Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Traveling "Plot Hole" of Epic Proportions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    You're ignoring the obvious -- the time line in "The Last Man" is predicated on the events that occurred when Shep stepped into that off world Stargate and was sent forward in time.

When he returned to Atlantis, he returned 12 days after he vanished in the "real time."

The events in Continuum take place at the end of "Search and Rescue."

We were finally getting someplace and you had to be a spoilsport . Naughty, naughty google .

********H U G *********

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
      You're ignoring the obvious -- the time line in "The Last Man" is predicated on the events that occurred when Shep stepped into that off world Stargate and was sent forward in time.

When he returned to Atlantis, he returned 12 days after he vanished in the "real time."

The events in Continuum take place at the end of "Search and Rescue."
      Careful now...being logical gets you called a troll. Attempt being rational at your peril.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

We still time travelling?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          We still time travelling?
          I don't know, if I have the time?
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

I can't think of a single time travel movie in which there isn't a plot hole. But they're still fun...don't worry about it.

Technically speaking, if Ba'al had changed the past (which isn't possible to begin with), the change to the future would have been instantaneous and all at once, not a little bit at a time like in the movie. But that's ok. The movie was good.
            sigpic
            FOX Network

Comment

This is simple:

If Sam wasn called back for the extraction ceremony in this timeline, it's perfectly reasonable that she would've been called back for it in the 'The Last Man' timeline.

At the end of 'Search and Rescue' they didn't say she was being called back to face the IOA they said she was being called back to take part in the extraction ceremony.

And it's not just "a simple extraction" it's the extraction of the last Gua'uld!
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

It's an interesting hypothetical query, if we ignore all the hostilities that followed, but I wouldn't call it a plot hole. Although I did enjoy reading the discussions, and I for one, love time travel.

It seems to me that the central idea is how everything would have imploded because John went missing (wouldn't McKay have loved that!). Things go downhill very quickly, so much so that Sam never makes it to the extraction ceremony, if there was one, and therefore, can't save the day in the subsequently altered timeline in Continuum. This has to assume that whoever the "they" is that caught Ba'al that Sam speaks of at the end of Search and Rescue, still gets to find Ba'al in the timeline where Micheal has run amok in Pegasus since the Ba'al clone seems to indicate that it's because he's been caught that Ba'al is going to do his little trip back to the 1930s. Or that Ba'al was going to go back in time regardless of said clone getting caught. But, we can go with that.

So if we follow that, Shep's in the year 40,000 and Sam is leading crusade to try and save Pegasus when she gets blowed up and then definitely can't go to the ceremony. So now we have two choices:
                A) The ceremony happens without Sam
                B) Real Ba'al goes back in time anyway without any ceremony happening concurrently.

If it's A and our heroes get to exist with their memories in the altered timeline, I would submit that our boys would grab McKay or some other smart person and make him help save th planet when Ba'als forces attack. If it's B, well, then the planet gets blown up and that doesn't make for a very good movie ending.

So, McKay gets to save the day instead of Sam, time gets put back on the right path, John comes back, saves Teyla so Sam can be recalled and everything happens like it happened in the movie we got to see. So what we need is a movie about McKay saving the day in Continuum.

That was fun! Sorry if I'm rehashing something that's already over, but I love thinking through time travel conundrums.
                sigpic

Comment

Its back to the future type time travel, but sg1 was protected by being in the wormhole. Its not that complicated and certainly isnt a plothole.

Comment

Working...
                  X