore and would not kill for them as they had been decieved by false deities.

And don't get why Islam is now in the equation here

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
                                X