This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Adrift, Lifeline and this. I suppose you could include Doppelganger, but that was just a mistake on Itunes' part I think.
    Yeah Itunes got some episodes mixed up and released 'Doppelganger' by mistake...
    *might have been a ploy to increase sales, but the official statement says mix up*

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      Yes, apparently someone they trusted has leaked it, and when they catch them they're in deep ****.
      I hope they catch them soon for leaking the movie
      sigpic
      Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
        I hope they catch them soon for leaking the movie
        I hope they don't, I wanna see continuum in march
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Just a little conspiracy conjecture...

Anyone think that TPTB intentionally leaked this for the sole reason of building hype? Musicians leak their music to P2P all the time to build hype for their music, so...and if people think it bombed they could do things to improve the movie before release.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I should not need to but feel obligated to warn folks, do NOT post any links here to the illegal versions please.

You'll just get your post snipped and be put on moderation. So let's not go there
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

The are able to trace where/when a copy was released because the opening credits and end credits have markers in specific frames indicating which stage of post production that edit had reached. Apparently when the film is moved between houses, this is updated with unique codes, so rest assured they have a pretty good idea what happened.

If they wanted to conduct a witch hunt, it would be a very short one.

Typically they just lean on the production house that was the source of the leak and let them houseclean (after all, if you are an f/x shop, you don't want to lose business like this just because of an single overeager fanboy/girl...).

I seriously doubt this was deliberate on the part of the studio, though I think they are taking the correct stance - a laid back one - since anyone watching these cuts is simply going to add to the viral marketing campaign, and buy the final product anyhow...

Intercepting edits is an age old process - I heard of someone working in a local TV station 20 years ago that would pull Star trek TNG off the international satellite feeds that were used to distribute copies worldwide to TV networks. They simply made a copy in what was the wee hours of the morning local time and then sent it on to friends (this was on the days of video only - where to copy it you needed TWO recorders hooked in sync - a process made more complicated if the original signal was NTSC and the local stuff is PAL...)
              If you'd like to know what Aussie conventions are like, check out my website and the older one too.

Comment

that's how we watched B5 for a while. I worked at a TV station and could tape the feed of the show from the production house to teh syndie stations (none of our local stations carried it)

My friend worked while it fed down. he'd tape it on 1 inch tape, make a vhs dub, then we'd have weekly/bi weekly viewing parties

I used to watch X-Files and Jag that way too, tape the commercialless international feed which would be hours before the show woud air on the network. it was great
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  that's how we watched B5 for a while. I worked at a TV station and could tape the feed of the show from the production house to teh syndie stations (none of our local stations carried it)

My friend worked while it fed down. he'd tape it on 1 inch tape, make a vhs dub, then we'd have weekly/bi weekly viewing parties

I used to watch X-Files and Jag that way too, tape the commercialless international feed which would be hours before the show woud air on the network. it was great
                  LOL! that must have been one hell of a good job

Comment

Originally posted by talita View Post
                    *******s!!!

I did't know that some of the Atlantis episodes were also leaked out...
                    our world is a very cruel and dark place
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X