X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antigravity View Post
    <snip>

i agree they were lame filler scenes. Daniel's situation was potentially very interesting, coping with the loss of leg and also trying to contact himself.

these guys knew a threat was imminent...after all these years of fighting (even when they're ordered not to), they just go shopping?
    Think fruitloops. When have you seen those before??? If you look at the box, you'll see that the props people deliberately covered up another brand of cereal with a fake fruitloops design.

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
      Think fruitloops. When have you seen those before??? If you look at the box, you'll see that the props people deliberately covered up another brand of cereal with a fake fruitloops design.
      haha nice. went back and watched it. Rice Krispies never looked so appealing!

Comment

I enjoyed this film pretty much as is. I wouldn't mess with it.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

one thing: make it longer.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            one thing: make it longer.
            That's pretty much my thought to. On my two subsequent viewings, knowing what was coming, the film didn't feel incomplete, but my first time through, I thought: what?? That's it? It seemed like first 3/4 of a great movie.
            Theoretically spoilerish:
            Spoiler:
            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I would have shortened the scenes between the part where the timeline was altered and carter, jackson, and mitchell returned to earth and the part where baal attacks earth, and lengthened the parts after that(for more action). It would have been cool to see the system lords somehow get wind of ba'als murder, and then turn on earth other, each taking a piece of his huge fleet. then SG1 takes advantage of the in-fighting. More jack, and more baal/qatesh too. besides that, a few slash undertones would be nice.

Comment

these guys knew a threat was imminent...after all these years of fighting (even when they're ordered not to), they just go shopping?
                what else are they supposed to do? their mail, e-mail, phones etc were likely being monitored, they were being watched and kept tabs on, they either played along or got tossed into a jail cell. Because that's pretty much what landry promised. behave and you can live 'normally', misbehave and you're locked up.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSS View Post
                  Um...no they didn't. The prop people covered up the packet with a lable that reads Frootees. They could have made one that said Fruitloops but they didn't.
                  sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

I would have loved to see what baal's plan was. How he would talk and deal with earth. Do you think he was telling the truth about letting the jaffa free

Comment

I think seeing more of what changed in this "new world"... and seeing the 3 (Carter, Daniel, Cam) struggle with it would have been interesting...
                      Some more time in Antarctica, maybe?

The plan of what Ba'al wanted to do...

More discussion from the others about what they thought of Sam, Cam, and Daniel...

Comment

they probably would have had to pay or get permission to use 'froot loops' since it's trademarked and copyrighted.

generics, on the other hand, are easier to use, or a mad up name

That's why homer drank Duff beer, the toon wasn't going to advertise - and pay to use - a real brand
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would've made it not a time travel story.

I guess I wanted a different movie altogether! Gadzooks!

"Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                            Um...no they didn't. The prop people covered up the packet with a lable that reads Frootees. They could have made one that said Fruitloops but they didn't.
                            They never did mention they were Fruit Loops in "Window of Opportunity", but it was implied. Having them as Frooties is good enough, and avoids the royalties to Kellogg...although the covering for the box was not done well. It's obvious it was a box of Rice Krispies...as it says it right on the side of the box. Bugs me everytime I see that scene.

Things I would change (Most of which are minor)-
                            - O'Neill's death - After all we've seen him gone through, he dies from a little needle? Should've had some object around which could've made it much more severe (different extraction device, multiple needles?)
                            - The box holding the Stargate - The back part of the box was open, yet the kawoosh doesn't touch it. Although this helps in various scenes to make it easier to see some of the actors, for continuity, I would've kept the back of the box intact.
                            - CGI for the Achilles in the Arctic - When I first saw this, I had no idea what I was looking at. I would've redone it.
                            - Sam or Cam expressing more concern over Daniel losing his leg on the Sub- Although the situation with alternate reality is important, Daniel has lost something of importance which should've been focused on for a minute or two. Talk about this and have O'Neill walk in.
                            - Light up the bookstore more - Kinda dark to be reading in, eh?
                            - Cover the WHOLE Rice Krispie box - As mentioned above
                            - Include a scene of Daniel receiving therapy (this could've replaced the scene of him calling his alternate self)
                            - Put Kinsey with Hayes and Hammond. For fun, make Kinsey a 'nicer' guy.
                            - If possible for RDA, have O'Neill join the contingent to Antarctica. What to do with him afterwards would be tricky. You could kill him again, but killing O'Neill twice in one movie may be a tad too much. Sending him back in time could work, it could allow him to kill Ba'al but ruins the reunion with Cam's grandfather (like a third wheel).
                            - Definitely fix the dialogue/music/sound effects issue during the fighter sequences.
                            - Replace Teal'c's Al'kesh with one of those Jaffa soldier transports. I can't see an Al'kesh holding off that much fire from a Ha'tak.
                            - Clarify what happens to the Russian soldier at the Stargate base in Russia. When Teal'c and his Jaffa contingent ring in, the soldier basically 'disappears'. Maybe have the team tell him to leave and show a quick scene of the truck leaving the compound? (It's still there when it's destroyed)
                            - Give Cam a different Russian weapon, like the AN-94. All Russian weapons aren't made of wood.
                            - As mentioned above, use a different extraction machine. I don't see how a needle extracts a symbiote. Sure, it covers the statements made in the series of the extraction being painful, but there has to be another way.

My two cents!

Comment

what would i CHANGE in Continuum..
                              well I missed Jack His jokes and his attitude to the whole situation It would be funny to see real Jack and Jack from alternate reality having a conversation about this whole thing. And it would have been great to see more Daniel and Jack chemistry.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                they probably would have had to pay or get permission to use 'froot loops' since it's trademarked and copyrighted.

generics, on the other hand, are easier to use, or a mad up name

That's why homer drank Duff beer, the toon wasn't going to advertise - and pay to use - a real brand
                                Or it could be the other way around - product placement is a big thing (maybe not with Sam's reaction to Frootloops )

Comment

Working...
                                X