This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    for example, in threads, jacob saying that he and selmac had been blended for 6 years i think, when it was really much longer.
    Actually, they said "four years" when it was really six.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

that's it. I just remember that the math was wrong

thanks
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It was definitely 50. I think they just expected us to block the episode with her dad from our memories. Goodness knows I did.

Now, it could be that whatever happened to Qetesh to make her leave her pre-Vala host still happened even with Ba'al's influence on the timeline, whatever that was. So it's not totally a plothole, but a little backstory would help things along quite a bit.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure we don't know at what point SG-1 arrive in the timeline, nor how old Vala's dad is anyway.

Comment

The writers didn't just forget that Vala shouldn't be that old. In the extraction ceremony at the beginning of the movie, Daniel even brings up that her time as a host was quite short.

Comment

when did we see/meet vala's dad?

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                when did we see/meet vala's dad?
                Season ten, the episode was near the end of the season and it was called Family Ties.
                sigpic

Comment

I think Qetesh liked to change hosts to get all the info she wanted and could use for her advange she would be interested in a space pirate's daughter who knew her way around and Ba'al wanted to keep her happy and probably knew what she liked let's say she like to change hosts every 10 years that's what I am using to make it fit.
                  sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

lol! The answer is staring us in the face! Qetesh has been at his side for 50 years, not Vala! Duuuurrr. I can't believe I missed that...

Comment

I never noticed that. It's a definate mistake unless he went forward in time and took her back with him or she switched bodies.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                        Sounds like "fifteen" to me. The DVD subtitles say "50", but it wouldn't be the first time the subtitles got something wrong. Besides, fifteen makes sense.
                        I heard fifteen too!

Originally posted by SGSargon View Post
                        It is possible that Qetesh changed lots of hosts in order to escape from Athena, and Vala must of been the last one, IMO.
                        yep that is also a possibility!

Comment

I'm sorry if I'm asking a really stupid question, but while we know Vala's dad from the original timeline, this was an alternate time line. In this time line Vala had been host To Quetesh for 50+years, while her dad was still the same age as when we saw him in season ten.
                          Quetesh then extended Vala's life, while her dad grew old and probably died of old age. There was no hint he was alive in the alternate timeline, meaning Vala could have been host for 50 years, and her had died all that time ago.

Unless I'm being really simple here, I don't get it. In which case I'l just go with the goa'uld has been with Ba'al for fifty years/

Comment

You have to remember that Vala is just the host. Qetesh is the one who hasn't been able to leave Ba'als side.

Comment

I say that 19-30 mayby 34,but not more

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                i heard 'fifty years'

which would make sense if baal left earth in 1939 and started his conquest for power, which was 70ish years ago. give him a few years to get some power, then get qetesh into vala.

about the only logical explanatio is if QETESH had been at ba'al's side...but VALA was only recently taken as host (although how did ba'al know to go and find a single human to be a new host when all he really wanted was the goa'uld????)

my gut feeling is that it's a plot hole that they just dismissed, and honestly not one we'd have known about had vala not said 'fifty years!!!'
                                me too!

Comment

Working...
                                X