Afftecting Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afftecting Atlantis?

Shouldnt the stuff that happened in Continuum have effected the events of Atlantis?

I know: its two separate series... but still.

Continuum happens between S&R and The Seed.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Continuum happens between S&R and The Seed.
      and that could be wat causes the mckay/keller love triangle fiasco....the events of Continuum!!

Comment

Originally posted by kennythewraith View Post
        and that could be wat causes the mckay/keller love triangle fiasco....the events of Continuum!!
        Indeed! Time WAS changed in some way!

Comment

Who knows, perhaps when Ba'al changed history, the circumstances met with him going to Atlantis and making it an outpost for himself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
          MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

I would say in that the simple answer is no since Cam stopped Ba'al on the ship that was bringing the gate over. The movie then does a cut to the extraction scene and all the people are there that had began to go poof are back and look the same.

I think that is the only clue we have as viewers that EVERYTHING went back to normal. But that in it self is sort of hard to buy. Some things should have been different. But its easier I guess to not go down that path as writers and producers.

O'Neill: Well, I suppose now is the time for me to say something profound...
            Nothing comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith queen inga View Post
              Shouldnt the stuff that happened in Continuum have effected the events of Atlantis?

In the timeline where Ba'al took over, Atlantis would have never been found by Earth, but apart from that the only way it affected it was that Sam had to go and watch Ba'al's execution.
              Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

The only thing that has changed because of the events is that cam has a picture of him and his grandfather. everything else turned out the same as the first time.
                Some say that he has only one ear.
                And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                All we know is he's called
                sigpic

Comment

I think that is the only clue we have as viewers that EVERYTHING went back to normal. But that in it self is sort of hard to buy. Some things should have been different. But its easier I guess to not go down that path as writers and producers.
                  Why? Cam kept a very low profile and made sure not to change anything, and removed everything that Baal did, so the timeline is as it was before. I find it much harder to believe that the events in Moebius could effect a small and specific change like fish being in Jack's pond. Compared to other aspects of the episode, though, that's pretty minor.

In terms of Atlantis, well, they didn't have a Stargate program in the alternate timeline, so, yeah, there was a change. They weren't there. Everyone was where they would be without the program, and then it went back to normal after the timeline was fixed.

Comment

Alternate Timeline: Atlantis Expedition never happened, so Atlantis is still at the bottom of the ocean, possibly flooded.

Restored Timeline: Almost identical to the original; only Mitchell, Ba'al, and some Jaffa, pop up in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by wraith queen inga View Post

The events of Continuum never happened in our timeline apart from the bit at the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X