Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we forget the swearing in Stargate SG-1: The Showtime Years ?
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post

Huh? When?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

i think the BEST part of Ark of Truth was Tim Guinee's performance as Tomin...

there were certain points where looking at him, you really did get a sense of how abandonded, alone, and isolated he became...

all that he believed in, the gods he worshipped, the teachings he followed, he found out were lies... (well SOME of the teachings were lies)... and his wife, the woman he still cared for with some level of fidelity, in effect left him...

the scene with Teal'C was the best scene in the film, and is one of the best scenes in Stargate SG-1 period... it showed not only what Teal'C has dealt with over the past 70 years of his life, but also what lies ahead for Tomin

i wasn't that excited when i heard, prior to release, that Tomin would defect to our side... let alone that he was in the film period... but i must say that his character arc, and Guinee's performance were surprisingly strong and well-crafted...

i think what would be interesting would be to follow Tomin's journey forward from this point... and watch him adapting to the realities of his life:
        his gods don't exist, but their teachings are still acceptable (with minor edits)
        his wife does exist, but doesn't want him

everything he dedicated the recent years of his life to has been for naught... and has caused him to commit unspeakable horrors...

he now has to atone for what he did as a soldier of the Ori
        deal with being lied to by his "gods" who have now been destroyed
        and deal with being abandoned by his wife...

it makes for the beginning of a great journey...

and the fact that this exists for a character who only made 4 appearances total in the entire series is, imo, quite amazing...
        i feel the same about tomin. i can't remember the name of the s10 ep where tomin started questioning the ori/priors, but i remember thinking tim's acting was wow. and if you really stop and think about it (which you have ), his character has a lot of depth and places to go.

in 'aot', i thought tim was great in the scene where he was being tortured. again, tim's acting just stands out.

it's funny, but the guest stars on sg1 used to really be good - jacob, martouf, bra'tac - but somewhere along the way the ptb started getting weak in who they'd hire (to me). tim/tomin is a wonderful exception.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Your thinking about Line in the Sand. Good episode
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Your thinking about Line in the Sand. Good episode
            oh, yes, i LOVE that ep! i have it actually, i just haven't rewatched it since it aired. great sam whump and such.

sally ((()))
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Never saw the Showtime Years. Was there actual swearing - as in s*** or f***?

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

There was nothing wrong with the swearing in AOT. A swarm of replicators are coming at you and you think you'll stay quite as calm?

DOUBT IT.

Comment

Just watched Ark of Truth. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents here (I haven't bothered to read the previous 12 pages.) I admit I'm a little disappointed. I'm not bashing on it. But I was really hoping the production values would be a little higher. I think I can sum my thoughts by saying it didn't completely suck, but it was nothing to write home about; at the very least the ori story is FINALLY over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                    And you call yourself a Stargate fan

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    oh, yes, i LOVE that ep! i have it actually, i just haven't rewatched it since it aired. great sam whump and such.

sally ((()))
                    That doesn't make an episode good for me. It was Tomin questioning his religion and showing a planet fight for their freedom that made it interesting
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't think it seemed out of place to be honest, it didn't stand out at all. Now if Daniel had hurled a tirade of abuse at the prior calling him a ****ing **** and what not then maybe they'd have gone too far, but someone saying 'Oh ****' when a swarm of mechanical killing machines is heading straight for him is hardly cause for concern. Frankly I find it slightly disturbing that people would complain about a certain word being used when they've just watched one of the main characters beaten to a bloody pulp by a guy who's body has been burrowed into by robots, all the while other characters are being tortured in a prison cell...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        I don't think it seemed out of place to be honest, it didn't stand out at all. Now if Daniel had hurled a tirade of abuse at the prior calling him a ****ing **** and what not then maybe they'd have gone too far, but someone saying 'Oh ****' when a swarm of mechanical killing machines is heading straight for him is hardly cause for concern. Frankly I find it slightly disturbing that people would complain about a certain word being used when they've just watched one of the main characters beaten to a bloody pulp by a guy who's body has been burrowed into by robots, all the while other characters are being tortured in a prison cell...

i wasn't bothered by the swearing, because the words used were baby compared to the biggie swear words.

now, if sam had called marrick a ****** ****ing ***wipe, i might have taken notice.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

i wasn't bothered by the swearing, because the words used were baby compared to the biggie swear words.

now, if sam had called marrick a ****** ****ing ***wipe, i might have taken notice.

sally
                          I didn't notice the cusing until someone mentioned on the forum. I hear so much worse on my college campus.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

sally
                            Sam would have to be really ticked off to do that!

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                              Every now and then. (don't think anyone ever said f*** though)
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

And speaking of the Ori and the Replicators I wonder who'd win if those two got fighting.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X