Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmhmn, interesting twist...like a universe where maybe teal'c's father never died, so he never had that jaffa revenge thing going, so he never joined pops' ranks, so never became a warrior?

Teal'c the farmer? Teal'c the blacksmith?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed Continuum. If I could complain about anything it'd be that it wasn't longer! LOL It was a joy to go back to the origins of the series & whomp on our old favorite badguys. It was well written, & Baal lived up to his potential of actually using his brain instead of just sitting on a throne & barking orders as so many others have done. I love Baal because often you can't see his real goals til the end. Not to mention his wit, & charm. It was great seeing nearly everyone from the SGC too. I hope they keep making more!! I'll keep watching. As for Teal'c serving another system lord in yet another altered timeline? Well... Baal was too smart to do any less with him. Like Cam Mitchell said. "He knew exactly what buttons to push" & We all know just how loyal Teal'c is when it comes to the freedom of his people. I had to laugh though, even without SG1 nailing Baal, Ball's plan still failed from the oldest trick in the book, He was stabbed in the back by another of his own kind!! Once a Goa'uld, always a Goa'uld. Served him right!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        That would also be why when the sailor went into the hold to check on the stargate, he called Cam, who was waiting there, "Captain".
        they explain that in the commentary
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          mmhmn, interesting twist...like a universe where maybe teal'c's father never died, so he never had that jaffa revenge thing going, so he never joined pops' ranks, so never became a warrior?

Teal'c the farmer? Teal'c the blacksmith?
          Or Teal'c the Goaul'd - instead of becoming a Jaffa Apophis or other Goaul'd like his strong/young body and used him as host...

Comment

that would be a truly original twist, because i don't think i've even read that in fanfic

sigpic

Comment

that would be a truly original twist, because i don't think i've even read that in fanfic
              Well, I know you're a Teal'c fan hint, hint, nudge, nudge

Comment

I have a question about the symbiote extraction.

The snake is at the back of the neck. WHY would they go thru most of the host's brain *with a needle* to extract it? And how did they get it (alive) into the chamber? It's way too huge and i doubt it can squeeze that small.

suse
                Last edited by suse; 03 August 2008, 07:20 AM.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by tayradio View Post
                  I loved the scene in the hangar between Landry and the gang - and the whole question of setting things right and "right" all being relative and not having the right to change reality as it existed at that moment. Good stuff, for me anyway!
                  Near the end of the movie when Earth is being destroyed from orbit, I wanted someone to ask Landry and the President if they were still happy with preserving their time line. Big mistake.

~Dave
                  Last edited by ~Dave; 03 August 2008, 07:35 AM.

Comment

technicalities, technicalities

maybe the needle is a tiny little beaming device that tranquilizes the snake, paralyzes it and then 'beams' it into the containment jar?????

sigpic

Comment

technicalities, technicalities

maybe the needle is a tiny little beaming device that tranquilizes the snake, paralyzes it and then 'beams' it into the containment jar?????
                      In the Continuum issue of the Official Magazine, there is a picture of the concept drawing for the symbiote extraction technology. Comment on the drawing: "VFX Symbiote beams in (Liquid bubbles and glows)."

I think that maybe the SGC shared some of the Asgard tech with the Tok'ra as part of their treaty/agreement. The Tok'ra probably built the technology using data from the time Hermiod (on SGA in "Critical Mass") extracted a Goa'uld symbiote from Col. Caldwell with Asgard beaming technology on the Daedalus.

Edited to correct the name of the SGA episode.
                      Last edited by DeeKayP; 03 August 2008, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Your thinking of the SGA episode Critical Mass. Collateral Damange is when Mitchell was framed for a murder on that planet with the Galarian memory probes
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Your thinking of the SGA episode Critical Mass. Collateral Damange is when Mitchell was framed for a murder on that planet with the Galarian memory probes
                          Thanks. Yes, it should be Critical Mass.

Comment

Some random comments. I did like the movie, good to see they finally wrapped up the Goa'uld story line. And that the Tok'ra feel safe enough to let their allies know where their homeworld is and to finally build above ground cities after centuries of living in hidden tunnels.

Odd that in the alternate time line they're lives were worse but Jack's & Landry's were better.

About time we saw Carter flying a standard USAF plane instead of an alien craft or 302 (?).

I noticed some comments about the fact that Daniel shouldn't have been allowed on the mission with an artificial leg. True, but these were extenuating circumstances, he was one of only 3 people who knew enough about the situation to maybe save them. Sam & Cam should have bee allowed to fly F-15's with no check out when they hadn't flown for at least a year either.

Davis is way overdue for promotion. He's been a Major since Season 1.

They brought back all those dead Systems Lords. Why not have at least one familiar Tok'ra?
                            DDC

Comment

they wrote the hole off as torpedo damage, off loaded the gate somehwere (how in the heck did they get a multi TON stargate in the hold of a ship anyway???? it's like what, 35 or 65,000 pounds??????) or got another ship to take their cargo before the achilles succumbed to a u boat attack.

he likely told them to hush up, that it was a secret or part of the war effort and played on their sense of patriotism.
                              It's 64000 Lbs.

Vala,

Comment

as to the prosthesis bit...my bro in law is an amputee...he lost part of his right leg when a woman hit his motorcycle

He's an active duty firefighter/paramedic. Losing a leg doesn't commit a person to disability automatically. It all depends upon how well the person is able to adapt. And below the knee amputations are some of the 'easier' to deal with since the only artificial joint you deal with is the ankle

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X