Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why? Why can't the writers come up with a more creative concept than "let our heroes find a very powerful alien weapon to wipe out the villains"?

The Eye of Ra, the Lost City, the Dakara weapon, Merlin's weapon and now this...
    sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

I think it's a great twist
      Spoiler:
      That the only thing that can stop the Ori is in their home galaxy, still can't work out how the Oddy will get there though when Ori ships need a supergate to get here, perhaps they'll work out how to dial the supergate to the Ori galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        Spoiler:
        That the only thing that can stop the Ori is in their home galaxy, still can't work out how the Oddy will get there though when Ori ships need a supergate to get here, perhaps they'll work out how to dial the supergate to the Ori galaxy
        id say thats what they'll do although
        Spoiler:
        only sending the oddy is not enough imo opinion another ship should be sent and perhaps even some mother ships, we should launch our own crusede.

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed View Post
          id say thats what they'll do although
          Spoiler:
          only sending the oddy is not enough imo opinion another ship should be sent and perhaps even some mother ships, we should launch our own crusede.
          Spoiler:
          Any large force would probably get slaughtered if they went in force... I mean if they are building hundreds of Battleships and Earth or the Jaffa can't handle even one of them when they are on the offensive, well how could they tackle them in their home territory? Perhaps the Earth ships get a cloak or something to hide while they find the Ark of Truth

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            After The Return Part 2 on Atlantis the base is left with 3 ZPMs when they defeat the replicator invasion. They sent 2 back to Earth, one for the Ancient outpost and the other for the Oddysey to take on the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifer View Post
              Spoiler:
              After The Return Part 2 on Atlantis the base is left with 3 ZPMs when they defeat the replicator invasion. They sent 2 back to Earth, one for the Ancient outpost and the other for the Oddysey to take on the Ori.
              true but even with a ZPM a daedalus class takes 4 days just to get to pegasus which is close to the milkyway on a cosmic scale, the Ori galaxy is very very far away.

Comment

here's what I think will happen. Merlin will travel to our time and open a "Shop of Mystical Wonders" on Earth. Some evil newspaper columist will then use Merlin's book of spells to turn himself into an infant. Then a thief will steal Merlin's toy monkey which will reak havoc on a family in the mid 1970's. The film will be narriated by Ernest Borgnine. Who needs Richard Dean Anderson when you have Ernest Borgnine! Oh, wait..... Than's been done. Sorry
                Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

I think the key is in the title they are taking the ark, the vessel we know from spoilers they find at the end of the season, this vessel is capable of reaching the ori galaxy using enhance hyperdrives merlin design and built with the use of ascended knowledge, they are way faster than any we have seen before.

To stop the ori from using their ascended powers they will use merlin inter dimensional cloak to cloak the vessel, we know now from the previous episodes and the one that aired tonight they are able to extend the field around a entire village.

We also know ascended beings cannot see through such cloak.

they then get to celetas.

Then useing the resistence, which is now led by vala husbond and their spy's in celetas they destroy the city sending out the message that the gods could not stopped us and if they could stopped near mortals from destroying their holy city they are not gods.
                  Then the ori use their last throw of the dice, they thinking they have enough power attack the ancients, the ancients and ori engage in a eternal war on the ascended plain either side can win and either can lose.

Daniel using is newly acquire abilities will have final chow down with adria.

In massive one to one battle.
                  Both end up destroying each other.

Comment

The first DVD movie is supposed to wrap up the Ori storyline.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Latest news from Gateworld:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...hird_ser.shtml

"Whatever the third series looks like, it will maintain the key ingredients that make Stargate what it is, Wright said -- which may preclude the possibility of a show set in the distant future."

Comment

The above statement is a little misleading by nature.
                        When i first read it i kind of overlooked the etymology of preclude, making me think it was set in the future.

So just to set it straight for those who don't realise: this implies the new series _wont_ be set in the future.

PresentGate!

Comment

If they do a show in the distant future, it has great potential to make for super plot hole city.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

I dont think it would make for a great Series at this time .. It would be nice to have Ben and Claudia setup for a 3rd series , but at the sametime people would be a little upset for the fact that they want new characters and a new direction for the show ...

As for a Future series , well i hope they dont go to far into the future ...

Myreason is they still have Stargate Atlatins going on , and it would kind of suck if they Give things away for that show ..

I would rather have a new series base in the same time period of everthing else ... Maybe just in a new Galaxy ...

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                              I dont think it would make for a great Series at this time .. It would be nice to have Ben and Claudia setup for a 3rd series , but at the sametime people would be a little upset for the fact that they want new characters and a new direction for the show ...

As for a Future series , well i hope they dont go to far into the future ...

Myreason is they still have Stargate Atlatins going on , and it would kind of suck if they Give things away for that show ..

I would rather have a new series base in the same time period of everthing else ... Maybe just in a new Galaxy ...
                              I agree with you, -PITBULL-. I would like the new series not be set in the future. And yes, it would be interesting to see how they would go about setting it in another galaxy.

About Browder and Black, I'm afraid if those two played the lead roles, the show would feel a little too much like Farscape to me. If they both were in it as supporting characters with more people along side them, it may work better. I cannot tell the future, of course, so I really can't say which would be more successful.
                              Tony
                              Hammond is the man.

Comment

How about using spoiler-tags or spoiler warnings for the 1st movie?

And also, worst idea ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X