This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as he himself said, he was also high on pain killers

and, daniel's medical issue is a topic for another thread. This is for symbiotes and where they reside in the human body
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
      Sci Fi science? I would think the symbiote can squish itself pretty small & so the extraction really squishes it--which is why it's a terrible experience for the goa'uld. And no picnic for the host. Didn't Vala say it was pretty bad for her?
      Ok think of the Tok-Ra. They are very advanced. Also think of how persistant the goa'uld are about survival. Knowing these two things just thinking that a symbiote can be extracted with a seringe says that you dont know much of the series. Would it be more logical that it was more of a mini-teleportation device, and the point that goes in the head of the host is not so much of a seringe as an amplifier or a targeter for the symbiote.
      Science fiction is an existential metaphor that allows us to tell stories about the human condition. Isaac Asimov once said, "Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Azreth View Post
        Ok think of the Tok-Ra. They are very advanced. Also think of how persistant the goa'uld are about survival. Knowing these two things just thinking that a symbiote can be extracted with a seringe says that you dont know much of the series. Would it be more logical that it was more of a mini-teleportation device, and the point that goes in the head of the host is not so much of a seringe as an amplifier or a targeter for the symbiote.
        Finally someone mentions this. I've been thinking about this for quite a while but didn't want to post until I saw the movie which was yesterday. Personally, I think the same that it was a mini-transporter designed to pierce the skin and beam the symbiote out. One has to remember that the Tok'ra don't have Asgard technology so they have to make do with what they have,

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I pretend like the syringe had some kind of anesthesia in it so the snake was put to sleep so he couldn't kill the human during the extraction process. From there, it was beamed into that little jar. This way, it's slightly more believable!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X