This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala/Quetesh

I just thought of something remember when apophis died and his host esentially shrivled up why is vala not somewhat older than she is .I remember the comments in the series saying she was quetesh host for a relativly short amount of time but then in the movie quetesh made the comment that Ba'al had not let her leave his side for 50 years so altered time line or not she would have been queteshs host for at least 50 years
    sigpic

Aphophis had been in control of his host for a very, very long time, thousands of years. Qetesh had only inhabited Vala for, in Daniel's words (I think), "a relatively short time".

Also consider that while Apophis was still alive, the host was greatly aged and this was probably more to do with the absence of time spent in a sarcophagus.

Comment

I take what your saying but the relativly short amount of time is still at least 50 years so what age is her father supposed to be exactly where am I getting 50 years from
      Quetesh"You have not let me leave your side for 50 years my love " Ba'al only alltered the last 50 or 60 years so vala was host to quetesh for that amount of time altered timeline or not.............Just a glaring error me thinks
      sigpic

Comment

Given Vala's dad is still around during SG-1's final season, I suspect Quetesh stayed at Ba'al's side for 50 years. Eventually, Ba'al conveniently runs across Vala's world and suggests Quetesh take a new host. Quetesh must like Vala as a host, otherwise she wouldn't have been taken host in the proper timeline.

Works for me.

Comment

Fair Kop
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
            I take what your saying but the relativly short amount of time is still at least 50 years so what age is her father supposed to be exactly where am I getting 50 years from
            Quetesh"You have not let me leave your side for 50 years my love " Ba'al only alltered the last 50 or 60 years so vala was host to quetesh for that amount of time altered timeline or not.............Just a glaring error me thinks
            Just because Quetesh didn't leave Ba'al's side for 50 years, doesn't mean Vala was Quetesh's host for 50 years.

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            Given Vala's dad is still around during SG-1's final season, I suspect Quetesh stayed at Ba'al's side for 50 years. Eventually, Ba'al conveniently runs across Vala's world and suggests Quetesh take a new host. Quetesh must like Vala as a host, otherwise she wouldn't have been taken host in the proper timeline.

Works for me.
            sorry, didn't see that
            Last edited by stargatefan234; 29 September 2008, 07:28 AM.
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

she never said she was in that body for fifty years, she said"You have not let me leave your side for 50 years my love ". that doesn't necessarily mean she went without a host change...
              Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
              sigpic

Comment

I LOVED Qetesh in Continuum! It was really refreshing, as she was so different from Vala (it was actually kind of spooky at some points lol) - I kept expecting some of Vala's humour to seep in but she was pretty brutal!
                As above, so below, as within, so without, what you give, so shall you receive.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetz View Post
                  I LOVED Qetesh in Continuum! It was really refreshing, as she was so different from Vala (it was actually kind of spooky at some points lol) - I kept expecting some of Vala's humour to seep in but she was pretty brutal!
                  yea for once i didn't need to fast froward over a vala scene
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                    Just because Quetesh didn't leave Ba'al's side for 50 years, doesn't mean Vala was Quetesh's host for 50 years.

sorry, didn't see that
                    So somehow she could have died without him dying and he then scoured the galaxy for this host in particular(sorry if that sounds a bit jerky on my part)
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X