Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ark of Truth promo (some material from Ark of Truth)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like SaberBlade, i also had a stab at putting the new trailer on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzG25nIrQn8
    after all “The more the merrier”
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1138 View Post
      The Doci has some interesting words. "Your gods cannot save you now." The only beings who call themselves gods are the Ori. Does he think that the Ancients pose as gods too? Or has the Doci defected and is gloating to some doomed Ori worshippers?

There should be a longer teaser trailer; this one isn't quite epic enough.

The Ancients are our creators so as the Ori are creators of humans in their galaxy. So form his point of view, they're our gods. He doesn't know they don't interfere
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        The Ancients are our creators so as the Ori are creators of humans in their galaxy. So form his point of view, they're our gods. He doesn't know they don't interfere
        Adra is awere of the Ancients non-iterferance policy so It's safe to assume the boys at the top also know, including Doci...

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
          Adra is awere of the Ancients non-iterferance policy so It's safe to assume the boys at the top also know, including Doci...

need to know basis
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Was I the only one stoked by Mitchell's line: "Weapons at maximum!"
            JACKSON: How exactly is having weapons at maximum going to help the situation?
            MARTIN: The audience isn't going to know the difference. They love "weapons at maximum."
            MITCHELL: Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment.
            Nice little nod of the hat to "200". *checks watch* Is it March yet?
            Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Cool trailer! I'm happy to finally get time to see it. But when is the DVD slated to be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                Cool trailer! I'm happy to finally get time to see it. But when is the DVD slated to be released?
                March 11th 2008. That's the intended US release date, although it could change. Also, we don't know international release dates yet.
                Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by 1138 View Post
                  The Doci has some interesting words. "Your gods cannot save you now." The only beings who call themselves gods are the Ori. Does he think that the Ancients pose as gods too? Or has the Doci defected and is gloating to some doomed Ori worshippers?
                  Remember back in season 9 when the Doci and Daniel had their nice little talk:

DOCI: It is the will of the Ori that we should spread Origin to all those blessed by their creation.
                  JACKSON: OK, well, then you should understand that there are many, many different kinds of people in the place from whence I come, people who believe in many different things.
                  DOCI: They shall find the path to enlightenment.
                  JACKSON: Right. Well, I think you should also understand that they may not see your way as the only way ...

So, in his way, Daniel told the Doci that MW people may believe in different things, different "gods" if you will. I suppose that's what the Doci is referring to (and not the Ancients in particular). That and I just don't see him, a high ranking fanatic, switching sides so easily.
                  Et populus improbos in divino iudicio vestro tradibit,
                  ubi pecamina illorum in pondera pendibuntur
                  cum omnibus iustis ac veris. – E Libro Originis

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR Ragnarok Warlord View Post
                    I'm assuming they told the followers of the Ori that the Ancients are rival, evil gods in order to convince them of the worthiness of the Crusade.

And has anyone managed to upload one that doesn't have audio lag? I want to email it to some friends but it's driving me nuts.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Forseti (a.k.a. Thor's lawyer) View Post
                      Remember back in season 9 when the Doci and Daniel had their nice little talk:

DOCI: It is the will of the Ori that we should spread Origin to all those blessed by their creation.
                      JACKSON: OK, well, then you should understand that there are many, many different kinds of people in the place from whence I come, people who believe in many different things.
                      DOCI: They shall find the path to enlightenment.
                      JACKSON: Right. Well, I think you should also understand that they may not see your way as the only way ...

So, in his way, Daniel told the Doci that MW people may believe in different things, different "gods" if you will. I suppose that's what the Doci is referring to (and not the Ancients in particular). That and I just don't see him, a high ranking fanatic, switching sides so easily.
                      Actually, I think Daniel was specifically talking about Earth.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        I'm assuming they told the followers of the Ori that the Ancients are rival, evil gods in order to convince them of the worthiness of the Crusade.

And has anyone managed to upload one that doesn't have audio lag? I want to email it to some friends but it's driving me nuts.
                        The audio lag does suck, but I guess it's better than nothing. This little preview at least wet my whistle a little bit. I still can't wait for a full-blown trailer though.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

*grins from ear to ear*

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Yaaaay!! Finally, a trailer! Looks aweosome!

Oooooh....I can't wait for March 2008!!!
                          Last edited by Sue_Jackson; 27 November 2007, 09:03 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Funniest clip(s):

Mitchell: It's time to go all in!

cut to: A toilet bowl ship.

I howled for over a minute. Funniest thing I've seen today.

Can you tell I have great hopes for this movie? /sarcasm

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I know its a weird comment, but I am a little worried about the quality of this film when they seem to be sticking with the all-purpose tacky ms font "Papyrus", which everyone recognizes from travel agencies to restaurant menus kind of tells us that "we're so cheap, we just typed out the title in on notepad. screw hiring a graphic designer!"

Comment

Well, have you ever considered that the graphic designer said the "Papyrus" font would suit the movie best? In any case, I certainly don't care. To be quite honest, I don't think Ark of Truth is going to blow me away completely - I just see it as a very long, hopefully excellent episode to wrap up the Ori. It's the makers's job to prove me wrong and really make it a movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X